Brandon great game

TigerOne

Despite the wrenching loss, Brandon did fantastic under the pressure.

It would help if our experienced receivers would catch the ball, and he would move

a little quicker on calling the play. Need to know how many timeouts you have,

any coaches tell him? That last TD drive was thrilling to say the least.

:au: Cox and his team was impressive in that environment. It bothered me that some of our senior receivers let some perfectly thrown balls drop to the ground. :au:

Guest Tigrinum Major
IMO, for every good pass Brandon threw, he then threw 2 or 3 not so good passes.

191909[/snapback]

Surely you jest. 2 to 3 for every good pass? That is saying that 75% of his throws were "not so good". Define that for me, please?

Incompletion? There were several drops. Cox can't make both ends of the play.

Overthrow? There were at least two where Cox got rid of the ball to avoid a sack. I would rather see a throw out of bounds rather than a forced throw into coverage.

I saw a few (very few) not so good passes on Saturday night. To make a statement of 2 to 3 for every good pass is sensationalism at its best. Is this you, Paul Finebaum?

IMO, for every good pass Brandon threw, he then threw 2 or 3 not so good passes.

191909[/snapback]

Surely you jest. 2 to 3 for every good pass? That is saying that 75% of his throws were "not so good". Define that for me, please?

Incompletion? There were several drops. Cox can't make both ends of the play.

Overthrow? There were at least two where Cox got rid of the ball to avoid a sack. I would rather see a throw out of bounds rather than a forced throw into coverage.

I saw a few (very few) not so good passes on Saturday night. To make a statement of 2 to 3 for every good pass is sensationalism at its best. Is this you, Paul Finebaum?

191920[/snapback]

Well, he was 16 of 40. So there were 24 incompletions, I don't recall how many drops our WR's had, three to four, so that leaves about 20 passes that were off the mark. I just recall many passes that were off the mark with little to no pressure on him. I do recall many passes that were at the feet of players for no apparent reason.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Well, he was 16 of 40.  So there were 24 incompletions, I don't recall how many drops our WR's had, three to four, so that leaves about 20 passes that were off the mark.  I just recall many passes that were off the mark with little to no pressure on him.  I do recall many passes that were at the feet of players for no apparent reason.

191934[/snapback]

I have seen estimations of the drops anywhere from 7-8 to a dozen. Let's say it was on the low end of that.

That leaves us at 23 of 40. Not All-American, but decent.

Even at 16 of 40, that is a ratio of 1.5 "not so good" pass to every "good" pass if we go simply by completions.

Anyway you slice it, a far cry from 2 to 3 not so good passes to every good pass.

I agree and am Thankful that a level headed young MAN with his character is calling the signals for the defending SEC Champs. He will only get better with time. THAT will be fun to watch! :au:

Archived