Why are LSU fans making such comments here?

AURaptor

This doesn't involve LSU in any way, so why take time out to interject yourself into the story? It was a BAMA fan (allegedly) who was yelling RT , in Aubrn, and trying to start something the night before OUR game w/ bama. Unless you're on this board to offer support that the bama punk is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent , or hoping all those injured have a speedy recovery, there's no need for your input!

It does absolutely nothing for the reputation of LSU fans ( fair or exaggerated ) to come over here and yap about stuff like this happening elsewhere, and not just in Baton Rouge. WHO CARES! It's not about you! It was a BAMA fan.

Deal with football, sharing the SEC West title ( if you beat Arky ) and getting to the SECCG.

Otheriwse, put a sock in it.

This doesn't involve LSU in any way, so why take time out to interject yourself into the story? It was a BAMA fan (allegedly) who was yelling RT , in Aubrn, and trying to start something the night before OUR game w/ bama.  Unless you're on this board to offer support that the bama punk is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent , or hoping all those injured have a speedy recovery, there's no need for your input!

It does absolutely nothing for the reputation of LSU fans ( fair or exaggerated )  to come over here and yap about stuff like this happening elsewhere, and not just in Baton Rouge. WHO CARES! It's not about you! It was a BAMA fan.

Deal with football, sharing the SEC West title ( if you beat Arky ) and getting to the SECCG.

200595[/snapback]

Speaking of all this, i truly hope that all involved DO have a speedy and full recovery, and the a**hole who did it gets caught. What i wish would cease is people saying it was a BAMA fan until it's proven. The article itself didnt' affiliate the person with either school, just said that a drunk yelled ROLL TIDE to the wrong person.

Just my opinion...

This doesn't involve LSU in any way, so why take time out to interject yourself into the story? It was a BAMA fan (allegedly) who was yelling RT , in Aubrn, and trying to start something the night before OUR game w/ bama.  Unless you're on this board to offer support that the bama punk is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent , or hoping all those injured have a speedy recovery, there's no need for your input!

It does absolutely nothing for the reputation of LSU fans ( fair or exaggerated )  to come over here and yap about stuff like this happening elsewhere, and not just in Baton Rouge. WHO CARES! It's not about you! It was a BAMA fan.

200595[/snapback]

Speaking of all this, i truly hope that all involved DO have a speedy and full recovery, and the a**hole who did it gets caught. What i wish would cease is people saying it was a BAMA fan until it's proven. The article itself didnt' affiliate the person with either school, just said that a drunk yelled ROLL TIDE to the wrong person.

Just my opinion...

200597[/snapback]

Well, I'm not saying that all Bama fans are like that. I know you can't place the blame on every Alabama fan for something that one stupid idiot that calls himself a Bama fan did, but I was there when it happened. And I can say for sure that it was a Bama fan. Every school has those fans that classless that make the news by doing something stupid. And to be honest the world would be better without these so called "fans". Well Saturday morning, it just happened to be a Bama fan that made the news.

I can't imagine any AUBURN fan, drunk or sober, yelling those two words...anytime...anywhere. :D

200595[/snapback]

Just my opinion...

200597[/snapback]

Well, I'm not saying that all Bama fans are like that. I know you can't place the blame on every Alabama fan for something that one stupid idiot that calls himself a Bama fan did, but I was there when it happened. And I can say for sure that it was a Bama fan. Every school has those fans that classless that make the news by doing something stupid. And to be honest the world would be better without these so called "fans". Well Saturday morning, it just happened to be a Bama fan that made the news.

200598[/snapback]

thanks for the insight... i mean, if someone witnessed it, then let me apologize for all BAMA FANS, and i'm not talking about the bandwagon kind. Fans like this one aren't truly fans, they are just riding a winning team. Fans represent their schools with class and dignity. Fans stick through tough time with a team, and talk about what the team could do to get better, not why we didn't do as well as we could have..

Every school's got em, just don't hold all other fans to their same standard.

...  What i wish would cease is people saying it was a BAMA fan until it's proven.  The article itself didnt' affiliate the person with either school, just said that a drunk yelled ROLL TIDE to the wrong person.

200597[/snapback]

He has a point, it is pretty difficult to prove anyone really is a BAMA fan, seeing as how they are continously jumping on and off the bandwagon; and you cannot prove it by any true affiliation with the school, like actually graduating from UAT, since most of the fans have never come close to attending a university... ;)

Just my opinion...

Thats the word from the message boards. Folks who claim they were there, or were friends w/ others who claim they were there,....we know how that goes. But common in the story that I've seen is that some degenerate loser was yelling RT in front of a fraternity house, on the eve before the :au: vs :ua: game.

Might not be true, then again, it might be true.

The pr*ck might have been a bama fan, might not have been. Doesn't matter terribly beyond the fact that he's a low life piece of sh*t that doesn't have a very fun future in store. He's clearly some nut case, and I doubt ( hope ) he's never stepped foot into any class room since he dropped out of H.S. We'll find that out, in due time.

My point was mainly that LSU fans have no dog in this fight. They shouldn't insert themselves in matters which don't affect them, except to offer support in catching this guy or prayers for those injured. I'm not ranting about bama fans here.

Just my opinion...

Thats the word from the message boards. Folks who claim they were there, or were friends w/ others who claim they were there,....we know how that goes. But common in the story that I've seen is that some degenerate loser was yelling RT in front of a fraternity house, on the eve before the :au: vs :ua: game.

Might not be true, then again, it might be true.

The pr*ck might have been a bama fan, might not have been. Doesn't matter terribly beyond the fact that he's a low life piece of sh*t that doesn't have a very fun future in store. He's clearly some nut case, and I doubt ( hope ) he's never stepped foot into any class room since he dropped out of H.S. We'll find that out, in due time.

My point was mainly that LSU fans have no dog in this fight. They shouldn't insert themselves in matters which don't affect them, except to offer support in catching this guy or prayers for those injured. I'm not ranting about bama fans here.

200610[/snapback]

i didn't think you were... i just wanted to state my opinion of the matter...

SOOOIEEEE PIG! Beat the :corndog:

200595[/snapback]

What a joke. Hey, if you find it soothing to claim a "shared" division title, then go right ahead. Hell, make a banner for your stadium and you'll be just like Ole Miss.

In the meantime, don't forget - Dec. 3, 5:00 PM CST, CBS. Catch the SEC Championship Game ... on the tube ... from your living room.

200595[/snapback]

What a joke. Hey, if you find it soothing to claim a "shared" division title, then go right ahead. Hell, make a banner for your stadium and you'll be just like Ole Miss.

In the meantime, don't forget - Dec. 3, 5:00 PM CST, CBS. Catch the SEC Championship Game ... on the tube ... from your living room.

200620[/snapback]

How is it a joke? The real joke is a few yokels from the LSU camp who are so obsessed about themselves, they have to make themselves part of a story which in no way what so ever involves them. And now you're only furthering that pathetic image. :no:

I'm well aware of Auburn having lost to LSU, in Baton Rouge, in overtime, after mssing 5 fgs. That's why the game is played. I'm also aware of Tennessee beating LSU too. Both Auburn and LSU have 1 conference loss. Both had very good years. Despite being born and raised in Atlanta, I would generally pull for LSU in the SECCG.

While it doesn't really affect me one way or the other, I'm almost tempted to root for Georgia.

P.S. Soothing or not, Auburn is Co - SEC West Div winner. That's not for Auburn to claim, but for the SEC to decide. That's how it officially plays out, as only 1 team can play in the CG as the rep. from the West.

P.P.S. I was unaware that Ole Miss had won a share of a Division title. If so, they're still the only team in the West to NOT appear in the SECCG.

200595[/snapback]

200620[/snapback]

lsu did get lucky and beat AUBURN and we congratulated you.

But tell us how it feel to be one of the TWO teams to get beat by a pisspoor TENNESSEE team.

200595[/snapback]

200620[/snapback]

Sorry, but Raptor had a point. The discussion had nothing to do with LSU, but had to throw in the LSU is innocent posts. When actually this year noone complained about LSU at all if you go back to that week.

No, I don't celebrate the shared bit (but the league sends us a trophy for it, complain to them). Think his point is, you don't have a dog in the show so deal with the rest of your season. I'm gonna have a really good chuckle if Arkansas pulls the miracle though now.

Whats even sadder is rather concern for the injured the threads turned into lame smack talk.

But tell us how it feel to be one of the TWO teams to get beat by a pisspoor TENNESSEE team.

200623[/snapback]

Let's see, how does it feel? I'd probably just have to say it feels better than 9 and 2.

200623[/snapback]

Let's see, how does it feel? I'd probably just have to say it feels better than 9 and 2.

200627[/snapback]

Sure you're not an MSU instead of an LSU? Cause you sure are a "Maroon"!

You youngsters figure that one out on your own!

:au::homer:

200623[/snapback]

200627[/snapback]

Yo Gorilla, easy boy where's the love :hug:

We both beat uat and that's the best thing

Now ya know we have to pull for :arky:

If it don't happen we showed you how to beat :uga:

Be glad you don't have to play Auburn again, cause most of the

those field goal attempts would have been touchdowns.

If Arkansas (big if) wins then come back here for :comfort:

Just my opinion but I see nothing wrong with LSU fans entering into the discussion of the subject event. We talk SEC FB here and on their board(s). Bama is one of their main rivals too. They take a lot of flak about their fans so they have every right to comment about fans from other schools as long as it's reasonable comments.

Besides, anybody who bashes a bammer slasher is a friend of

mine :cheer:

Yo Gorilla, easy boy where's the love :hug:

We both beat uat and that's the best thing

Now ya know we have to pull for  :arky:

If it don't happen we showed you how to beat  :uga:

Be glad you don't have to play Auburn again, cause most of the

those field goal attempts would have been touchdowns.

If Arkansas (big if) wins then come back here for :comfort:

200643[/snapback]

I've got plenty of love for AU, which is easily the best team we've played. And they are playing even better ball now - of course, so is LSU. I just thought the original comment about concentrating on sharing a division championship was weak. It's a petty thing to hang your hat on. Ole Miss - sure, that's all they've ever won. But unlike the Webels, Auburn has done better than a co-divisional championship in the last 40 years.

For the record, the missed field goals thing is weak too. I'm not disrespecting Auburn, they should be proud of that game, I'm just saying that acting like LSU got lucky to win it is ridiculous. I'm sure ya'll thought it was lame when LSU fans were whining about the penalty in last year's game - and it was. The missed field goals thing is the same type of deal. The fact that small things could have changed the outcome of a game means it was a close game, not that the winner was undeserving.

200620[/snapback]

And all this time, I thought I was going to get a chance to play. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

Are you and the rest of the team flying to Atlanta or taking a bus? :poke:

So, there's a problem with LSU fans commenting on something that sdoesn't involve them?

Like, AU talking about the LSU vs. Bama game?

well considering one is a college football game (LSU vs. bama), and the other is a violent crime in which 5 people's life we put in danger . .

I would say there is a HUGE difference . .wouldn't you, or are your priorities THAT out of order?

I do agree that we truly don't know if it was a "bama" fan at all. Any person (AU, bama, whatever) who wanted to pick a fight with people - just need to yell "roll tide" infront of a fraternity house late at night. I could easily see some local thug just trying to stir up crap by doing that . .so I do agree with the bama folks about that .

kind of like the UGA kid who was beaten to death at the cocktail party - it was originally assumed it was Florida fans - but it turned out the people who did it had no affiliation with either schools (or was in the other way around?)

So, there's a problem with LSU fans commenting on something that sdoesn't involve them?

Like, AU talking about the LSU vs. Bama game?

200758[/snapback]

No. Despite your very cool sig, this thread has nothing to do w/ football. If you and Gorilla don't understand that by now, then it's pointless to even comment any further.

What's the point of having a public forum where rival fans can't discuss anything unrelated to football?

You're right, this has nothing to do with football. So what difference does it make which team a fan pulls for?

Just my opinion but I see nothing wrong with LSU fans entering into the discussion of the subject event. We talk SEC FB here and on their board(s). Bama is one of their main rivals too. They take a lot of flak about their fans so they have every right to comment about fans from other schools as long as it's reasonable comments.

Besides, anybody who bashes a bammer slasher is a friend of

mine :cheer:

200661[/snapback]

Proud Tiger i recognize you as a fair minded person. When you come to Tigerforums you are reasonable and when i come here and read your post you are consistent.

On tigerforums i give Barners grief and like to joke in good natured fun. Here i try to be respectful since i am after all a guest.

I do think that LSU fans should post their opinions on this topic here and on other boards.

Auburn fans dont have to agree but they ought to listen.

These type of events are a unfortunate byproduct of drinking too much. It is the fringe element of all teams that give their fans a bad name. Did Auburn fans not comment on the LSU/Tenn Bus incident.

I hope that all involved recover and are ok. Hopefully they can catch the guy.

The problem is, if you go back and check the thread, that the first remarks by LSU fans are jokes at the expense of the injured and automatic defense of LSU's reputation when LSU was not even in question at all. No sympathy or best wishes to the injured.

If you go back to LSU week, after the game there was nothing but compliments and good times had at LSU.

I've no problem with a LSU fan discussing the issue, such as the one that made the comment about this becoming a nationwide issue and security needs to be stepped up.

There is alot of difference between discussing a football game and stabbings. Even discussing the idiot actions of fans who throw plastic cups and give the finger versus stabbing someone.

Archived