Turning of the tables

GalensGhost

I was reading through some of the pre-game articles this morning and I came across this one from The Pensacola News Journal.

Link

As I read it, something struck me like a bolt of lightning out of the blue. First, however, some excerpts:

...Brodie Croyle:

"You can't totally be where you want to be without beating Auburn if you play at Alabama. You can't say you had a great season if you don't beat Auburn. You can go 10-1 and still lose to Auburn, and everyone will wonder, 'Why y'all didn't have a good season.' ...

...Charlie Peprah:

"I've never beaten Auburn personally since I've been here. The season wouldn't be complete unless we beat Auburn, so I say that's what we need to do."...

...Linebacker Mark Anderson:

"You've got to finish it by beating Auburn," he said. "You can have a losing season and beat Auburn at the end, and the fans will still enjoy the win because they've got bragging rights."...

...Mike Shula:

"The seniors want to finish their careers strong," he said. "That would be a great way to do that with a win Saturday. They want more than just being known as senior who laid the foundation from here on out. They want to go out on a winning note."

As I read these quotes it dawned on me that these were the very same kind of quotes and attitudes I used to read from Auburn players and from Doug Barfield in the 70s.

Regardless of the outcome of any single game, this is clear evidence to me that the war has already been won. Auburn is, and has been for a great while, what Alabama aspires to be. The worth of Alabama's program is valued in relation to Auburn's. What's even more amazing is how blissfully unaware the Tide fans remain. It's a beautiful thing.

A Men!!!!! Could not have said it better my self....

Now Lets Continue the Fine Auburn Tradition and Flush The Tide Down the Bowl!!! Roll Tide Roll

"WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE"

GET EM BLUE!!!!!! :cheer::au::cheer:

I was reading through some of the pre-game articles this morning and I came across this one from The Pensacola News Journal.

Link

As I read it, something struck me like a bolt of lightning out of the blue.  First, however, some excerpts:

...Brodie Croyle:

"You can't totally be where you want to be without beating Auburn if you play at Alabama. You can't say you had a great season if you don't beat Auburn. You can go 10-1 and still lose to Auburn, and everyone will wonder, 'Why y'all didn't have a good season.' ...

...Charlie Peprah:

"I've never beaten Auburn personally since I've been here. The season wouldn't be complete unless we beat Auburn, so I say that's what we need to do."...

"You've got to finish it by beating Auburn," he said. "You can have a losing season and beat Auburn at the end, and the fans will still enjoy the win because they've got bragging rights."...

...Mike Shula:

"The seniors want to finish their careers strong," he said. "That would be a great way to do that with a win Saturday. They want more than just being known as senior who laid the foundation from here on out. They want to go out on a winning note." 

As I read these quotes it dawned on me that these were the very same kind of quotes and attitudes I used to read from Auburn players and from Doug Barfield in the 70s.

Regardless of the outcome of any single game, this is clear evidence to me that the war has already been won.  Auburn is, and has been for a great while, what Alabama aspires to be.  The worth of Alabama's program is valued in relation to Auburn's.  What's even more amazing is how blissfully unaware the Tide fans remain.  It's a beautiful thing.

199377[/snapback]

Now you have gone and done "it". You have pointed out the 5000 lb. gorilla in the corner. :D

Link

As I read it, something struck me like a bolt of lightning out of the blue.  First, however, some excerpts:

...Brodie Croyle:

...Charlie Peprah:

...Mike Shula:

Regardless of the outcome of any single game, this is clear evidence to me that the war has already been won.  Auburn is, and has been for a great while, what Alabama aspires to be.  The worth of Alabama's program is valued in relation to Auburn's.  What's even more amazing is how blissfully unaware the Tide fans remain.  It's a beautiful thing.

199377[/snapback]

Thank you Galen, for saying whay I have been thinking for some time.

WAR EAGLE!

:au::au:

Link

...Brodie Croyle:

...Charlie Peprah:

...Mike Shula:

199377[/snapback]

You guys are as delusionally self-congratulatory as you claim the Bama fans are. Give me a break! :rolleyes: And Roll Tide! :lsu:

Link

...Brodie Croyle:

...Charlie Peprah:

...Mike Shula:

199377[/snapback]

You guys are as delusionally self-congratulatory as you claim the Bama fans are. Give me a break! :rolleyes: And Roll Tide! :lsu:

199483[/snapback]

And you are as obnoxious today as you usually are.

Oh yeah GO REBS!

:om::om:

:puke::lsu:

Link

...Brodie Croyle:

...Charlie Peprah:

...Mike Shula:

199377[/snapback]

199483[/snapback]

And you are as obnoxious today as you usually are.

Oh yeah GO REBS!

:om::om:

:puke::lsu:

199524[/snapback]

I just call 'em like I see 'em. And I'm just analyzing all of this from an armchair psychologist's point of view. There are some deep seated insecurities in Auburn fans which manifest themselves in myriad ways. Insecurities related to the Bear, Bama's 12 national championships and multiple SEC championships. It rears its ugly head when you declare yourselves the People's National Champions after being left out of the NC picture last year. 12-0 and no respect will cause you to act out in bizarre ways. I actually thought you guys should have played for the National Championship last year. The powers-that-be apparently did not see it that way. Now if the venerable Crimson Tide had gone 12-0, it would have been a done deal! Bama and USC in Orange Bowl-no questions asked. No amount of delusional thinking about Bama aspiring to be what Auburn is can make that pesky little fact go away. " Always the bridesmaid, never the bride". "Alabama's red-headed step child". Pick your cliche'. Ridiculous or not, they do have some basis in reality. I even hear Bama fans say that "Most Auburn fans are closet Bama fans". They say it just depends on whether Bama is winning or not and, if so, the WarEagle Nation jumps on the Crimson Tide bandwagon. The only ones who seem blinded by this reality are the Auburn fans. From the outside looking in, it is very obvious. The obvious becomes unmistakable during Iron Bowl week. That said, I would like to say "Go get 'em Plainswomen-only 11 National Championships to go and you guys are neck and neck with 'Bama. But, oh yeah, I forgot-they aspire to be everything Auburn is, right?" :roflol: :

Was that your picture we saw last week? You and your boyfriend in the stands in Tuscaloosa.

Today will you be having nutria on a stick for lunch or "Crock-Pot" Nutria for dinner? Or as you guys would say, Suppa.

Louisiana Nutria Recipe

Heart Healthy "Crock-Pot" Nutria

* 2 hind saddle portions of nutria meat

* 1 tomato, cut in big wedges

* 2 carrots, sliced thin

* 1/2 cup white wine

* 2 teaspoons chopped garlic

* 1 cup demi glace (optional)

* 1 small onion, sliced thin

* 2 potatoes, sliced thin

* Brussel sprouts

* 1 cup water

* salt and pepper to taste

Layer onion, tomato, potatoes, carrots and Brussel sprouts in crock pot. Season nutria with salt, pepper and garlic to taste and place nutria over vegetables. Add wine and water, set crock pot on low and let cook until meat is tender. Cook for approximately 4 to 6 hours. Garnish with vegetables and demi glace (4 servings).

http://www.lacoast.gov/watermarks/2000b-06/3recipe/

http://www.nutria.com/site8.php

I just call 'em like I see 'em.  And I'm just analyzing all of this from an armchair psychologist's point of view.  There are some deep seated insecurities in Auburn fans which manifest themselves in myriad ways.  Insecurities related to the Bear, Bama's 12 national championships and multiple SEC championships.  It rears its ugly head when you declare yourselves the People's National Champions after being left out of the NC picture last year.  12-0 and no respect will cause you to act out in bizarre ways.  I actually thought you guys should have played for the National Championship last year.  The powers-that-be apparently did not see it that way.  Now if the venerable Crimson Tide had gone 12-0, it would have been a done deal! Bama and USC in Orange Bowl-no questions asked.  No amount of delusional thinking about Bama aspiring to be what Auburn is can make that pesky little fact go away.  " Always the bridesmaid, never the bride".  "Alabama's red-headed step child".  Pick your cliche'.  Ridiculous or not, they do have some basis in reality.  I even hear Bama fans say that "Most Auburn fans are closet Bama fans".  They say it just depends on whether Bama is winning or not and, if so,  the WarEagle Nation jumps on the Crimson Tide bandwagon.  The only ones who seem blinded by this reality are the Auburn fans.  From the outside looking in, it is very obvious.  The obvious becomes unmistakable during Iron Bowl week.  That said, I would like to say "Go get 'em Plainswomen-only 11 National Championships to go and you guys are neck and neck with 'Bama.  But, oh yeah, I forgot-they aspire to be everything Auburn is, right?"  :roflol:   :

199557[/snapback]

Now who's delusional?

Every single thing you stated in that post is utter lunacy. Please go back to thinking Les Miles is the next great SEC coach and keep the rest of your ignorance to yourself.

:lol:

Was that your picture we saw last week?  You and your boyfriend in the stands in Tuscaloosa.

Today will you be having nutria on a stick for lunch or "Crock-Pot" Nutria for dinner?  Or as you guys would say, Suppa.

Louisiana Nutria Recipe

Heart Healthy "Crock-Pot" Nutria

* 2 hind saddle portions of nutria meat

* 1 tomato, cut in big wedges

* 2 carrots, sliced thin

* 1/2 cup white wine

* 2 teaspoons chopped garlic

* 1 cup demi glace (optional)

* 1 small onion, sliced thin

* 2 potatoes, sliced thin

* Brussel sprouts

* 1 cup water

* salt and pepper to taste

Layer onion, tomato, potatoes, carrots and Brussel sprouts in crock pot. Season nutria with salt, pepper and garlic to taste and place nutria over vegetables. Add wine and water, set crock pot on low and let cook until meat is tender. Cook for approximately 4 to 6 hours. Garnish with vegetables and demi glace (4 servings).

http://www.lacoast.gov/watermarks/2000b-06/3recipe/

http://www.nutria.com/site8.php

199558[/snapback]

No, turns out it was my boyfriend and his boyfriend. SOB cheated on me on national TV! :o That recipe actually looks pretty damn good minus the nutria. I think I would prefer chicken or beef. Now nutria corndogs--that's a different story altogether! That post hit a little too close to home? Remember, acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery (and reality). You guys pull for our Tigers today, alright?" :lsu::puke::om:

Your observations are keen, but your conclusions are obviously based purely on emotion. Ever since I was at Bama in the early sixties while my brother was at Auburn, it's always been the same: Bama considers a 1-9 season with a win over Auburn a successful season. Auburn considers a 1-9 season with a win over Bama a successful season. It will never change. Oh, and Auburn doesn't want to be Alabama and Alabama doesn't want to be Auburn...and that will never change! Auburn just wants to BEAT Alabama and Alabama just wants to BEAT Auburn. You left off the "at" in "beat".

john BS Alabama 69 :ua: , EdS Auburn 77 :au:

Link

...Brodie Croyle:

...Charlie Peprah:

...Mike Shula:

199377[/snapback]

Your response to his thoughtful analysis reminds me of an old adage: Tis better to remain silent and thought to be a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

john

Bama 69 :ua:

Auburn 77 :au:

Roll Tide and War Eagle!!!

Now who's delusional?

Every single thing you stated in that post is utter lunacy. Please go back to thinking Les Miles is the next great SEC coach and keep the rest of your ignorance to yourself.

:lol:

199566[/snapback]

Archived