SEC Bowl picks ( Part I )

StatTiger

Once again, based on scoring margins:

Cotton Bowl ( Alabama vs. Texas Tech ):

Alabama +1 on offense and -12 on defense with an average score of 22-11.

Texas Tech is +8 on offense and -5 on defense with an average score of 33-23 against D1 opponents.

Alabama 24-21

Texas Tech 19 Alabama 17

Average Score: Alabama 21 Texas Tech 20

Sugar Bowl ( Georgia vs. West Virginia ):

Georgia is +6 on offense and -10 on defefense, with an average score of 29-15.

W.Virginia is +8 on offense and -9 on defense, with an average score of 31-17.

West Virginia 23-20

West Virginia 23-21

Average Score: West Virginia 23 Georgia 21

More to come...

:au::football::cheer:

Once again, based on scoring margins:

Cotton Bowl ( Alabama vs. Texas Tech ):

Alabama +1 on offense and -12 on defense with an average score of 22-11.

Texas Tech is +8 on offense and -5 on defense with an average score of 33-23 against D1 opponents.

Alabama 24-21

Texas Tech 19 Alabama 17

Average Score: Alabama 21 Texas Tech 20

Sugar Bowl ( Georgia vs. West Virginia ):

Georgia is +6 on offense and -10 on defefense, with an average score of 29-15.

W.Virginia is +8 on offense and -9 on defense, with an average score of 31-17.

West Virginia 23-20

West Virginia 23-21

Average Score: West Virginia 23 Georgia 21

More to come...

:au:   :football:   :cheer:

204716[/snapback]

Hmm...interesting. I bet its a little more honest when comparing SEC teams vs SEC teams, unlike comparing SEC teams vs other conferences because of conference "weakness". For instance, comparing SEC teams vs SEC teams is easy because we all play each other....but other conferences may have more weaker teams which enable more points for them (better scoring margin). That West Virginia score is interesting....but I still think Georgia wins by 14-17...

We went through this with Boise State about how "fast the other team is" and blah blah blah

WVU's Passing Offense is 115th in the country.

Can you say one dimensional?

WVU runs a 3-3-5 scheme that really allows for a good team to run all over them such as what VATech did. Our OL is playing excellent as of late.

Will it be close? Sure, I don't doubt it could be. But WVU won't win this game. I doubt they stay with 7-10 points

We went through this with Boise State about how "fast the other team is" and blah blah blah

WVU's Passing Offense is 115th in the country.

Can you say one dimensional?

WVU runs a 3-3-5 scheme that really allows for a good team to run all over them such as what VATech did. Our OL is playing excellent as of late.

Will it be close? Sure, I don't doubt it could be. But WVU won't win this game. I doubt they stay with 7-10 points

204759[/snapback]

Better not get too cocky dawg. That's what Va. Tech thought about their game with FSU.

That's what Va. Tech thought about their game with FSU.

That's what VATech thought before the WVU game too and it didn't hurt them.

I am just pointing out the facts of WVU's team. They are smaller and runs schemes that can be beaten by bigger & faster schools.

Their 3-3-5 D is not a good scheme when your LB's are average tacklers and your secondary "gives up too many big plays" as WVU's own Scout.com admits.

I know nothing would make you happier to see UGA lose and I am sure you will say anything to try and make it seem like it will happen, it won't. :D

while I understand this is a statistical representation of what could happen in these bowls - I disagree with both picks

Texas Tech and Georgia will both win and cover . .

i'll be pulling for the red raiders, but that offense is nothing more than a fancy gimmick. and as we've seen time and time again, gimmick offenses don't work in the sec. marshall's 5-wide, bubble screen attack? got zook fired. the spread option? off to a weak start with urban cryer. there are more but those are the most recent. texas tech is just like that. that gimmick passing offense will help you beat teams where the talent is even, but you can't beat good teams doing that crap. i honestly don't think they'll see the bright side of 20 (texas and okie state held them to 17 and ou lost on bs call that gave them 23).

and uga is going to win. wvu can't throw it into the deep end of the ocean, which means greg blue is playing close to the line all night, which means pat white is prime candidate for the first concussion of the new year, which means wvu can kiss this thing goodbye. i would be more shocked by a uga loss than i would be of another boise state style beat down.

Archived