USC -TEXAS rooting for chizik?

gabe_96

Just say NO to Three Pete!

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

204496[/snapback]

My instincts tell me to pull hard for Texas because I am sick of they lovefest we have to endure on television week in and week out.

Then there's the other side of it. Should the Trojans win, there's one more thing that the exalted Bahr couldn't do. Three straight. They refuse to accept either Bowden or Paterno's record. They still refer to Bryant as "the winningest coach of all time" As much as the sight of Pete Carroll makes me want to vomit, punch a wall and then vomit again, the thought of one more chunk of the Bahr mystique crumbling gives me pause.

I guess I will be disgusted and simultaneously happy no matter who wins. That's really how I feel about it altogether. Could really care less either way. I'm not convinced either team is the country's best. If Texas and USC played in the SEC, neither would be undefeated. We all know that. So what does that truly mean?

204515[/snapback]

I, in no way, see how a USC win "crumbles the mystique of Bear". None. This, no offense, is the dumbest reason to pull for or against a team I have ever heard...

I know that Alabama fans won't let Bear's legend die...BUT NEITHER WILL SOME AUBURN FANS!!!! Guys, get over it...Alabama has a good tradition and they had a great coach. Let them and them alone talk about it, because every time we mention it, it adds fuel to a fire that is already burning WAY to bright!!!

I despise Texas and their fans... they are JUST like bammers. I can't stand to be around them. And my office is full of them.

HOWEVER...

The single most obnoxious fan in my office is a USC fan. He makes some bammers I know look like slackers. I WANT USC TO GET THEIR ASSES KICKED BY TEXAS. That will make me happier than anything else I can think of right now. I already have a plan - I am going to take one of Katie's Easter eggs and glue sequins on it and give it to him the next day to take the place of the egg his team could have had but LOST.

And hell, yeah, if they win, it's a REPEAT. How many eggs do they have?? ONE. So unless they get two this year if they win, then it's a REPEAT.

I am SO FREAKING SICK of the 24/7 media attention on Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush. They are not the second coming of anything. Play a real conference schedule and then come talk to me. They are a prime example of a Media Monster. They make me want to puke.

"Breaking News! Matt Lienart just passed gas!! To report on how it was the FRICKING GREATEST FART EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! by an overrated college quarterback who will most likely flop on his ass in the NFL, AND to get a breakdown on the actual smell and duration, here's our roving reporter Barbie Bimbo!!"

Please. :puke:

It's not pulling for Chizik or Texas to win. It's about rabidly pulling for USC to LOSE and LOSE BIG!!!

hook em horns.

well I must say that I've really never had major problems with Texas and have sort of kind of liked them over the years....does that mean I am not sick of hearing how wonderful they are this year?? no, but honestly, I would hope that anyone would beat USC just to get the media to quit talking about them being the greatest team ever....it's funny that supposedly the best team they played all year was Fresno State and didn't Fresno State lose to LA Tech??? so if that says anything about the strength of their schedule then hopefully Texas can beat them....Vince Young is fun to watch, so I'll be tuning in to watch him run all over the place and throw all over the place against the trojans and also I hope that the 3rd time facing USC will be the charm for Chizik (but only because I want USC to lose, not because I want it for Chizik because I think he pulled a fast one last season just jumping ship to a similar program like he did for the same position (with the asst. head coach attached to it).....) so anyways, I hope the horns stomp USC into the ground.

The only...ONLY solace I get from the Texas-USC game is that one of them will go home with their tail between their legs. I feel the same way about the Cotton Bowl.

PT is right...Texas and Alabama are eerily similar in terms of arrogance and sense of entitlement.

When it comes down to it, I'll hope USC wins because I cannot stomach the thought of Texas winning a title in football and baseball within a calendar year.

I cannot stomach the thought of Texas winning a title in football and baseball within a calendar year.

204655[/snapback]

Yeah, and their basketball team doesn't exactly suck this year either... :no:

They are a bammer doppleganger... but at least they aren't USC...

i am pulling for USC because of that damn gene chizik.....ya'll can just love up on the SOB all you want to,he left AU because he thought AU wasn't good enough......piss on chizik and i hope USC scores at least 50 on em'

204550[/snapback]

If thats what you think....well, good for you. Chizik left on his own accord, and it had nothing to do with the fact that AU wasn't good enough. The year he left there was only one team out of over 100 teams that were ranked higher than us. Being in the top 2 is no signature of AU not being good enough, its just the opposite.

Most say Chizik had internal problems with Tuberville after the last couple of games....who knows to say the least....but your reasoning is probably last on the list of reasons why he left.

Im rooting for Texas....this USC lovefest has got to stop.

Well I transferred to Texas from AU, so naturally I am rooting for UT.

That being said, I am only really a Texas fan by default. The games are hardly exciting (are any blowouts against 3rd rate teams exciting?), there is hardly any gameday atmosphere and due to geography, the tailgating experience lacks heavily. I guess it'd be acceptable if you just didn't know any better. For example, try to imagine how fun a football game can be without shakers!! My friends have gotten used to blowouts, and to them, any close game vs. anybody is considered a "bad game".

However, I am a Longhorn and my disapointment in the football experience far far outweighs my hatred of the USC media dolls, so HOOK 'EM!

204496[/snapback]

My instincts tell me to pull hard for Texas because I am sick of they lovefest we have to endure on television week in and week out.

Then there's the other side of it. Should the Trojans win, there's one more thing that the exalted Bahr couldn't do. Three straight. They refuse to accept either Bowden or Paterno's record. They still refer to Bryant as "the winningest coach of all time" As much as the sight of Pete Carroll makes me want to vomit, punch a wall and then vomit again, the thought of one more chunk of the Bahr mystique crumbling gives me pause.

I guess I will be disgusted and simultaneously happy no matter who wins. That's really how I feel about it altogether. Could really care less either way. I'm not convinced either team is the country's best. If Texas and USC played in the SEC, neither would be undefeated. We all know that. So what does that truly mean?

204515[/snapback]

I, in no way, see how a USC win "crumbles the mystique of Bear". None. This, no offense, is the dumbest reason to pull for or against a team I have ever heard...

I know that Alabama fans won't let Bear's legend die...BUT NEITHER WILL SOME AUBURN FANS!!!! Guys, get over it...Alabama has a good tradition and they had a great coach. Let them and them alone talk about it, because every time we mention it, it adds fuel to a fire that is already burning WAY to bright!!!

204590[/snapback]

I live among them and can tell you with no uncertainty whatsoever that many ARE concerned with this USC team overshadowing the great bammer dynasty that never won three in a row.

Although I've yet to figure out why they don't just claim three in a row anyway. Just as valid as five of the 12 they claim anyway.

<One leg after the other, Trey slips on his flame suit>

I'm sure I'm in the VVVAAASSSTT minority here, but I don't want any teams tying or breaking Alabama's records (Besides AU one day, of course.) Especially not SC. As much as I hate UAT, I hate anything remotely associated with California just as much. I'd rather the records be held by a team from the South, in the state I'm from, than a team from the Republic of Kalifornia. Right now, the records may be held by a bunch of smelly, loud mouthed, ignorant, inbred hicks :poke: but they are OUR smelly, loud mouthed, ignorant, inbred hicks. Sort of like pulling for the SEC in bowl games, I kind of like the fact that UA and the Bahr were better than any teams from Yankee Land or the West Coast.

<Checks to make sure flame suit is in good shape, prepares for :flame: >

:nanner::au::nanner:

Well I transferred to Texas from AU, so naturally I am rooting for UT.

That being said, I am only really a Texas fan by default. The games are hardly exciting (are any blowouts against 3rd rate teams exciting?), there is hardly any gameday atmosphere and due to geography, the tailgating experience lacks heavily. I guess it'd be acceptable if you just didn't know any better. For example, try to imagine how fun a football game can be without shakers!! My friends have gotten used to blowouts, and to them, any close game vs. anybody is considered a "bad game".

However, I am a Longhorn and my disapointment in the football experience far far outweighs my hatred of the USC media dolls, so HOOK 'EM!

204685[/snapback]

I went the other way lol, Texas to Auburn.

You are correct about the experience. I enjoy the Auburn gameday experience better than Austins. But the experiences at a majority of the SEC schools is far above that of the Big 12 (been to Austin, OU/UT Dallas, Aggy, Norman, OSU, Colorado).

HOOK 'EM!

I laugh when I read this thread. The original question was basicly who you want to win the USS-Texas game. While we say we are open to people expressing their opinions here, some have been chastised for the reason they expressed for their choice. Maybe instead of asking questions we should just do polls. :big:

I have to say that I think a USC loss will get as much if not more attention than a Texas win. Immediately after the game they'll give TX their moment in the spotlight but it will be overshadowed by the darlings of Leinert, Bush, etc. and how they didn't win it all this year. Then at the beginning of next season it will all be about can USC rebound from their MNCCG game loss and continue their dynasty.... blah blah blah.

As far as who I am going for in this game, both schools and their fans remind me of UAT and so therefore I care for neither but will pull for TX because of AU's tie to them. War Damn Chizik.

If justice were served, USC would be defeated, by Notre Dame. Except for the "Bush Push" on Leinart--compounded by a slow whistle--someone else would be playing Texas.

Still, it's a tough call. I dislike 'em both. I can stomach Mack more than I can Pete, I think.

Want a comparison school for Alabama it is Oklahoma in several ways.

204797[/snapback]

Maybe it's because I'm a student, but can someone inform me how UT compares to UA? The only thing I could see is that we do have some fans who never ever attended UT (but what do you expect when the school has 50,000 people? I have several friends who don't go here but root for UT only because I'm here.) However, I can definately see the comparison between OU and UA. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall there being any "Texas: The program" or whatever crap that OU had on espn.com last season.

Want a comparison school for Alabama it is Oklahoma in several ways.

204797[/snapback]

Maybe it's because I'm a student, but can someone inform me how UT compares to UA? The only thing I could see is that we do have some fans who never ever attended UT (but what do you expect when the school has 50,000 people? I have several friends who don't go here but root for UT only because I'm here.) However, I can definately see the comparison between OU and UA. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall there being any "Texas: The program" or whatever crap that OU had on espn.com last season.

204809[/snapback]

My perception, right or wrong is:

1. I agree that OK is the bama of Oklahoma and OK. State is more like Auburn.

2. In Texas. UT is clearly the bama of Texas and Texas A&M is the equivalent of Auburn (although that is changing with time).

This is just based on my impressions and limited contact with fans of all these schools. The only one I have any personal experience with is OK where I did some graduate work.

i am pulling for USC because of that damn gene chizik.....ya'll can just love up on the SOB all you want to,he left AU because he thought AU wasn't good enough......piss on chizik and i hope USC scores at least 50 on em'

204550[/snapback]

TB, that pretty well sums up my feelings on it. I love your straightforward appoach to it too! :thumbsup:

:au::homer:

204496[/snapback]

204515[/snapback]

204590[/snapback]

GREAT COACH???!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Now THAT's FUNNY!!!

:au::homer:

Like it or not, chizk made a smart career move last year....texas gets way more publicity than auburn and he knew texas had the talent to be national champs if they had better coaching....9 months later he is the dc of his 2nd straight undefeated football team heading into the dream bcs game that he could get in at auburn...not to mention he got a raise that was bigger than many peoples salary...not chump change...and if he shuts down lienert bush and pete carrol he is goign to be talked about on national tv quite a bit...he will get a good deal of the credit....this is his golden career making opportunity coming up in three weeks...I hope it works....because if it doesn't then it just looks like mediocre coaches quit jobs at auburn...and I'd rather that not be the case

Egad, that is a revolting image.

Texas and Alabama are two peas in a pod when it comes to arrogance, founded or unfounded. Both schools have a large and uninformed "sidewalk alumnus" contingent that is absolutely insufferable for the most part...but even these two groups are better than Texas Tech, but I digress.

Since a swarm of locusts isn't going to congregate at the Rose Bowl and render the game unplayable, I guess one of these teams is going to have to win...bleah.

Archived