Most hurtful loss

AUfan1985

Worst loss over the last 5 years:

31-7 loss to Bama in Auburn

The Auburn vs. Bama game where I had to sit in the Bama Section (see above)

The Auburn vs. Bama game where I had to sit next to the Bama Band in the middle of thousands of rednecks screaming that irritating Rammer Lama Ding Dong (whatever it is?)Song (see above)

The only Auburn Game where I was compelled to leave before the final tick of the clock (see above)

The only game where I had to hand my head in shame after enduring our butt whipping among thousands of dark pink clad fans screaming their Yella Hamma chant with the Million Peso band blasting in my right ear.

It has taken four years of Domination therapy to get over that nightmare.  I think I may be cured after about 10 more years of the same therapy

205528[/snapback]

I was there with him(since he is my dad) and I remember being sick after this game. And by god was it annoying having that damn band playing in my right ear the whole game.

The LSU game this year was also very heartbreaking. I didnt want the last play of the game to come down to a kick but it did and we saw what happened there. Also in OT I didnt want it to come down to a kick because of what happened during the game, but again we saw what happened. I couldn't even watch the kick in OT, I was in a fetal position on the floor with my hat over my head just listening to the game. Boy was that a heartbreaker. I was in Gainesville that weekend too so I was with a bunch of Gator fans so that didn't make it any better.

Well, Galen, to be fair, the original question was "in the last 5 years."

I was a mere pup of 2 years in '71.

If we're going to backtrack further, in the most recent generation (last 20 years), the '88 LSU loss really sticks in my neck. We win that one and we're playing ND for the MNC in the Sugar Bowl. West Virginia was also undefeated that year, but I think they'd have been #3 and on the outside looking in had we run the table. No other team during the regular season seriously threatened us, the score of the Alabama game nonwithstanding.

I was nervous as hell watching us try to hold on to a 6-0 lead on that last drive...ESPN had something then called the "Misery Index", which detailed how thoroughly a defense was dominating an offense. LSU promptly drove the ball down the field for the winning score. They converted a pair of 4th downs, I believe, one of them about 4th-and-8 or thereabouts.

Man, I hate remembering that.

1984 UAT. We had a VASTLY superior team and played like a bunch of brodies.

Paul Ott Carruth ran for 200,000 yards that day. :(

205653[/snapback]

Thanks for stretching back beyond 1999. I was starting to feel like a dinosaur.

205656[/snapback]

No credit for bringing up 94 GA game, huh? Thanks a lot.

1984 UAT. We had a VASTLY superior team and played like a bunch of brodies.

Paul Ott Carruth ran for 200,000 yards that day. :(

205653[/snapback]

Thanks for stretching back beyond 1999. I was starting to feel like a dinosaur.

205656[/snapback]

No credit for bringing up 94 GA game, huh? Thanks a lot.

205671[/snapback]

See post above. :)

Guest Tigrinum Major

LSU, 2005. Long trip home from Baton Rouge. Plus, the last one always hurts the worst.

All time, probably, Tennessee, 1981, 10-7. Ken Hobby leads the offense down the field late, but fails to find the end zone. Delays the resurgence of the program under Pat Dye only momentarily.

I have to disagree with those that said this thread stinks. I don't like remembering tough losses, but it's amazing to me that you all can remember games from that long ago with such clarity.

1997 loss to Florida was a tough one...expected it, but nonetheless a win there would have pushed us from #7 to at least #6 (UF was #6 at the time). I also think that we wouldn't have had the let down a week later against MSU...man, that game was terrible...rained the whole time. And 17-0 does sound right.

1999 MSU (gave up 14 points in final 4 minutes)

1999 Ole Miss (overtime on a kick)

2001 Syracuse (got owned by a Big East team that had just lost their great QB)

2001 Bama

2002 UGA

2003 USC (totally agree that the perception of the media would be 100% different had we won this one. And maybe USC wouldn't be quite the media darling that they are right now)

2003 GT

2003 Ole Miss (Ben's drop)

2004....oh wait, we didn't lose ANY games that year. :) WDE :au:

Guest Tigrinum Major
LSU, 2006.  Long trip home from Baton Rouge.  Plus, the last one always hurts teh worst. 

205705[/snapback]

'06? You time traveling?

205714[/snapback]

Nah, just still punchdrunk from four days on the road.

Archived