Okay, It's My Turn

AUesquire

I also wanted to check out the tone of the AUNation prior to putting in my .02 about the game. First off and suprisingly, I was far less P.O.'d when I turned off the television yesterday than I usually am after a loss. Maybe I was just never that fired up about this game anyway. Maybe it was just that despite what some have said, I never viewed this game as our huge opportunity to establish ourselves as one the premier programs in the nation.

Don't think for a second that the nations eyes were collectively glued to the Cap One Bowl yesterday to see if Auburn was "All that". How many games were going on at the same time.....28? I realized several days ago that the majority of these bowls are nothing more than exhibition games or early spring games. Some teams take them seriously, others don't. We obviously did not. Some teams come in to a bowl game happy as can be to have achieved that position and want to prove to the world they are legit. Some can have emotional ties to the outcome, such as wanting to win for the greatest coach in your schools history coaching his last game. Wisconsin did. We did not.

I'm not making excuses here but the bottom line is that we looked like a team coming in after a month layoff while UW looked like a team that came in with something to prove. I hate that we looked like we did but I honestly don't see it affecting recruiting or having much play with the preseason polls for next year. This program has a ton of talent coming back with an experienced QB running the show. We'll probably land somewhere in the 10-15 range in the preseason polls and a fast start will vault us solidly into the top 10. If this program is where most think it is, we should be a player on the national scene in 2006.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Excellent points, esquire. I wasn't as upset as usual either. I felt like I did after the 2001 Iron Bowl, just a little numb. They hit us in the mouth and we didn't hit back (well, except for Troy Reddick.)

I'll give you a couple of reasons to be upset, bammer won there bowl game oh yeah they also won 10 damn games this year. We lost the bowl game and only won 9, and I bought a fear the thumb shirt that ctt ruined for me yesterday!!!!!

I know what you mean. During the game, I was so furious, because what I had feared all along was happening. I just had a feeling we wouldn't be ready for this one. But after the game was over, it really didn't bother me like it normally does. I thought about it one more time that day, as I went about my buisness, having fun. It was when one of my friend's fathers said something to me about the two bowl games, he made a wise crack and I just said "yeah, ok" and held up 4 fingers and smiled. I won, and all I had to do was wave goodbye without my thumb, and it made me happy that I had another year of that, even if we didn't get the win yesterday. Of course then I woke up this morning, looked on the board and remembered..."oh yeah, we lost." :no: War Eagle ANYWAY!

4!

Very well said Esquire. I too am dissapointed in the "play" of OUR Team, but, let's all attempt to keep this game in the proper light. Our program is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was when Coach Tuberville came on board. Rest assured he wants to and WILL fix the "problems". He has earned the respect that he is due. :au:

WAR EAGLE...Now and FOREVER...WAR :au: EAGLE ! ! !

As much as I dislike seeing Auburn lose in anything, it still shouldn't take anything away from what this team from start to finish has done this year. They started and ended with bumps, but the ride in between was rather smooth. I think it is a good thing that there is this much groaning and complaining over a loss in a bowl game. Heck, when CTT arrived, the fan base was just happy to get to a bowl, much less even think about winning one. The only thing that worries me is that the defense didn't come to play nor did the coach even bother to show up afterwards.

Coach Tubs did say that we Overacheived this year, don't forget we're also breakin' in a New DC.........But, could someone do this one thing for me..........The next time CTT steps off of the Bus, if we can beat bama this next year, wearing a fear the Other Hand T-Shirt.....someone please Hit him in Head with a rock or something, then take that GD Shirt off...........Then Burn It.

Ok, here we go, I know some of you might think im bashing Auburn but Im not, this is my two cents, and I think all of you guys know by now I bleed orange and blue forever. After the game yesterday, someone who i admire said some words that really struck something that I hadnt been able to pinpoint, something that has bothered me a little about Auburn. He said "Consistency is the best philosophy, and, except for Auburn's team last year, :au: has found this to be a hard task."

War Damn Eagle :cheer::au:

AWK, my thoughts exactly. We have a tendency to take a game off. I can sugar coat a loss but Wisc opened up a can on us, and we have talent falling all over itself. Being unprepared on occassion isn't good enough to get AU to the promise land. Its the way we lost that tells me we are not close to being consistent competitors. We should always be prepared and play hard, even with inferior talent.

I was at the game and I felt like absolute crap afterwards. It was awful. I think the fact that we had won 3 bowl games in a row caused the coaches to sit back a little bit and not push the players like they should. It obviously showed.

Well, I'll tell ya boys...as much as I agree with some of the comments of sympathy, let me pose this question...how much sympathy do you have for those of us who pay a fortune for season tickets and to go to bowl games??? I could elaborate...but I think this type of game from a top level team is unacceptable. We never got off the bus...and with all of those goals in front of us, a top 5 finish, a higher start in the polls next year, a ten win season, momentum over Bamar, winningest senior class ever, etc...I'm sorry, I can't find a silver lining ANYWHERE.... Tell my 12 year old son, who bleeds O and B, that it's not that big a deal...I remember that feeling when I was a kid...and I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.

You have idiots like Pete Carroll out there talking about how he wanted to send a message to the SEC when he beat the h*** out of Arky...and we lose to a 2nd tier big 10 team?! Good grief...I am beside myself! NOTHING good came out of this game. If we didn't learn the , "you better be ready" thing after getting stomped by Bamar at home, and LS_Who on the road a few years ago, we ain't gonna learn it with the, "oh the game didn't mean that much" thing this year.

Sorry...that's just the way I feel...IMHO.

That said...I look forward to the Spring.

:au::homer:

Archived