Sears missing bowl

quietfan

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill...2560.xml&coll=1

"Personal issues" keep linebacker at home

ORLANDO, Fla. - For Auburn linebacker Kevin Sears, the season is over.

Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said Sears, part of the regular four-man rotation at linebacker, will not play against Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl on Jan. 2 and was not allowed to make the trip because of "personal issues."

Sears, a junior from Russellville, was suspended for Auburn's 31-30 victory over Georgia on Nov. 12 after he was arrested and charged with driving under the influence in Auburn on Nov. 6. He returned to play in the Tigers' 28-18 victory over Alabama on Nov. 19.

"He's not here because he had to deal with personal issues," Tuberville said before meeting with his team Monday afternoon. "We thought it was best he take care of those. He's still part of the team and will be back with us in January. It was more important he take care of those issues than to make this trip."

Team sources said the decision did not involve academics, further legal problems or drugs.

Just FYI.

I don't know, or care, what Kevin's "personal problems" are. It's none of my business (none of OUR business). I just wish him well and hope everything works out for him and hope he returns for a great senior year in January.

I'm sure we'll miss him in the Capital One Bowl, but believe we will be fine without him.

I respect CTT for making the tough decisions. He could have just let this slide.

I hear it maybe over DUI side issues. CTT is being very quiet now.

KS comes from a pretty nice family. I grew up in Russellville, my younger brother graduated HS with Collin Sears, who played at AU several years ago. Nice guy from what I remember of him. I wish him the best and we'll be praying for ya Kevin.

I often deal with people who've been caught by the law and have personal issues. Kevin has to realize the root cause of his problems and personal issues, decide what he intends to do about them, then follow a well thought out plan to accomplish that goal. He can use this opportunity as a wake up call to turn his life around or he can toss it in and say change is not worth the effort.

Well, I'm most hopeful Kevin will make the right decisions. He has the opportunity to achieve the kind of successes that many of us just dream of. Geez, I could only imagine wearing the orange and blue onto the field. Man, having a chance at a pro football career. How many get such opportunity? It's still tough on a young person - because there are things that affect us negatively despite fame, wealth and opportunity. Kevin, I support you, and I'll be praying for you to do the right thing.

War Eagle!

Archived