Ole Miss

Proud Tiger

I look at the threads here and see talk about everything but the game this weekend. Ya'll must think it will be ho hum. Remember the mighty tide had to kick a FG with 6 seconds left to beat them. And TT has lost twice to them since he has been at Auburn. I hope we blow then away but think Ole Miss is improving and that won't happen. Anyhow it looks like a nice day on tap for a game. And wouldn't it be nice if Miss. St. and Sylvester popped the tide. :cheer:

One can make an argument that we have had more problems with Ole Miss over the years than Arkansas. We haven't beaten the Rebels at home in this millenium..

But the game's on JP, and Auburn on JP means crappy opponent. Do we ever lose on JP?

Auburn 33, Ole Miss 6

they have a good defense but they gave up 24 to wyoming and 31 to vandy. They played bama tight but it looked to me like bama didn't play a good game on the offensive side of the ball. Our Offensive line will manhandle their smallish D-Line, the one player to look out for is Willis, but he can't make plays on every down. I look for irons to nudge the century mark with one td and cox to throw for 250 and three tds.

:au: 31 :om: 13

yes, John Vaughan gets one through.

:au: Ole Miss did hang with alabama (who is back!, apparently) and overrated. Bama ends up with two losses, maybe three, if they lose the blue bonnett bowl again. :au:

:au: 37

:om: 10

Looks as if My lovelly Bride will , in staying with her boasting of being the best wife in the world, stay at home with Mom and let me go to the game. I will attempt to drag jaydubb with me. (And that is not easy "draggin'". :D

Ole Miss, like every SEC team, will not lay down and play dead for us. We will have to play AUBURN Football to win. We should win, but, we should have beaten tech and the fake Tigers too!

Time will tell. Be careful all and I will see you in AUBURN ! ! ! :cheer:

WAR EAGLE ! ! !...O N E at a time. :au:

p.s. uat loses to the mighty men of utah state this week. :lol:

PT, Auburn did win at home in 01, 27-21. The only losses to Ole Miss since 1992 have been 24-17OT in 1999 and 24-20 in 2003, trust me. Ole Miss hung with Bama and that is about the only highlight of their season so far except that big win over the Citadel. The Rebs 'D is pretty decent but that offense is worse than UT's according the NCAA stats. Close first half, Auburn will grind it out in the second half and the Rebel's will have to Hotty Toddy somewhere else.

:au: 38

:om: 9

Quick question about the Ole Miss game. I know Lester was injured and would not play in the LSU game. Did Irons regain his starting position based on his performance at LSU or is Lester starting against Ole Miss? Or was Lester's injury more serious than the coaches thought?

Irons will be the starter, which I see him keeping for the rest of the season. Lester is still rehabing from the injury he suffered at Arakansas. The word is that is will not play this weekend, we shouldn't need him anyways.

PT, Auburn did win at home in 01, 27-21. The only losses to Ole Miss since 1992 have been 24-17OT in 1999 and 24-20 in 2003, trust me. Ole Miss hung with Bama and that is about the only highlight of their season so far except that big win over the Citadel. The Rebs 'D is pretty decent but that offense is worse than UT's according the NCAA stats. Close first half, Auburn will grind it out in the second half and the Rebel's will have to Hotty Toddy somewhere else.

:au:   38

:om:   9

193305[/snapback]

You are right. I was looking at the record for 2110 and I guess I got temporary dylexia. :blink:

Based on scoring averages against their D1 Opponents...

:au:   24

:om:   3

193328[/snapback]

Stat always comes through with a close score, I will stick close to it but think we come away with our second shut-out of the season.

:au: 27

:om: 0

Archived