tuberville

AUbirdie

with all this talk of ESPN influence and former SEC coaches who were unsucessful and so little talk about this weekends game I hope the team will be prepared. It seems to me that tubbs is setting himself up for some major criticism should the team slip up this weekend. God forbid that happen because i think everyone can imagine the spin that some of the "major networks" might put on that. That being said i think we should easily handle Old piss this weekend and we won't have to worry aboyut that but they always play us tough. I can't remeber the final score last year but i know the first half was a dogfight. they still hate tuberville in oxford and will come ready to play. i just hope we do the same.

Tubberville will have them ready to play. He did the same thing last year, before the SEC Championship, which was by far a tougher game. We will be ready, don't worry about that.

Well said!!!! I don't think we will take them lightly. I think our team is pretty focussed right now and maybe the most they have been all year.

BTW...Anybody got that picture that was floating around that had Lou and Granny Clampett side by side?

Agreed. I hope it hasn't been a distraction but from everything I've read, it looks like the players are all chomping at the bit to get it on Saturday.

War Eagle and let's rip the Rebs.

I don't see how it is a distraction for CTT; he made his point and the distracted ones are the talking heads at ESPN. I think he accomplished exactly what he intended, a swift, surgical strike at what needs to be addressed in college football. Have you heard anyone other than the guilty parties disagree with him? I can just see him chuckling as he catches a glimpse of the befuddled talking heads as they try to convince us that the obvious is, in fact, false.

No worry. I sense this team - and the AU fathfull - are now on a mission the next 4 games. I think you will see a determination equal to or greater than last year. This is a sixth sense thing but I beleive it.

I think what he said is good for Auburn and good for football. He did it much better and more publicly than Dye ever did during his days of sparring with Corso. He wrapped it all up in the whole BCS-mess; made him an instant authority liked by the VT's, etc., of the sports world. I hope he keeps it up.

His comment on Holtz (and the talking heads) is correct; I don't know how that guy ever won a game anywhere; have you ever seen him speak to a team? He always looked a-few -bricks-shy every time I have seen him.

As for Dan Patrick, he just went down several notches in my estimation. Instead of using that as a great opportunity to discuss the BCS-mess, he got all defensive and attacked a guest; pretty much like the press always does when you criticise them. The press has open liscence to criticise anyone; they just don't understand how to handle it when it comes back the other way......

Go TT; beat Bama; I hate Alabama and I want you to hate them too......

I don't see how it is a distraction for CTT; he made his point and the distracted ones are the talking heads at ESPN.  I think he accomplished exactly what he intended, a swift, surgical strike at what needs to be addressed in college football.  Have you heard anyone other than the guilty parties disagree with him?  I can just see him chuckling as he catches a glimpse of the befuddled talking heads as they try to convince us that the obvious is, in fact, false.

193349[/snapback]

Well said. :thumbsup:

I don't think this has been any distraction for the team at all. I feel like they're going to be plenty focused for the rest of the season. They played well enough to beat a 6-point favorite last Saturday that many folks were predicting to go to the Rose Bowl pre-season. We weren't even supposed to have a chance in the game by those standards. I think the team is now poised to prove to the world that they are for real.

On the other hand, as someone mentioned on another thread, it has been a good distraction for us fans in getting our minds of the heart break of last Saturday.

I worry more about ESPN taking it out on CTT by not scheduling as many of his games inthe future. However, since they are controlled by the almighty dollar, I can't really see them letting a petty grudge stand between them and making another buck on a profitable Auburn game in the future.

I don't think this has been any distraction for the team at all.  I feel like they're going to be plenty focused for the rest of the season.  They played well enough to beat a 6-point favorite last Saturday that many folks were predicting to go to the Rose Bowl pre-season.  We weren't even supposed to have a chance in the game by those standards.  I think the team is now poised to prove to the world that they are for real.

On the other hand, as someone mentioned on another thread, it has been a good distraction for us fans in getting our minds of the heart break of last Saturday.

I worry more about ESPN taking it out on CTT by not scheduling as many of his games inthe future.  However, since they are controlled by the almighty dollar, I can't really see them letting a petty grudge stand between them and making another buck on a profitable Auburn game in the future.

193397[/snapback]

Controversy is good for ratings.

"His comment on Holtz (and the talking heads) is correct; I don't know how that guy ever won a game anywhere; have you ever seen him speak to a team? He always looked a-few -bricks-shy every time I have seen him".

Hold on there partner, Holtz didn'ty make millions of dollars on the speaking circuit by talking like Jim donnan. I saw Holtz in Atlanta @ a motivational seminar and he was OUTSTANDING. Watching him on ESPN, I'm guesinng he's either been told to real it in (especially after, on his first Satuday as an ESPN commentator, he sarcastically pointed out MHrk May was using footage of Hawaii's defense to show how good some team's offense was). Another possibility is Lou is just not a spring chicken any more, but don't question his amazing powers of motivation through most of his life. Check w/ the '78 Arkansas team he coached w/out their best players (which he suspended before the bowl game) and see what kind of motivation he gave them before they beat #1.

Archived