Now I've got to be for Bama

GalensGhost

Neither Ole Miss nor Arkansas will beat LSU. Alabama is the only team standing between them and the SEC-W title.

From what I've seen of Alabama, there's no way they can beat LSU. Not enough offense. One big pass won't do it like it has Southern Miss, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

But if we still hold out hopes for the SEC, we're going to have to want Alabama to beat LSU.

I'm not sure I'm capable. :P

yes, i would like a glass of kool-aid, please....EXTRA large. thank you.

personally, i could care less if :ua: beat :ut: by 1 point....i would rather them beat TN than :au: to be honest. sorry fat phil. :(

I WILL NEVER PULL FOR ALABAMA TO WIN :no: TO ME THAT IS A SICK SICK THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO PULL FOR BAMMER SHOULD BE A CRIME WITH A SENTENCE TO LIVE IN A TRAILER WITH UNCLE DADDY :moon:

If LSU wins out then AU doesn't go to Atlanta even if AU wins out. UA likely only team remaining of LSUs schedule that can get a win and it would take the same kind of luck that UA had against TN to beat LSU.

AU will not go to Atlanta even if we win out unless someone beats LSU. Bottom line appears to be that UA will have to be the one. The very thought of being for UA against anyone causes great anguish in my heart and soul ... can I really pull for UA in this way? The answer is a carefully thought out answer is NO ... NO ... never ... a thousand times NO.

Why you may ask me would I not be for them. My response is because the outcome of that game will be decided regardless of who I am pulling for. This realization is good for me because it keeps me from stooping so low and really damaging my conscience by having pulled for such an infamous institution as the crowd up the road.

You know, it actually embarrasses me to have to share my beloved state with that crowd of people.

There's no way I can pull for bammer and their fairy of a coach. However, this does seem to be their year. Everything has gone right for them. Tennessee has them beat and they fumble the ball and the game away. Ole Piss has the ball on bammer's 3 and get two consecutive penalties that make the difference in the game. It's just like 92, they don't have the best team, but things just go their way.

If LSU plays Alabama like they played us last night, Alabama could beat LSU. Alabama was very impressive against Florida, but not since then. However, LSU was lucky to have beaten us last night because I believe we were the better of the two teams. If Alabama wants it enough, they can do it. I, too, hope Alabama defeats LSU and then we burst their bubble when they come to Auburn.

Plus, even if Bama beats LSU, and we win out and get to the SECCG, you know what the Phyllises of the world will be saying: "We helped Auburn get to Atlanta--they couldn't have done it without us, those 2nd-rate Barners!". Somehow in their minds, that will totally overshadow the fact that we would have beaten them for the 4th Iron Bowl in a row to get there.

No easy solution for us...my recommendation: Lots of scotch or valium (Don't mix!)...and many, many showers the next day.

I have made up my mind.

I want Alabama to beat LSU because it gives us the best chance to make it to Atlanta if we take care of our own business.

Isn't that why we play the season? To have a chance at a championship? I start out with the same set of goals for Auburn -- in this order -- every single season.

1) Win the SEC West

2) Win the SEC

3) Win the National Championship

4) Beat Alabama

5) Get a New Year's bowl bid.

6) Beat LSU

7) Beat Georgia

8) Have a winning season / Go to a Bowl

9) Beat Ole Miss

10) Beat Arkansas

11) Beat Mississippi State

Of that list, there are only two things I can really mark off as impossible at this point -- beating LSU and winning the national championship. Until and unless the others are unattainable, I will continue to be in favor of whatever can bring them to fruition.

Archived