Heading for South Bend

Proud Tiger

A friend (big ND fan) called me last night and said someone in his group going to the ND-UT game had to cancel . He asked me if I would like to go. Having never been to South Bend, I gladly accepted. I guess I will be the only one pulling for UT. I will wear my Auburn hat :cheer:

A friend  (big ND fan) called me last night and said someone in his group going to the ND-UT game had to cancel . He asked me if I would like to go. Having never been to South Bend, I gladly accepted. I guess I will be the only one pulling for UT. I will wear my Auburn hat :cheer:

194676[/snapback]

I am happy that you get to go to the game, however I feel bad for you that the game is in South Bend. People say Auburn is a one horse town....Southbend doesn't even have one horse. CFB hall of fame is there though and ND campus is cool. Have a good time.

A friend  (big ND fan) called me last night and said someone in his group going to the ND-UT game had to cancel . He asked me if I would like to go. Having never been to South Bend, I gladly accepted. I guess I will be the only one pulling for UT. I will wear my Auburn hat :cheer:

194676[/snapback]

Going to South Bend, cheering for SEC rival UT against ND, doning the beloved orange and blue AU hat - You will be the life of the party my friend. I am sure you will be shown lots of love and get no strange :blink: looks !! Go Vols!!

I think it would be very cool to go to South Bend and sit in one of those end zone seats that are field level with no fence or wall separating you from the playing field. My first AU game was in 1969 sitting in wooden bleachers in the north end zone. We were very close to the field and action when the teams were on our end of the field.

I have had the opportunity to go to a few ND games in South Bend and it is amazing, especially for me an irish catholic. THe atmosphere is totally different than au, but electricity is definately in the air. Have fun

A buddy of mine at work took off today to travel up there. Unfortunately, he is a Vol fan, but it's still cool. Personally, I am traveling to Lexington tonite for the party with the Bluegrass Auburn Club. Auburn-UK is much more important to me! :D Yeeeeehaw! Bring on the Cats!

Notre Dame is one of two team The Crimson Tide have not been able to defeat! Texas is the other! :au::homer::ua: :angel:

This a particuarly important point for The Tide this season. Texas or Notre Dame are likely to face either Alabama or Auburn 2005. Certainly

oh yes a :lsu::au:

Let us know if when you walk through the tunnel if its the greatest sight your eyes have ever seen.

You sick fans will know what I'm speaking of.

Have fun and do not make any jokes about Lou Holtz, even though he is a rambling idiot. AWK I like the sig but I doubt too many of the "gray haired" tigers on this board know who that is.

I forgot to mention this. I was at the Notre Dame USC game this year. After the game was over and we were walking out of the stadium, a couple of USC fans saw my Auburn Sweatshirt and came up to talk to me. They asked what I was doing in South Bend. I told them I came to root for Notre Dame because of last year (even though I felt USC deserved to be in Orange bowl and Chokelahome didn't). They laughed and told me that they had traveled to Auburn two years ago for the USC Auburn game which opened the season. They said Auburn fans are the best they have ever seen and hoped to come to the plains for some more games :cheer: . Just thought you guys might find it interesting. I must admit, I hate USC, but you gotta respect the quality team that they are. I might take heat for saying that, but its the truth, ask the crackheads at ESPN :P:au:

By the way, South Bend may not be the nicest city, but it is about 5 times bigger than the Auburn Opelika area, so if Auburn has 1 horse, they surely have 5

Archived