David Irons

MDM4AU

Brian Matthew was on the last hour of Finebaum today and said David Irons was trying for another year. Could someone fill me in on this? I didn't know he was considering it or why.

Because of injury, he is eligible to apply. It is up to the NCAA to approve or disapprove. He cannot apply until after the season is over. I am not sure if that would mean the regular season of after the bowl game.

had read that david suffered a season ending injury last year. might have been during fall camp. anyway he should qualify for an extra year if the ncaa approves it.

sure would like to have him back next year if possible!

David has actually missed 2 whole seasons. He was out for a year at JC with a knee injury, and he missed his first season at :au: with a torn ACL. I maybe be wrong, but I believe he has now had surgery on both ACLs.

I don't remember who, but someone on here months ago said he should have no problem getting another year. If so, our secondary will be fantastic. Replace a few linemen and a wide receiver steps up, and we have another solid run at the SEC and the BCS NC game...

(Speaking of receivers, I think Lester and Tristan should be spending all their free time next Spring catching balls; either of those guys coming out of the backfield next year on wheel routes will be a unstoppable.)

If I remember correctly, he tore his ACL on the very first day of fall camp last year. He didn't just miss the year, he missed the ENTIRE year. (Or I could be completely and totally wrong...but for some reason I think it was the first day.)

Archived