Recruiting Tebow

DKW 86

Link

Tebow added a ten yard run in the third quarter to make the score 17-0. During the third quarter, Meyer, Florida defensive coordinator Greg Mattison, and secondary coach Chuck Heater made their way from the sidelines to the seats where Tebow’s parents and Florida safety Kyle Jackson were comfortably sitting. It was almost comical to watch three Alabama assistants turn and eye the coaches until they made their way through the crowd and met the Tebow family. They continued to turn and look up in the stands.

The fourth quarter saw Tebow hit Daunte Owens with a screen pass that he took 31 yards to paydirt. The Panthers led 31-8.

It would be the final home game in the legendary prep career of Tim Tebow.

Tebow’s gridiron farewell played out like Elvis’ return or the Beatles arrival in the states. Five students braved the chilly temperatures by painting a letter on their body in Orange and Blue paint, spelling out Tebow. They got the attention of the fans, Florida Coach Urban Meyer, and Tebow himself, who was certainly aware of their game attire. Florida fans also adorned the stadium crowd with signs that read, “Gator Nation needs you” and “Are you 1% of the 1%?” The Gator Nation sign was complete with a Gator head logo.

There were a few Alabama fans sprinkled about. Obviously, with the home state Gators dominating the landscape, they were clearly outnumbered by those wearing the Orange and Blue. Fellow All-American C.J. Spiller of Union County was in attendance, and Tebow reportedly greeted him as the Panthers were preparing to take the field.

Link
Tebow added a ten yard run in the third quarter to make the score 17-0. During the third quarter, Meyer, Florida defensive coordinator Greg Mattison, and secondary coach Chuck Heater made their way from the sidelines to the seats where Tebow’s parents and Florida safety Kyle Jackson were comfortably sitting. It was almost comical to watch three Alabama assistants turn and eye the coaches until they made their way through the crowd and met the Tebow family. They continued to turn and look up in the stands.

The fourth quarter saw Tebow hit Daunte Owens with a screen pass that he took 31 yards to paydirt. The Panthers led 31-8.

It would be the final home game in the legendary prep career of Tim Tebow.

Tebow’s gridiron farewell played out like Elvis’ return or the Beatles arrival in the states. Five students braved the chilly temperatures by painting a letter on their body in Orange and Blue paint, spelling out Tebow. They got the attention of the fans, Florida Coach Urban Meyer, and Tebow himself, who was certainly aware of their game attire. Florida fans also adorned the stadium crowd with signs that read, “Gator Nation needs you” and “Are you 1% of the 1%?” The Gator Nation sign was complete with a Gator head logo.

There were a few Alabama fans sprinkled about. Obviously, with the home state Gators dominating the landscape, they were clearly outnumbered by those wearing the Orange and Blue. Fellow All-American C.J. Spiller of Union County was in attendance, and Tebow reportedly greeted him as the Panthers were preparing to take the field.

203733[/snapback]

"There were a few Alabama fans sprinkled about. ....they were clearly outnumbered by those wearing the Orange and Blue."

Aren't they always???!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:au::homer:

So how many stars is Smelley going to instantly gain in ten days when Tebow picks UF and Smelley becomes UAT's golden child?

[unless, of course, the Ol' Ball Coach has already snagged Smelley away from them before then. :rolleyes: ]

i don't understand why tebow would consider going to bama anyway considering their record for taking highly touted prep qb's and turning them into mediocre qb's by surrounding them with poor coaching, sorry wide recievers, and a weak o-line.

Smelley started the year off as a 2 or 3 star kid (can't remember) abut NOW he's a 4 star....interesting....

Smelley started the year off as a 2 or 3 star kid (can't remember) abut NOW he's a 4 star....interesting....

203864[/snapback]

In fairness, I can understand a prospect's ratings going up over the course of a whole senior year if he has a great year (I haven't followed Smelley to know what his year was like.) There's no reason except bias for a recruit's rating to change after the season is over though, or because his competition signs somewhere, should that happen.

203864[/snapback]

In fairness, I can understand a prospect's ratings going up over the course of a whole senior year if he has a great year (I haven't followed Smelley to know what his year was like.) There's no reason except bias for a recruit's rating to change after the season is over though, or because his competition signs somewhere, should that happen.

203868[/snapback]

Happens all the time....Caudle was dropped to 4 stars after committing and Caddy was also dropped to as low as 3 stars (or 4 stars, forgot the number) after committing to AU as well.

Sense the bias?

He's gone from an average QB to being ranked #9 behind Neil Caudle???? He good a good year, but he's no more than he has the last couple of years....I wonder if the interest from Spurrier and a couple of other schools has anything to do with his sudden rise.....Which is crap...how does the attention affect his skills...just goes to show that it's a popularity contest for some of these rankings

203864[/snapback]

203868[/snapback]

Happens all the time....Caudle was dropped to 4 stars after committing and Caddy was also dropped to as low as 3 stars (or 4 stars, forgot the number) after committing to AU as well.

Sense the bias?

203897[/snapback]

Yep...exactly the reason I brought it up in the first place.

Funny how some of the same people that consistent claim to out-do us in recruiting keep getting beat by our "inferior" talent. Also strange how some supporters of a school in West Alabama can brag about how they've signed better classes than us the last 2-3 years one day, yet turn around cry about how much damage sanctions did to their recruiting the next.

Oh well, as long as Tommy Tuberville keeps beating the Bama's & Tennessee's (and LSU as often as not) on the field with what they consider inferior recruiting classes, it just adds to their frustration. Forget counting stars and just enjoy their agony! :big:

I don't understand why Bammer's go crazy when they "dominate" instate recruiting and therefore think they will beat Auburn the following fall. Last time I checked Alabama isn't exactly on par with Texas and Florida for sheer number of Div. 1-A prospects. Tubby does a good job with the "inferior" kids from Florida, Georgia and Louisiana compared to the Tide's homegrown kids. I love how whenever I read tidefans.com and Tebow is mentioned and who is recruiting him and Bama isn't mentioned, they go into a full on hissy fit. Why would Tebow wanna play qb at Bama, name one qb in the NFL right now that played at Alabama. Shula is gonna be bashed if he lets Tebow and Smelley get away, which could very well happen.

Why would ANY qb want to sign up to be the next tackling dummy for the AU Defense? :D:poke:

Why would ANY qb want to sign up to be the next tackling dummy for the AU Defense? :D  :poke:

204226[/snapback]

Now THAT...is a darned fine question!!! ;)

:au::homer:

Tebow was just interviewed by Finebaum. He did not tip his hand as to which school he would commit to. It was obvious that Finebaum was pushing a little toward the tide.

Cut to the chase;

If you are a super human QB which coach would you want to play for?

Spurrier

Tuberville

Meyer

Carroll

Shula

203871[/snapback]

Spurrier...not even a question about it. Only drawbacks are SC's new lack of scholarships and the fact that they already have a somewhat-decent starting QB in Blake Mitchell.

I think SC will be a powerhouse in a few years...UGA better watch their backs.

Cut to the chase;

If you are a super human QB which coach would you want to play for?

Spurrier

Tuberville

Meyer

Carroll

Shula

203871[/snapback]

Spurrier...not even a question about it. Only drawbacks are SC's new lack of scholarships and the fact that they already have a somewhat-decent starting QB in Blake Mitchell.

204321[/snapback]

If I were a super human qb, I would want to play for Charlie Weiss. If my choices were only as shown in that post, it would be Carroll.

1. Spurrier has a "system" qb and we all know that Spurrier didn't work in the NFL.

2. Tuberville only has one qb in the NFL, who did go first round but hasn't done anything.

3. Meyer's boy Smith hasn't done anything.

4. Shula hasn't put any qb's in the draft and didn't do a good job as qb's coach or OC in the NFL.

5. That leaves Carroll. Obviously, he's the one that started the Patriots in the direction of success, so he knows how to win in the NFL. And, he's got a starter in Carson Palmer and an upcoming first round pick in Leinhart. I'd say he's the best choice.

Now, Tebow has the talent to do well anywhere he goes. The experts say it's down to UF/Bama. His parents are UF fans, his sister(and brother, I believe) already attend UF, and he's grown up a HUGE UF fan. As much I would love for Tebow to come to Bama, I'd say he's UF bound. Plus, I know if I grew up a Bama fan, win or lose, I'd play for Bama over any other team. JMO.

Spurrier...not even a question about it.  Only drawbacks are SC's new lack of scholarships and the fact that they already have a somewhat-decent starting QB in Blake Mitchell.

If Spurrier wants to be a "powerhouse", he better get off his ass recruiting wise.

He is being beat by UGA, CU, and many others in his own state and around the country.

Will he end up with a solid class? I think so. Maybe Top 25.

He may end up getting the Clausen kid too which would be huge...but powerhouse? I don't see it.

He may beat us next year, He may beat us the next 2 years, but my definition of SC being a powerhouse would mean USC winning the East 2 of 3 years or 3 of 4 years and with UT/UF...i dont see it happening

Do you guys realize that just 6-8 weeks ago, on ESPN interview, Tebow didnt even mention Alabama? They werent even in his top 6 named programs. Wonder what happened... ;)

My cousin is an :ua: committment and he says they are promising him (Tebow) the world...meaning immediate playing time and no other QB being offered (hince the reason they havne't been pursuing Smelley) and that has gotten his attention...plus whatever else comes along... :o

Our local sports talk guy, Phil Paramore, almost made me run off the road this morning due to uncontrolled laughter. A caller said that the linebacker Bama coveted, Travipian...Travoriator...uh,...dang, Toreeoeoeo Smith, committed to Notre Lame last night on Countdown.

Paramore said, "Yea, and he instantly went from the top linebacker in the nation to a 2 star, we really didn't need him, mediocre linebacker." (Para.)

:D:roflol:

Our local sports talk guy, Phil Paramore, almost made me run off the road this morning due to uncontrolled laughter.  A caller said that the linebacker Bama coveted, Travipian...Travoriator...uh,...dang, Toreeoeoeo Smith, committed to Notre Lame last night on Countdown.

Paramore said, "Yea, and he instantly went from the top linebacker in the nation to a 2 star, we really didn't need him, mediocre linebacker." (Para.)

:D  :roflol:

204387[/snapback]

Smith did the old hat trick in making his announcement. he first pulled out a bama hat and was about to put it on. Then he said "nah, it don't fit" and put on the ND hat. Guess these kids think that's funny but I don't.

Another side note, Tebow has moved up his announcement two days and will now do it on next Tuesday at 4pm on ESPN.

I couldn't agree more, Proud. I'm sure there are those that disagree, but I think the ole hat trick is classless and there's no reason except to disrespect a certain school. Think about it. These schools have recruited this kid for months, sometimes years. He's been telling the world it comes down to a tough choice between 2-3 schools. Now he's made his decision and he basically tells the schools that don't get him, "YOU GOT PUNKED".

I've seen it happen to Auburn on that show last year and wasn't there a stud QB that chose Tennessee a few years ago and came out in an Auburn hat to make his announcement, then took it off and either put on a UT hat or had a UT jersey on or something?

What's the point? Have some class and simply tell us where you're going to play without all the fanfare and screwing around.

With all the Tebow talk, nothing on Auburn's so far #7 ranked class.

Smelley(sp) will announe Sunday, South Carolina may have him

Portis is leaving Florida, could open the door for Tebow?

Meanwhile Auburn continues to build solid players in every position.

How does all this make Sarah Jessica Parker feel?

What were the promises made?

Wasn't he the next Heisman winner (first at uat)?

As far as what uat has to offer Tebow, it is rumored that he and Shula "really hit it off". I trust the kid will look past such and get real on what's best for him, as far as progress and development. With an 18-year-old . . . I dunno'.

Is Brodie a better QB now than he was when he signed? I don't see any real change.

Again I must ask the question: "Why would ANY qb that saw the Iron Bowl want to stand in the pocket behind THAT "o-line" and get pounded?" ;)

Archived