Not one thing went right on Omaha Beach...

AURaptor

Despite months of dress rehearsals and dry runs, nearly every thing that the allies had planned for , drilled for and expected to happen on D Day, virtually nothing went right for the invading forces. Tanks which were designed to navigate the surf and make it to shore sank in the deep water. Air strikes often missed their targets on land, leaving the machine gun nests in tact for the soldiers to deal with as they fought their way on the beaches. And yet the allies pressed on, forced their way on to the beaches of Normandy, and took a foothold on French soil.

60 years later, Democrats continue to whine and bitch about supposed mistakes that President Bush hasn't owned up for during the Iraq war. Saddam Hussien was toppled in 3 weeks, with fewer troops than many said were needed, at far, FAR less loss of life than anyone expected.

Just a reminder to our Left wing PATRIOTS. You're not fooling anyone w/ your mock indignation and cries for the President to 'come clean' on what ever mistakes were made. The job is going to be completed, today just as it was then. Quitting has never achieved anything worth while, and America won't quit now. Deal with it.

Awesome post!  :yes:

205070[/snapback]

Thanks. It's easy to look at the big picture, once one uses their brain for a change instead of merely soaking in what the talking heads of the nightly news programs feed its public, night after night after night.

It's amazing how we won WWII without ANY cable news. To go four years without ANY play by play reports or up to the minute body counts must've been torture on the American people. THANK GOD our good friends like Ted Turner and his minions at CBS, ABC, and NBC fill us in on what is ACTUALLY happening every single day without ANY bias whatsoever.

Just shows that liberals (note I didn't say Democrats because they're are some good ones left) will stop at nothing to regain control of the country. Don't be fooled, this 'ol soldier sure isn't falling for it and I can't wait to get back over there and finish the job.

For anyone that wants quit the war I suggest you read my quote that is below this. If it doesn't motivate you then may I suggest you hop on Alec Baldwin's boat to France. You may be waiting awhile though because just like any other liberal, he's all talk and no walk.

LOL, I can't wait for the firestorm to come after this little tirade. :big:

It's amazing how we won WWII without ANY cable news. To go four years without ANY play by play reports or up to the minute body counts must've been torture on the American people. THANK GOD our good friends like Ted Turner and his minions at CBS, ABC, and NBC fill us in on what is ACTUALLY happening every single day without ANY bias whatsoever.

Just shows that liberals (note I didn't say Democrats because they're are some good ones left) will stop at nothing to regain control of the country. Don't be fooled, this 'ol soldier sure isn't falling for it and I can't wait to get back over there and finish the job.

For anyone that wants quit the war I suggest you read my quote that is below this. If it doesn't motivate you then may I suggest you hop on Alec Baldwin's boat to France. You may be waiting awhile though because just like any other liberal, he's all talk and no walk.

LOL, I can't wait for the firestorm to come after this little tirade.  :big:

205253[/snapback]

Not gonna get any from this old swabbie.

Despite months of dress rehearsals and dry runs, nearly every thing that the allies had planned for , drilled for and expected to happen on D Day, virtually nothing went right for the invading forces.

205065[/snapback]

How dare you insult the brave men involved in D Day by saying they did nothing right. Their task was monumental, and yet they established a foothold by losing only half the number of men that Churchill feared would be lost. Quit distorting history just to get "attaboys" from you fellow partisans.

Utah Beach and the Paratrooper Landing at St-Mère-Eglise

This beach looked no different from the other beaches which I had seen.

The fight for Utah beach was completed with remarkable speed and minimal casualities. The landing cost less than 200 lives - barely a quarter of the number killed in a training exercise off Slapton Sands in April 1944.

The landing on Utah beach started on time but strong currents and a navigational error caused the asault craft to drift more than a mile to the south. The mistake proved to be decidely fortuitous as the sector was lightly defended. Accurate naval and aerial bombardment had knocked out every most of the guns in the area.

Brigadier General Theodore Roosevelt Jr, the US President's cousin, was among the early arrivals in Utah. "Men," he said as troops gathered around,"you've landed about 2,000 yards south of where you were supposed to land. We'll start the war from here."

Soon vehicles, follow-up units and 23,000 men poured onto this beach and streamed inland along a single undefended causeway along the floodplain.

I drove along this causeway to the nearby village of Ste-Marie-des-Mont. This was, however, not the first village to be liberated. That distinction belonged to another village about 8 kilometres away - Ste-Mère-Eglise.

I remembered this village from the movie which highlighted the behind-the-lines support provided by the paratroops and glider troops of the US 82nd and 101th Airborne Divisions.

Many paratroopers from the 82nd completed their drop successfully, gathering in a tight-knit group north-west of Ste-Mère-Eglise. Thirty odd men, desperately off-course, floated gently into the centre of the village to be met by a hail of German bullets.

Private John Smith of the 505th Regiment missed the parapet of the church but his canopy got tangled with a tower. In the movie, I still remember the look of horror on the face of the actor playing Pvt Steele as other paratroopers landed to firing by German soldiers. The real John Steele was eventually taken down and captured.

John Steele lived to tell the tale until he died in 1960 in Kentucky. His name, however, will never be forgotten in Ste-Mère-Eglise where I saw a model of John Steele and his parachute hanging from the church. There is also a hotel just around the corner from the market square named after him.

The Airborne Troops museum, near the market square, provides a wealth of information about the 82nd. and 101th Airborne divisions.

The museum also houses two aircraft. One is a CG-4A glider which was used to ferry paratroopers to their landing destinations. The second is a Douglas C-47 transport aircraft which, like the jeep, was a work-horse during that era.

The museum is managed by Philippe L. Jutras who served as an Army officer during the war and billeted with a certain Mr and Mrs Castel in Ste-Mère-Eglise. After serving as Senator from Maine, he returned in 1970 to Ste-Mère-Eglise where he renewed his acquaintance with Antoinette Castel, now a widow. They married in 1974 but Jutras is a symbol of the close ties between this village and the Airborne divisions.

Aftermath

The 50th anniversary is a good occasion to sentimentalise such ties. During my Normandy trip, I met many Allied veterans. All were in their seventies and eighties and probably making this trip for the last time in their lives. Some talked about their experiences; others did not want to even remember them. Yet, all had been marked by this experience.

I was only five years when the invasion took place but even I was marked by my visits to the beaches and museums. It was almost like a nostalgic trip to another era.

It was another era - a time when human life counted for less. I remember reading about Prime Minister Winston Churchill telling his wife on the night of June 5, 1944, "Do you realise that by the time you wake up in the morning, 20,000 men may be killed?"

Fortunately, Mr Churchill's fears proved to be overly pessimistic. Yet, it would be romantic to think that bravery carried the day and the seasick, young men dodging bullets in the surf along the 100 kilometres of Normandy beach were courageous indeed. Most were green troops, never before tested in battle. Many died even before firng a shot.

Three simple statistics sum up the results of D-Day: in the first 24 hours, the Allies landed about 155,000 troops and controlled 100 kilometres of French coastline at a cost of around 10,000 lives. While many of the targets for D-Day evening were not met (Caen, Bayeux, Isigny, Carentan), the political objective of starting a Second Front was met.

This front got off to a slow start and Caen, a pivotal town, was only captured by the end of July 1944. Two weeks after Operation Overlord, however, Stalin launched an offensive that dwarfed D-Day. In 10 days, 130 Russian divisions destroyed three entire German armies, killing, wounding or capturing 350,000 men.

Nevertheless, there was a special brand of individualism which marked the D-Day landings. If the operation succeeded, it was not only due to the high quality of planning and preparation. What saved the day were the individual acts of leadership displayed on the beaches. We will never know what motivated these leaders but they got moving when things got bogged down. What finally counted was that this exceptional victory of minds over matter.

http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/wwii/...riesofdday.aspx

Juno Beach

by John Barratt

Of all the troops involved in the D-Day landings, the men of the Canadian Army , with raw memories of the disaster suffered by Canadian forces in 1942 at Dieppe, might have had greatest cause for apprehension. The Canadian 3rd Infantry Division, (Maj-Gen R.F.L. Keller) supported by the 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade, formed part of I Corps (Lieutenant-General J.T. Crocker), whose D-Day objective was to secure Caen and push 11 miles inland to seize Carpiquet airfield.

These were ambitious aims, particularly as the presence of rocks offshore meant that the tide would not be high enough for the landings to begin until half an hour later than those elsewhere, and so probably facing an alerted enemy. The main immediate opposition would come from three, fairly low grade, battalions of the 716th Division, but of more concern was the possibility that 21st Panzer Division, believed to be south-east of Caen, might intervene quickly, possibly reinforced during the afternoon by 12th SS Panzer.

The Canadian landing would take place on JUNO beach, on either side of the mouth of the River Seulles. The problems presented by offshore rocks meant that the landings would have to take place at a time when the tide was so high that it carried the first wave of landing craft into the midst of the belt of beach obstacles. In the event, rough sea conditions delayed the landings further for between ten minutes and half an hour, so that the landing craft had to run the gauntlet of several hundred yards of heavily mined beach obstacles. Fortunately few craft were hit during the approach, but heavy losses were suffered as they withdrew. Confusion was worsened when most of the Canadian infantry hit the beach ahead of the amphibious armour which had been intended to land ahead of them. Equally concerning, the bad visibility had caused the main weight of the preliminary bombardment to overshoot, leaving the defences both intact and manned by an alerted enemy.

The 7th Canadian Brigade hit the defences at the mouth of the Seuiles, near the town of Courseulles. They were supported by DD tanks which had been launched from 800 yards from offshore, but engineer units did not arrive until half an hour later. In the meantime the infantry and DD tanks succeeded in dealing with enemy coastal strong points, but the late arrival of the engineers led to considerable delay in clearing exits from the beach. As a result, although forward units from the Royal Winnipeg Rifles and Regina Rifles were able to push fairly quickly about two miles inland, support troops became caught up in considerable congestion at the beach exits, slowing down the impetus of the advance.

Further east the 8th Canadian Brigade had been forced by rough sea conditions to land without the support of DD tanks. As a result they encountered some sharp resistance around Bernieres. The leading elements of the first wave of assault troops, from the Queen's Own Rifles, encountered heavy fire from German strong points as they crossed 100 yards of open beach from their landing craft, and suffered quite heavy casualties. However by the time supporting troops from the French-Canadian Regiment de la Chaudiere began to land 15 minutes later, immediate resistance, apart from scattered sniper fire, had been overcome, and by 9-30 am, the town of Bernieres was firmly in Canadian hands.

On the outskirts of the town, however, the Canadians were held up in the hedgerows and orchards by the kind of resistance, primarily from machine gunners and the ubiquitous 88mm guns, which was soon to become only too familiar. It took two hours to break through, during which time, owing to a breakdown in communications, follow-up units continued to land on the beaches, creating a major log-jam which was not cleared until 3pm. Although by then Canadian troops were about three miles inland, valuable time had been lost, and although by evening some troops had advanced about seven miles as far as the Caen-Bayeux road, the delay in reinforcements coming up meant that the leading units lacked the strength to push on into Caen itself.

D-Day had not proved to be the ordeal for the Canadians which many had feared. Problems had resulted more from the effects of adverse weather conditions than from the level of enemy resistance. At a cost of about 1,000 casualties, the Canadians were safely ashore, and linked up with the British units which had landed on their right at "Gold" beach. On the Canadian left, however, a potentially highly dangerous gap remained between them and the British landings on "Sword" beach.

http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/wwii/dday/juno.aspx

Gold Beach

by Brian Williams

Gold Beach was the code name for the center of the landings on the Normandy coast.  The British 50th (Northumbrian) Infantry Division of the 2nd Army under Lieutenant General Miles Dempsey was to land at H-Hour + 1 (0730), seize Arromanches and drive inland to capture the road junction at Bayeux.  Its additional objectives were to make contact with the US forces to the west at Omaha Beach and the Canadians to their east at Juno Beach.  In addition to the 50th, the 47th Royal Marine Commandos were to land on sector Item and to attack south of Arromanches and Longues and take Port-en-Bessin from the rear.

Gold Beach spanned nearly 10 miles long although the areas where landings were to occur were about 5 miles wide.  Gold was characterized mainly by the 3 sea villages of La Rivière, Le Hamel, and the small port of Arromanches to the west.  The Allied sectors were designated from west to east: How, Item, Jig, and King.  Of these four sectors, only the easternmost 3 were to actually become assault sectors.

Units of the German 716th Division and elements of the veteran 1st Battalion of the 352nd Division defended the coast in the beach houses along the coast with concentrations at Le Hamel and Le Riviere.  Fortunately for the Allies, these houses proved to be vulnerable to naval and air bombardment.  In addition, an observation post and battery of four 155mm cannon was located at Longues-sur-Mer.

Despite fierce opposition initially, the British forces broke through the German defenses with relatively light casualties.  Of note, the 79th Armoured Division made use of specially equipped vehicles termed "Hobart's Funnies", named after their inventor, Major General Percy Hobart.  These vehicles were various vehicles that performed special functions such as the Sherman Flail tank for clearing minefields, thirty-foot bridge-carrying tanks, bulldozer tanks, Churchill crocodile tanks which acted as flamethrowers, tanks which carried fascines (large bundles of wood meant for crossing anti-tank ditches), tanks equipped with matting to be laid down on the sand, and finally Shermans with twenty-five-pounder cannons.

Considerable opposition from inland enemy batteries and mortars hampered landings somewhat, but by 1000, La Rivière was captured and a couple hours later, Le Hamel fell.  The Royal Commandos were able to reach within a kilometer of Port-en-Bessin after finding that the Loungue battery had been destroyed in a duel with the HMS Ajax.

German defenses had consisted of several OST battalions comprised mainly of Russian conscripts.  Kampfgruppe Meyer, the 352nd's division reserve, had been in an ideal position to counterattack the landings at Gold Beach at the beginning of June 6th.  But, General Kraiss, the Commander of the 352nd, interpreted misdropped US 101st landings near the Vire estuary and sent the force at 0400 to deal with this perceived threat.  By the time Kraiss realized his error, several hours had been spent retracing the 30 or so kilometers back towards the real threat at Gold Beach.  Now instead of being able to counterattack, it found itself in a mainly defensive position.

By the evening of June 6, the 50th Division had landed 25,000 men with only 400 casualties.  They had penetrated six miles inland and met up with the Canadians at Juno Beach, but were unable to take Bayeux.  But, overall, the landings at Gold could be considered a great success.

http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/wwii/dday/gold.aspx

Believe me, there would have been calls for our immediate withdrawal from Europe if we had the gutless rabble in office then that we are cursed with today.

Normandy would have done this country in, under todays political situation. Just like the Iraqi front on the war on terror, I'm certain our liberal "supporters" would be making the claim that Germany had nothing to do with Pearl Harbor and our efforts in Europe were illegal, immoral, and unjustified.

In the Pacific theater, I'm sure under todays circumstances we'd be hearing from the donkey party that the war is unwinnable. They would question why we are sacrificing our soldiers in places such as Saipan, Iwo, and Guadalcanal when we should be going right into Tokyo. The liberals would be shouting that FDR has no strategy for winning the war and, based on the US being in the fight for almost 4 years, we are stuck in a quagmire and there is no hope for victory.

Thank God we had people in high places then that understood what the country was up against, and instead of acting like babies, they came together for the good of the country. It's that "country first" attitude that made us the superpower we have been up till now. Our enemy knew we were united against them. These jackasses in office now don't understand that.

How dare you insult the brave men involved in D Day by saying they did nothing right.  Their task was monumental, and yet they established a foothold by losing only half the number of men that Churchill feared would be lost.  Quit distorting history just to get "attaboys" from you fellow partisans.

205327[/snapback]

WWHHHOOOOSHH!! Did you hear that? That's the sound of Raptor's point going completely over your head. (That's a nice strawman argument you set up & knocked over, btw.) I'll spell it out for you: in such a complex endeavor as an invasion of a continent where you want to establish a beachhead of 175k men in hostile terriorty, or maybe the construction of a democracy in a country of 25 million that never had one before, there might be a few instances of things not going completely to plan. ('Best laid plans of mice & men' & stuff -- Robert Burns.)

TexasTiger, you'll do good in the future to read both the post of others AND what you reply with yourself. I never said ' our boys' did anything wrong, in so much as it was the obstacles they had to face and still overcame during the course of battle. There's no question that mistakes were made and poor decissions followed, by inadequate planning, changing weather patterns, all sorts of things. Your reply even made it clear in regards to what the Canadians faced.

So, once again, spare us the mock indignation and phony concern. It only further supports my whole basis for this post and makes the Left look all the more insincere.

The problems presented by offshore rocks meant that the landings would have to take place at a time when the tide was so high that it carried the first wave of landing craft into the midst of the belt of beach obstacles. In the event, rough sea conditions delayed the landings further for between ten minutes and half an hour, so that the landing craft had to run the gauntlet of several hundred yards of heavily mined beach obstacles. Fortunately few craft were hit during the approach, but heavy losses were suffered as they withdrew. Confusion was worsened when most of the Canadian infantry hit the beach ahead of the amphibious armour which had been intended to land ahead of them. Equally concerning, the bad visibility had caused the main weight of the preliminary bombardment to overshoot, leaving the defences both intact and manned by an alerted enemy.

TexasTiger, you'll do good in the future to read both the post of others AND what you reply with yourself. I never said ' our boys' did anything wrong, in so much as it was the obstacles they had to face and still overcame during the course of battle.  There's no question that mistakes were made and poor decissions followed,  by inadequate planning, changing weather patterns, all sorts of things. Your reply even made it clear in regards to what the Canadians faced.

So, once again, spare us the mock indignation and phony concern.  It only further supports my whole basis for this post and makes  the Left look all the more insincere.

The problems presented by offshore rocks meant that the landings would have to take place at a time when the tide was so high that it carried the first wave of landing craft into the midst of the belt of beach obstacles. In the event, rough sea conditions delayed the landings further for between ten minutes and half an hour, so that the landing craft had to run the gauntlet of several hundred yards of heavily mined beach obstacles. Fortunately few craft were hit during the approach, but heavy losses were suffered as they withdrew. Confusion was worsened when most of the Canadian infantry hit the beach ahead of the amphibious armour which had been intended to land ahead of them. Equally concerning, the bad visibility had caused the main weight of the preliminary bombardment to overshoot, leaving the defences both intact and manned by an alerted enemy.

205372[/snapback]

I see you quietly changed the title from D-Day to Omaha Beach. That's a start. Now quit making excuses for you indefensible behavior and apologize to those men you've besmirched.

TexasTiger, you'll do good in the future to read both the post of others AND what you reply with yourself. I never said ' our boys' did anything wrong, in so much as it was the obstacles they had to face and still overcame during the course of battle.  There's no question that mistakes were made and poor decissions followed,  by inadequate planning, changing weather patterns, all sorts of things. Your reply even made it clear in regards to what the Canadians faced.

So, once again, spare us the mock indignation and phony concern.  It only further supports my whole basis for this post and makes  the Left look all the more insincere.

205372[/snapback]

I see you quietly changed the title from D-Day to Omaha Beach. That's a start. Now quit making excuses for you indefensible behavior and apologize to those men you've besmirched.

205384[/snapback]

Raptor, I think you should do just that. Immediately after John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Howard Dean, Nancy Pelosi, etc. etc., apologize. :blink:

I see you quietly changed the title from D-Day to Omaha Beach.  That's a start.  Now quit making excuses for you indefensible behavior and apologize to those men you've besmirched.

205384[/snapback]

Still doesn't get it. Strike two or just a slow learner?

205372[/snapback]

205384[/snapback]

As usualy, you're wrong again, Texas. My subject line never once changed, and any edit I made was BEFORE your initial post. I know you're not too bright, but do you have to keep reminding everyone of your faults time and time again? :roflol:

* My last edit of the original post - This post has been edited by AURaptor: Dec 12 2005, 05:42 PM was only 3 minutes after the original post - Dec 12 2005, 05:39 PM

Your INITIAL post is listed as Yesterday, 10:24 PM. This current post, being on Dec 14th, 2005, clearly shows that your comment comes a full day AFTER I started this thread. Your later post, where you state

... his post has been edited by TexasTiger: Today, 09:50 AM was made this morning, Dec 14, 2005.

I never made any such change from D-Day to Omaha Beach. It was all there from the begining. Once again, you've been proven to be wrong. ( You must be use to that feeling by now. )

TexasTiger- YOU sir, are an idiot. :rolleyes:

205372[/snapback]

205384[/snapback]

As usualy, you're wrong again, Texas. My subject line never once changed, and any edit I made was BEFORE your initial post. I know you're not too bright, but do you have to keep reminding everyone of your faults time and time again? :roflol:

* My last edit of the original post - This post has been edited by AURaptor: Dec 12 2005, 05:42 PM was only 3 minutes after the original post - Dec 12 2005, 05:39 PM

Your INITIAL post is listed as Yesterday, 10:24 PM. This current post, being on Dec 14th, 2005, clearly shows that your comment comes a full day AFTER I started this thread. Your later post, where you state

... his post has been edited by TexasTiger: Today, 09:50 AM was made this morning, Dec 14, 2005.

I never made any such change from D-Day to Omaha Beach. It was all there from the begining. Once again, you've been proven to be wrong. ( You must be use to that feeling by now. )

TexasTiger- YOU sir, are an idiot. :rolleyes:

205461[/snapback]

Why do you hate America?

Why do you hate America?

I show you to be a moron and a liar, and this is how you reply? Ya might want to ask the man in the mirror that question, when ya get up enough nerve.

Why do you hate America?

I show you to be a moron and a liar, and this is how you reply? Ya might want to ask the man in the mirror that question, when ya get up enough nerve.

205525[/snapback]

You just don't get it. :no:

You just don't get it. no.gif

gandalf-thumb.jpg

Be silent! And keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm. - Gandalf

Why do you hate America?

205525[/snapback]

Who's the idiot? Who's the moron? Who took my posts on this thread so seriously? ;)

Why do you hate America?

205525[/snapback]

Who's the idiot? Who's the moron? Who took my posts on this thread so seriously? ;)

205560[/snapback]

That's the best 'out' you have, after having been show to be ....well, what you really are. Game,set, match.

gandalf-thumb.jpg

Be silent! And keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm. - Gandalf

Why do you hate America?

205525[/snapback]

205560[/snapback]

That's the best 'out' you have, after having been show to be ....well, what you really are. Game,set, match.

205563[/snapback]

You still don't "get it." Took this right out of the Republican playbook and you don't recognize it?

1. Take a quote out of context and indignantly claim that the person you're quoting demeaned the troops for purely partisan purposes.

2. Insist that the person apologize for his "egregious" affront.

3. Deflect criticism of your position with a red herring.

4. Accuse your critic of being anti-American.

You picked up on the mock indignation part, but couldn't really put it all together.

Thanks for playing! :thumbsup:

You still don't "get it." Took this right out of the Republican playbook and you don't recognize it?

1. Take a quote out of context and indignantly claim that the person you're quoting demeaned the troops for purely partisan purposes.

You picked up on the mock indignation part, but couldn't really put it all together.

Thanks for playing!

I didn't recognize it because it 1) had nothing in the least to do w/ the thread which I started, 2) Nor was it from any GOP 'playbook'. Clearly, it's the Donkey brained tactic, as you know so well. When you got caught like a child trying to steal cookies from the jar by accusing me of changing my subject from Omaha to D-Day, you scurried to find some sort of lame 'out'. Now you're just making a bigger ass of yourself the more you invent imaginary 'GOP playbook' scenarios, all which appear only in your dense skull.

Go play in traffic, and bother us no more.

LOL, I can't wait for the firestorm to come after this little tirade.  :big:

205253[/snapback]

I hope you make it back if you have to go back over there.

NE DESIT VIRTUS

Thanks for playing!

I didn't recognize it because it 1) had nothing in the least to do w/ the thread which I started, 2) Nor was it from any GOP 'playbook'. Clearly, it's the Donkey brained tactic, as you know so well. When you got caught like a child trying to steal cookies from the jar by accusing me of changing my subject from Omaha to D-Day, you scurried to find some sort of lame 'out'. Now you're just making a bigger ass of yourself the more you invent imaginary 'GOP playbook' scenarios, all which appear only in your dense skull.

Go play in traffic, and bother us no more.

205689[/snapback]

The most I can do is connect all the dots for you. That's really pathetic enough. No one can make an idiot actually think. I used to waste my time acually providing well-reasoned arguments to your drivel. Watching you lose it over this was much more fun. Thanks again. ;)

I used to waste my time acually providing well-reasoned arguments to your drivel.

Another one of your self deluded constructs, aka - a lie. Perhaps in the recesses of your mind, you hoped to form such 'well - reasoned arguments' for all to see, but alas.... they never made it beyond your fingertips.

I used to waste my time acually providing well-reasoned arguments to your drivel.

Another one of your self deluded constructs, aka - a lie. Perhaps in the recesses of your mind, you hoped to form such 'well - reasoned arguments' for all to see, but alas.... they never made it beyond your fingertips.

205719[/snapback]

Oh, you're just upset because you were dumb enough to think I was really worked up over your commentary about D-Day, of all things. C'mon, admit it. :moon:

Archived