USC -TEXAS rooting for chizik?

gabe_96

ok so the BCS sux...but I do want to see the Texas USC game...as a football fan you have to admit it is interesting. Can Chizik and a the revamped Texas defense finally contain USC...Chizik faced USC in the auburn opener for two straight years and the defense did a rather decent job...stat tiger might be able to help, but I bet those two games were way below the USC average for points scored....so that would lead me to believe this game won't be a repeat of the Oklahoma blowout....I haven't heard the media talk about that angle at all, but if they knew footbal they might consider it...In general I think it is good for auburn if chizik gets a big part of the credit for the Texas breakthrough this year...it would help tubbs mojo factor IMO. so for those reason I am rooting for chizik to slay the evil empire...i really don't like pete carrol, and now that Norm Chow is gone I am eagerly awaiting the USC decline after leniert leaves....not that USC will suck but hopefully they will sink down to the 1-2 loss territory for the next few years.

Mack brown is too conventional to evr dominate year after year so when Chizik and V young leave it should be auburn's turnt o take its palce as the dominat program inthe country...we are closer now than ever...would be fun to watch.

I heard pete caroll on the radio say that he thought USC would score just as many points in the SEC as they do the Pac 10...while he does have the arkansas blowout to point to and back up his point....it soudned cocky and a little unrealistic coming out of his fat mouth..I'd love love lvoe to see anybody beat his team about now....and since chris simms isn't the UT QB I guess I can root for them now...plus I understand my brother is becoming afan after living in austin 10 years now....I think it is his 2nd favorite team,

War Eagle!

I don't care who the DC is, and I really don't care who the opponent is. All I want is for USC to lose. Not that it will stop the media from loving them. In fact if they do lose it will probably make it worse. Crap. Can't win either way.

I am with you all. I am just so cotton pickin' sick of hearing and seeing nothing but USC this, USC that, Bush this, Leinart that. I am with tarheel, I am really anxious to see how USC does against a top tier defense. Of course, Fresno St. had the best D of any team USC faced and USC scored 48 on them. But I think the speed and talent level from Fresno St to Texas is a little better. I think Texas has just enough D to hold them the few times needed to win. I don't think USC has the D to hold the Texas O in check.

Texas 45

USC 41

USC's Defense ALWAYS seems to show up for the REALLY big games. If they do here, UT is toast and then some.

Their d may pull an Auburn Iron Bowl deal on them. Everyone overlooked our D and it pi$$ed em off just a little.

Just say NO to Three Pete!

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

204496[/snapback]

LSU was the BCS champion in 2003. USC is going for a repeat.

Gene Chizik

:cheer:

204484[/snapback]

Are the two of you married or what?

204494[/snapback]

No, I'm already married. Don't fret, I'm sure that there are other available men out there for you.

;)

The USC showed up last year...this year they sucked agaisnt Notre Dame and they sucked against Fresno State...Auburn could kepp fresno state under ten points with terry bowden as the defensive coordinator....seriously, when USC lost there stud D linemen last year it it hurt them. I think Texas is a far better team than Notre Dame is talent wise....and I look for the texas D to make some critical stops to hold USC off...USC has not faced a defense that fast or strong...there will be a gameplan to stop the running game and they'll rough up some of Lienerts receivers, they'll hit leinert int he mouth harder than he has been hit this season and chizik will be looking to find the junior rosegreen on their team who can knock a receiver out.....when that happens USC will lose.

Just say NO to Three Pete!

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

204496[/snapback]

My instincts tell me to pull hard for Texas because I am sick of they lovefest we have to endure on television week in and week out.

Then there's the other side of it. Should the Trojans win, there's one more thing that the exalted Bahr couldn't do. Three straight. They refuse to accept either Bowden or Paterno's record. They still refer to Bryant as "the winningest coach of all time" As much as the sight of Pete Carroll makes me want to vomit, punch a wall and then vomit again, the thought of one more chunk of the Bahr mystique crumbling gives me pause.

I guess I will be disgusted and simultaneously happy no matter who wins. That's really how I feel about it altogether. Could really care less either way. I'm not convinced either team is the country's best. If Texas and USC played in the SEC, neither would be undefeated. We all know that. So what does that truly mean?

I too am tired of USC and all their 'darling' players. I want USC to lose more than anyone, but I have also gone sour on the Big XII.

Southern Cal has a good front 7 which will make V. Young throw to win much like OSU did. State's secondary is much better than USC's. Still, Pete will opt for a pressure defense to help out his DBs.

This may be the game that Norm Chow may be missed the most. With Chow you didn't really know what you would see, but with the co-heads your going to see a run oriented offense with a vertical passing game. We shall see how the co-heads change when Chizik loads the box and locks up on the outside.

Special teams should have a major say in this one. Hook 'em Horns!

i am pulling for USC because of that damn gene chizik.....ya'll can just love up on the SOB all you want to,he left AU because he thought AU wasn't good enough......piss on chizik and i hope USC scores at least 50 on em'

I hope that after MULTITUDES of overtime periods the NCAA finally steps in and re-institutes ties and it ends that way.

USC - 2

UT - 2

If you are gonna dream...... dream BIG.

I am a Gene Chizik fan. Yeah, he left Auburn, but he was one HELL of a DC. He gave us 3 of our 4 straigh Iron Bowl wins, mind you. The first of 3 was ALL defense (and Tre Smith). Don't forget 13-0 was due LARGELY in part to him. He felt that Tuberville's tutelage wouldn't land him a head coaching job soon enough, so he left. So be it. That doesn't erase his impact on Auburn.

I am not a fan of either Texas or USC. Both have to many characteristics of the school over at West Vance. So I will just sit back and watch. But I know deep down that I hope USC wins. They may get a lot of media attention alright but that's because they work hard at it. We should take lessons.

UT is just too much the bama of Texas for me to pull for them.

But if they win, USC won't three-peat in any one poll. They won the AP two years ago and the BSC last year. But like bama, they can claim the poll they like and say they are three-peats for the MNC. :D

USC...can't stand Mack Brown. USC has all the attention anyway...so let em keep it, and let's just ban the big12 from ever playing in a championship game again. A huge loss by Texas would just about git er done!!! :)

:au::homer:

Not really a fan of either team. Like everyone else I'm tired of hearing about USC and all the media attention. I also don't like that Chizik left AU for Texas. If he had gone on to a head coaching job, fine. I would have said congratulations, thanks for your work at Auburn and good luck. Leaving us to go to be coordinator at Texas sucked.

BUT, when I was in Vegas six months ago Texas odds were 13-1 on TX winning the BCS, so I made a little wager, and I'm hoping to cash that puppy in, so come the Rose Bowl, I say: HOOK 'EM HORNS!!

this isn't a three peat. i'd just like to get that straight. i'm sure our resident corndogs will agree. you can't go around praising the bcs and talking about what a great system it is to give us a game like this and still say usc is a repeat champ. they didn't get the "national championship" in 2003. they didn't. no matter how you slice it. three time ap champ? possibly. but lsu has the mythical national title trophy for 2003 down in baton rouge.

second, i'm not a chizik guy. i love what he did here. i think he's one of the best coaches in the country, but i have feelings too. when i look at him in texas garb, i can't shake the feeling that i just got ditched at the dance for a fellow cheerleader. you know someone just like me, but the guy that brought me found out i didn't put out or something so he went to the other girl that just might. so i can't cheer for him.

i think my best outcome would be a solid 50 point showing for usc... bested by a 55 point outing by the longhorns. that way chizik looks like a chump, and i never have to see "three-pete" in print ever again. can't say i'd be upset to see geno lose though.

Archived