Just 9th????

BGoodTiger

I could understand being ranked 9th if Miami hadn't lost BUT, since the 'Caines did lose I would have expected us to jump Oregon and possibly Ohio State. You can make the case for Oregon saying that they only have one loss and it was to SC but then what does an 9-2 Ohio State and an 8-2 Notre Dame have to say for themselves? I understand Notre Dame played SC and should have beat them; however they did not and their other loss is to a Michigan State team that can't beat anybody anymore. I know I should be excited about yesterday and I am but I expected us to move up a little higher in the rankings after putting up 28 against the #1 defense and shutting down Brodie (a.k.a. Heisman, Mullet, Shula's illegitimate son).

I'm not complaining about an conspiracy against us. I'm merely wondering what the voters didn't see on Saturday to move us up.

At this point in the season, what does it matter?  All we can do is beat whomever we draw in the bowl.

200140[/snapback]

I'll second that.... and add it, that this points to some waaaaaaaay overdue respect for next season as well. We return more talent than anyone else in the SEC, maybe the nation.

Auburn will end up in the top 5 after bowl season if we win. And who knows, if Arkansas can pull the upset..... ????? I can not see that, but you never know.

I am happy with this teams year. They have proved to the nation that Auburn Football will not go away any time soon!

Archived