CTT - Crazy Like A Fox?

Jenny AU-92

Okay, so unless something bizarre occurs, Auburn is out of the Rose Bowl, so maybe this ain't our fight. But it is looking like yet another team will get jobbed this year (Va Tech, perhaps Georgia) and maybe CTT is stirring this pot because he knows Auburn has nothing to lose this year if we piss some people off, and if he creates enough controversy about ESPN and the F****d Up BCS system, he can get his point across to more people that the system SUCKS. He knew that calling out the Gameday Boys and Holtz would make news, and sure enough...

So crazy like a fox? Maybe...

well maybe, but he was asked a general question about if it could happen again.At a QB club meeting. So it wasn't a planned thing. Even if he is right

You may have hit upon the real deal here. If he says this last year to this degree it is nothing except sour grapes. This year he does not have a dog in the actual fight. I still say to heck with all of them....I like us against the world!

Yep, the Rose Bowl was out of the picture for AU after the GT game. However, the SEC Championship is still up for grabs and AU is still in the hunt. That's the goal.

CTT crazy like a fox? No, I think he's just fed up with the stupid BCS system like so many others. ANY objective analysis of the stupid BCS system would reveal its flaws and the ESPN talking heads are just as guilty of pretending the stupid BCS system is legitimate as any of the stupid BCS committe members. Yet, they say nothing on the air or worse, they rationalize the stupid BCS system by saying something as profound as "well, it may be stupid but it's the only system we have." The sooner CFB gets to a playoff, the better. It's the only fair way.

I think you guys are right on track. I agree that it's "us against the world." But only for now. What CTT is doing is drawing attention to the fact that teams ARE going to get screwed (maybe UGA, VT etc). Then later on in the year when it actually comes true and there are one or two teams that deserve a shot but don't get it, all because they are not the media darlings from USC, there will be more people with us.

Also, think about this... if there was a playoff, which conferences in the nation would almost CERTAINLY be taking a shot at the NC EVERY YEAR if it was about winning and not about polls? :)

The SEC would freakin' dominate every year. We play games of that caliber all season long. It's just life in the SEC.

i think tubbs has been a big time headcoach for long enough to know that when he speaks, esp. to a crowd there is a good chance it will be reported.......He knew this would happen

When enough fans get really upset things might change. Bringing other schools (i.e. fans) into the fight could help the play off cause.

I was just thinking that he probably decided to let his true feelings out now that we don't really appear to be in the running...(we really aren't, but never say never I guess....)...but anyways....

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I must say it....I sort of wish we didn't play UGA or Bama this year....not because I fear we'll lose, but I'm a conference guy and if an SEC team has a shot at a title, then I am backing them (with the biggest reason being that if they win it all it shows how good our conference is). Now as far as playing Bama and UGA, since we are playing them I want to beat them, that is obvious. I just wish we didn't have to play them because if we win it ruins their shot at a title (which would be fun, but then there's the part of me that wants as many schools as possible to experience what we did last year in the hope that somehow something will get changed.).... So I'm sure some of you will acccuse me of not being an Auburn fan, but trust me I am one of the biggest Auburn fans you'll find around...born and raised in the Auburn area, sold programs just to get into the games for free, worked concessions to get in free, and go to all the games as a student and get there as soon as the gates open, so please don't question my spirit. I am just looking at this from a situation that would be best for the overall scheme of things, but since we can't abstain from playing UGA and Bama I hope that we do beat them both and ruin their seasons!! (but I don't know how well Bama would do without Prothro anyways in a championship game, but their D would be one of the best any of those top 2 would face all year....)...anyways War Eagle!!!

Please don't hate on me too bad....Im just being honest........

I don't see why anyone would flame on you about your comments. I myself have thought the same things in the last couple of weeks. With everything you have brought up it has lead me to the only conclusion I can come up with......

GO VT!

All I can say is Go Tubs. Give 'em hell. He is right on target, not only about ESPN's influence but on their incompetent announcers. Think about it....what do Curry, Corso, Donnan, Holtz, etc., have in common. They all got fired from their last coaching job because they were losers. So ESPN is a bunch of losers. Just fact, not opinion.

And talk about arrogance. After Tubs went off the air with patrick yesterday, Patrick said "college football needs ESPN more than ESPN needs college football."

Thank goodness someone like Tubs has some gonads. :cheer:

And talk about arrogance. After Tubs went off the air with patrick yesterday, Patrick said "college football needs ESPN more than ESPN needs college football."

193014[/snapback]

Oh, right. Auburn - Georgia have been playing football since 1892 and ESPN just marked their 25 year anniversary, yet there would be no college football without ESPN. :blink:

i'd like to go back to the "sec would dominate a playoff" idea. i just don't know how true it is. when i look back on the bcs, i think the winner of that game would have won a playoff in all, but possibly 3 years: 1998, 2002, and 2004.

in 98, tennessee was the only unbeaten team in the nation (except maybe tulane or something i dunno), but they had a LOT of games they almost or in one case should have lost. i think that was a solid team, but you can't scoff at the fact that fsu's starting qb had a broken neck. i don't have a good enough memory to come up with the team that would've beaten them, but i do think they were beatable in a playoff. wisconsin, ucla, and ohio state all went 10-1 so they would've been your playoff possibles.

99 fsu was by far the best team in the nation without a doubt. nebraska and alabama were the only other double digit win teams.

00 ou played a nasty style of defense, and they beat fsu like a drum. could the U have beaten them? maybe, but i'd take that defense over the flash and dash of miami. miami and washington both deserved a chance as much as fsu (huskies beat the U, the U beat fsu).

01 miami was a team on a mission. i wish we could have seen oregon play them, but i think that game would have had a legitimate double-digit line. oregon played colorado, 10-1 maryland probably deserved a spot in the playoffs too.

02 osu was a great team. they found ways to make huge plays at the end of games. HOWEVA, miami, osu, usc, and uga were all playing well above the competition at the end of the year. i'm not for sure usc or uga wouldn't have won the playoff. matter of fact, i would have taken either team or osu.

03 lsu in my opinion was the best team in the land, and best defense i had seen since 1992 alabama. the game against usc would have been a world of fun and meeeechigan, fsu, and miami all had the same record going into bowl season.

04 usc would have been knocked off in my biased opinion. i'm a defense over offense guy all the way. our's was as good as lsu's the year before so i say we could have held usc to 24 or less. utah, ou, usc, and auburn all deserved a shot.

fact is, i think the sec would have won in 2003, 2004, and maybe pulled the upset in 2002, but i don't think tennessee could've maintained through two big games like that. maybe i'm wrong, but i see a pretty balanced conference split even with a playoff.

in 98, tennessee was the only unbeaten team in the nation (except maybe tulane or something i dunno), but they had a LOT of games they almost or in one case should have lost. i think that was a solid team, but you can't scoff at the fact that fsu's starting qb had a broken neck. i don't have a good enough memory to come up with the team that would've beaten them, but i do think they were beatable in a playoff. wisconsin, ucla, and ohio state all went 10-1 so they would've been your playoff possibles.

The 98 TN team should have been beaten by :arky: . There QB fumbled the snap with just seconds left on the clock and gave :ut: the ball back in time to score and take the lead. It was BADDDDDDD. Clint Steroner (sp) was the QB and all they had to do was run the clock out and they win.

All I can say is this........................

WAR TOMMY TUBBERVILLE!!!!

He told it like it is! A CRAP system that gives the media darlings the power to chose, regardless of what happens on the field. I like his style!

And so does 99.9% of the SEC fans. Just look at their comments. Most of them, even in anguish, agree with CTT and have a new found repsect for him.

Archived