Rankings will be Interesting

TigerOne

It will be a shame if Auburn is not ranked over both UG and LSU, I think it should be clear to all poll voters that Auburn is the strongest team right now, we just beat UG at home and we slaughtered a one-loss 'Bama team, one LSU just needed OT to beat...

One important fact:

:au: 31

SEC Champs 30

...and at their home, no less!

Congrats to :uga: ...but I would have loved to see the real Tigers get another shot at 'em.

One important fact:

:au:   31

SEC Champs  30

Congrats to  :uga: ...but I would have loved to see the real Tigers get another shot at 'em.

203225[/snapback]

UGA did not deserve a 2nd shot at Auburn, Auburn tied for the SEC title with LSU at 7-1. UGA is no champs in my book. 7-2 is never better than 7-1. 10-2 in Athens since walker left, while UGA is 5-5-1 in auburn over the same time. Auburn owns UGA and the SEC. Auburn has the best SEC record this decade, a winning record vs every SEC team other than UF (1-2), yet we only have 1 SEC title, what luck the other teams get in the tie breaks and such. BS. Auburn is the real champs of the SEC yet again.

One important fact:

:au:   31

SEC Champs  30

Congrats to  :uga: ...but I would have loved to see the real Tigers get another shot at 'em.

203225[/snapback]

UGA did not deserve a 2nd shot at Auburn, Auburn tied for the SEC title with LSU at 7-1. UGA is no champs in my book. 7-2 is never better than 7-1. 10-2 in Athens since walker left, while UGA is 5-5-1 in auburn over the same time. Auburn owns UGA and the SEC. Auburn has the best SEC record this decade, a winning record vs every SEC team other than UF (1-2), yet we only have 1 SEC title, what luck the other teams get in the tie breaks and such. BS. Auburn is the real champs of the SEC yet again.

203228[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

We lost to LSWho. As much as it sucks, its the truth. We didn't play in Atlanta. To be SEC Champs you have to play in Atlanta and win. Come on people, this is Auburn not Bama.

Props to UGA for doing what they needed to do to win the SEC Championship.

War Damn Eagle

I think we stay ahead of UGA and LSU. Also everyone better be watching the ACC Championship game. FSU is up 17-3 on Va Tech. If FSU hangs on and wins. That is #4 and #5 in the BCS beaten today vaulting Auburn to the #8 spot in the BCS.?? It will be interesting to see how the BCS will shake out with LSU losing and possibly Va Tech.

Current BCS standings

USC .9861

Texas .9737

Penn St .8990

LSU .8487

Va Tech .8337

Ohio St .7971

Oregon .7453

ND .6944

Miami .6609

Auburn .6385

Now, what will be interesting to see is how the computers and human voters rank UGA, LSU, Va Tech after these games.

I think we stay ahead of UGA and LSU.  Also everyone better be watching the ACC Championship game.  FSU is up 17-3 on Va Tech.  If FSU hangs on and wins.  That is #4 and #5 in the BCS beaten today vaulting Auburn to the #8 spot in the BCS.??  It will be interesting to see how the BCS will shake out with LSU losing and possibly Va Tech.

Current BCS standings

USC .9861

Texas  .9737

Penn St  .8990

LSU  .8487

Va Tech  .8337

Ohio St  .7971

Oregon  .7453

ND .6944

Miami  .6609

Auburn  .6385

Now, what will be interesting to see is how the computers and human voters rank UGA, LSU, Va Tech after these games.

203233[/snapback]

Sure AU moves up. But UGA goes to the Sugar instead of LSU and FSU is ACC champ instead of Va Tech. Nothing really opens up, does it?

I think that we move up to #7. LSU got drilled. VT is getting killed by an unranked team.

203234[/snapback]

We are currently #10..who else do you think we'll pass? Miami?

I think that we move up to #7. LSU got drilled. VT is getting killed by an unranked team.

203234[/snapback]

Yea FSU is Killing the Number 5 VT so that should make US MOVE on UP :cheer::cheer:

WDE!!!!

Sure AU moves up. But UGA goes to the Sugar instead of LSU and FSU is ACC champ instead of Va Tech. Nothing really opens up, does it?

Nah, I think that it will be FSU-PSU in the Geriatric (Orange) Bowl

and OSU-ND in the Fiesta. Still hope that Oregon will be picked so we can play OSU in Orlando.

I think Playing OSU would be better for us than playing the Cheese heads Wisconsin

Guest Tigrinum Major
One important fact:

:au:    31

SEC Champs   30

203225[/snapback]

203228[/snapback]

Wow.

We are not the SEC Champs. We possibly would be but for a voodoo filled night in Tiger Stadium. (I was there, I saw the witch doctors!)

We have a lot to be proud of with this team, but to even suggest that we are somehow justified in "claiming" a title that UGA won on the field sounds like something someone from West Alabama would do. Please rethink your position on this so you won't sound like a dirt road alumni of West Alabama School for the Chronically Whiny.

I'll settle for my belief that we have a heck of a team and a very good shot at the title next year.

IF the BCS heads did it right it would go like this...

Rose Bowl (Obvious)

Texas v. USC

Orange Bowl

FSU v. WVU

Sugar Bowl

UGA v. Oregon/Ohio St

Fiesta Bowl

Penn St v. ND

I think b/c of the contract ND gets the Fiesta no matter what. They would have to forego some of conference links, like Big 10 to Orange. But, better games would be generated. Actually, should put PSU v. Oregon (battle of one loss) and UGA v. ND (battle of two loss). THEN we would get Ohio St in the Cap One.

Now, what have we learned from watching the BCS this year???? Everyone should drop out of conference play, schedule one or two big games per year, strike a deal with the BCS and have 15 BCS bowls so everyone with 9 wins gets a lock.

One important fact:

SEC Champs   30

203225[/snapback]

203228[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

We lost to LSWho. As much as it sucks, its the truth. We didn't play in Atlanta. To be SEC Champs you have to play in Atlanta and win. Come on people, this is Auburn not Bama.

Props to UGA for doing what they needed to do to win the SEC Championship.

War Damn Eagle

203229[/snapback]

BigSammyK....good response. My thoughts exactly.

One important fact:

SEC Champs   30

203225[/snapback]

203228[/snapback]

Nope...UGA is the REAL Champs...they did what they needed to do, and we didn't. On the other hand...we ARE probably the best team in the league right now.

:au::homer:

Now, what have we learned from watching the BCS this year????  Everyone should drop out of conference play, schedule one or two big games per year, strike a deal with the BCS and have 15 BCS bowls so everyone with 9 wins gets a lock.

203254[/snapback]

AMEN, TF...or just change our name to "Notre (Children of the) Damned"!!!

:au::homer:

Archived