Hall a no-go?

quietfan

Okay, so this is yet again another post about Bama. But it is also real news:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh...7350.xml&coll=2

DALLAS - Alabama wide receiver DJ Hall's playing status for the Cotton Bowl is unclear after he practiced with the Crimson Tide's scout-team offense Tuesday at Southern Methodist University.

Crimson Tide head coach Mike Shula said he had "nothing to say" when asked about Hall's situation after practice.

Hall is academically eligible to play in the Jan. 2 game against Texas Tech, according to Hall and a UA official, and thus he made the trip to Dallas with his teammates.

Since it is not Shula's policy to comment on disciplinary issues, it is unknown if such a measure is in place for Hall, the Crimson Tide's leading receiver with 48 catches for 676 yards and five touchdowns.

"I don't know how we'll work all that out," Shula said when asked if Hall would be in his usual starting role. "We'll just see how we get it going."

There was speculation on some Bama boards that he was merely with the scout team to give the defense practice against faster players like Texas Tech will throw at them. But if this was the case, seems like Shula would have said so rather than allow any negative speculation about a player's behavior, grades, or personal life.

I do know their offense can't afford to lose anybody. They suck enough as it is. It's looking more & more like a TT victory to me.

Archived