Flatt leaving Ole Miss

DKW 86

The Exodus continues.

By my count, :om: has lost something like 11-12 players this year.

204874[/snapback]

actually, to quote the article,

At least 14 players, including nine from Orgeron's February signing class, have left the team since last summer.

204876[/snapback]

There was debate about quitting and thrown off the team. Obviously a academic casualty cannot "Quit." That was my hedge. I have been watching the story for some time now.

The Exodus continues.

By my count, :om: has lost something like 11-12 players this year.

204874[/snapback]

actually, to quote the article,

At least 14 players, including nine from Orgeron's February signing class, have left the team since last summer.

204876[/snapback]

There was debate about quitting and thrown off the team. Obviously a academic casualty cannot "Quit." That was my hedge. I have been watching the story for some time now.

204885[/snapback]

gotcha

Ole Miss might be heading in the right direction after all.  They may be 3-4 years away from being a contender in the West.

204882[/snapback]

Huh? Oh I see...you're factoring in a complete coaching staff overhaul. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but Ole Miss is the worst in the league. Their coach is awful. The players even know it...that's why they're dropping like flies over there. Croom even called them out before the game and backed it all up 35 -14.

Contrary to what Ole Miss alum tell you (I work with one), they'll be bad next year and a good number of years after that until Eli Manning finally has a son and sends him to Ole Miss. :big:

Ole Miss == Cancer to the SEC West

I do think it is harder to win at Ole Mis, however lets wait a couple of years and see whats up. Its too early to make any assessments yet. Doesn't look good though.

"Hey kid, I'm Coach Ed, you can call me 'Sir, yes Sir.' We'd like you to come to Ol' P!ss and play football."

"Sir,yes Sir, I hear your coaches and players are leaving in large numbers. Why should I sign with you?"

"That's ok kid, we don't need trouble makers like you anyway. Why don't you just get up off your ass and run these stadium bleachers for about an hour and see if you get the Ol' P!ss Spirit. If you do, call me - your dime."

Geez, won't it be hard to recruit there?

ole miss is the only team not to represent the SECW in the CG...looks like it'll stay that wya for awhile.

hopefully the win by MSU will help croom in recruiting...i'm pulling for him to have success over there.

war eagle.

ct

With ite being the kids he's recruited leaving too....it means he's the problem not the kids...I think that's obvious with his ethical recruiting tactics (see Tulane) and trying to persuade a couple of AU commits last year....and I still don't know how he got that DT last year that was an AU lock all the way up until the the day he announced... :blink: and Orgeron had just been hired...

Do you blame Flatt? I don't remeber what game it was but it was after Ole Miss played Auburn and Flatt got the start, every time he would get to the bench in the first half Coach O was there chewing his butt out, most of the time it wasn't even Flatt's fault for whatever Ogre was yelling about. Flatt was the best qb on the roster at Ole Miss the past two seasons but for some reason Spurlock got most of the starts and he proved he wasn't an SEC caliber qb, I mean 10 of 35 passing most games isn't gonna get it done, and throwing it into the ground doesn't help the wideouts. I gave Coach O three seasons before he got fired but after next season when Ole Miss has a horrible record and he shows his :moon: on the sideline yelling at a player and more kids abandon ship, he is going to get the pink slip.

Yep, I agree....he's a nut and the kids aren't buying in to it

I thought Flatt would have been the kind of guy that Mazzone could have developed into a decent QB. He appeared to be of the Ben Leard, Phillip Rivers type. Oh well...

Archived