Looking back on Saturday

Aubie7

What an exciting win! Auburn must, however, play it's best game of the year this week against UAT. Not that UAT is better than anyone else we have played, but we have got to make some serious corrections and adjustments to ensure that we walk away with a win in this game.

Punt return: F

Sorry! No return yards is killing us. It is not the returner's responsibility to set this up. When he catches the ball and is immediately surrounded by anywhere from 3 to 6 men, it is hard to do anything but faircatch.At least ther ewer no fumbles. This next game will be all about field position and we mustbe able to return some of punts.

QB: A

Stayed cool.

Offensive Line: B+

Could have done more on some pass blocking, but provided good run support

Defense: As a unit-> D-

We did not, or would not, cover the tight end. We still refuse to cover a back out of the backfiled. They both ran behind the LBS and were wide open all night. Poor tackling, which I thought was a one-time thing at Kentucky, was rampant. None, or very little pressure from the DE'S, again. No containment on QB and (the biggest flaw) very little pressure on the QB.

PK- A+

It should not have come down to him again, or ever, but he did his job.

If changes are not made and some things corrected, then UAT will look like USC on Saturday. There is no way that they should score more than 7- 13 points on our defense. We are more than capable of putting up 17+ on them, IF we don't draw up and go conservative. :au:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Don't really disagree with your comments, but the grades are a bit harsh for Punt Returns and Defense.

More like a C- for PRs and C for Defense. Average, but good enough to get a win.

In the SEC.

On the road.

As an underdog.

At Sanford Stadium.

Over a Top 15 team.

I would bet that Tre was told to fair catch the ball no matter what.

Our quick kick aka field goal try was good idea, just didn't catch the corner.

Is Georgia's field goal kicker the best in the conference ?Yes. If that fumble hadn't

given us a chance to run time off the clock he would have kicked a 60 yarder.

There was some talk that Georgia should have let :au: score quickly to allow

time for a FG attempt .

I give the defense a B- for causing the fumble that kept us in the game, but they have become a concern no doubt.

Offense, Borges (that is one cool dude on the sideline) pulled out some plays we had not seen, expect that again. A

Brandon has to be more aware of backside pressure.

No huddle was genius by Georgia, it helped them.

Seven NEVER fails to see the falling sky. We just beat the #9 team in the nation, on the road. (Not to mention the fact that this is our oldest rival.)

AU has the SEC's #1 Offense. Our defense is more than capable of stopping whatever uat throws at us. (Will they? Who knows?)

I am looking forward to Saturday. I enjoyed win #8 and am looking for #9.

WAR :au: EAGLE ! ! ! :cheer:

You give no credit to Bliss or even our own Kicker for booting them in field position. Your grades for punting and kicking alike are either : A or F and have been that way all season. Maybe you'll get a sense of a team effort someday.

Reminds me of last year, we got no respect then either. Always, well if they beat so and so, and so forth and so on, if we beat Bama on the road. But Bama didn't have to prove that they got to be #3 by barely beating no one!!! Except maybe a bad 7-3 Florida. Then they barely drop! My goodness, why do they treat us this way! :puke:

WAR EAGLE and Bama better watch out come Sat. I bet we are working on pass coverage this week!!! That was our weakest part of the game. If we get to Croyle he will get mad and start messing up! Did you see how mad he got during the LSU game! LOL!!!! Poor baby! :cheer:

Aubie7

I agree in principle with what you said but you were too harsh on the punt return team and the defense. I also would down grade Cox to A minus due to the poor throw he made that resulted in a INT. He also fumbled on a sack because he did not put the ball away. We were lucky because a offensive lineman fell on the ball. Other than that he was perfect.

We did win the game and that is all that matters.

We keep winning and media finally realize that the West and SEC champ comes through AU, respect will come. We are finally at the level we have all been waiting for since Terry's 20-0 start and Dye era. If we win 10 this year and then come back next year with 10, the respect AND pressure will be their.

You give no credit to Bliss or even our own Kicker for booting them in field position.  Your grades for punting and kicking alike are either : A or F and have been that way all season.  Maybe you'll get a sense of a team effort someday.

198321[/snapback]

Maybe we get a total team effort from the team one day!? If we do that this Saturday, we win hands-down. :au:

We keep winning and media finally realize that the West and SEC champ comes through AU, respect will come. We are finally at the level we have all been waiting for since Terry's 20-0 start and Dye era. If we win 10 this year and then come back next year with 10, the respect AND pressure will be their.

198336[/snapback]

Correct. Three straight 10 plus win seasons will help with the respect.

Archived