Jordan-Hare construction

Aubie7

I was there this weekend. Sorry, no pictures. It was almost dark anyway. The concourses have been gutted. They looked weird with no concession stands. New ticket windows have been added. A lot of concrete blocks and dust everywhere. Good thing I had my jeans and tennis shoes on!

One thing I did notice was that there is room for another mural to be added next to the picture of Aubie on the end. This is the end closest to Haley Center. My guess, if what I am told is correct, is that a mural of the 13-0 team will be added with CTT.

It will be interesting to see this new project take shape. :au:

I figure since Alabama will have a stadium that holds more people than Jordan-Hare, Auburn would add on.

I would love for Auburn to have a stadium that holds over 100,000.

They changed the West side of the stadium a tad. Instead of a fence on the outside, there is that gate thingy that already is stretched from the entrance and up Roosevelt.

BTW, that "mural" thing I have mentioned since the day they completed that stuff 18 months ago. I don't think anything has changed, but I could be wrong. It's like that on both sides of the East side. Both the North and South parts have an opening for a mural. No one has mentioned that 13-0 team, it's all speculation that we have all wanted to see.

They changed the West side of the stadium a tad. Instead of a fence on the outside, there is that gate thingy that already is stretched from the entrance and up Roosevelt.

BTW, that "mural" thing I have mentioned since the day they completed that stuff 18 months ago. I don't think anything has changed, but I could be wrong. It's like that on both sides of the East side. Both the North and South parts have an opening for a mural. No one has mentioned that 13-0 team, it's all speculation that we have all wanted to see.

210132[/snapback]

What is a "gate thingy"? All I saw was a chain link fence keeping people outside the construction zone. That will come down. There will be iron fencing in place at some point to match the back of the stadium and baseball field.

I figure since Alabama will have a stadium that holds more people than Jordan-Hare, Auburn would add on.

Don't see that happening anytime soon. I would rather have 87,451 full than 100,000 with many empty sections. Auburn doesn't have the fanbase to support a 100,000 seat stadium at this time. As for the bammars, they needed to add on so more rednecks could make the pilgrimage to the "bahrs" promised land. :big:

I just wish we had 85,000 or so seats that are wide enough for a normal person to sit without being crowded. At least we have more room per seat than UT; if you remarked Neyland for normal sized people, it would only hold 90k or so.

210132[/snapback]

What is a "gate thingy"? All I saw was a chain link fence keeping people outside the construction zone. That will come down. There will be iron fencing in palce at some point to match the back of the stadium and baseball field.

210144[/snapback]

If you think of the Gate / Fence that is painted gray and stands between towers of bricks about 6 feet tall. It lines up all along Roosevelt and where the players walk in for Tiger walk. Underneath the spirally walk/ramp to get to the upperdeck in the Southwest Corner of the stadium, there used to be a picket fence to keep people out. Now it is like that Gate / Fence thingy that is all in the south part of the stadium.

The ongoing work is just the second and final portion of the concourse renovation that started last offseason. (The same project that was reportedly over budget back in summer of 2003). Included in this is the replacement of the perimeter fencing and gating with semi-ornamental painted steel to match the south end Tiger Walk plaza and Plainsman Park.

The sideline concourses have been gutted and will be rebuilt with six new concession stands, four new women's restrooms, and two new men's restrooms on each sideline, all with brick fronts instead of "cinder block".

There will be a lot more toilets now - those are the only "seats" being added at this time. Despite all this new plumbing work, you'll still have to flush twice since t-town is still a long way away.....

From article today:

A $28 million renovation of concourses, restrooms and concession stands at Jordan-Hare Stadium is already well under way. If there are no infrastructure problems that prevent it, a state-of-the-art high-definition video board will be erected in the north end zone in time for next season. There will be interactive video boards on the face of the upper deck displaying live game statistics, scores from other games and the like.

From article today:

A $28 million renovation of concourses, restrooms and concession stands at Jordan-Hare Stadium is already well under way. If there are no infrastructure problems that prevent it, a state-of-the-art high-definition video board will be erected in the north end zone in time for next season. There will be interactive video boards on the face of the upper deck displaying live game statistics, scores from other games and the like.

211142[/snapback]

Now that sounds pretty cool!! Where is this article 7???? Link, please??

From article today:

211142[/snapback]

Now that sounds pretty cool!! Where is this article 7???? Link, please??

211153[/snapback]

See the post about AD Jay Jacobs

here is the link

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/i...7570.xml&coll=1

yea but I bet those video boards will have a ton of sponsorship crap on them. Just like LSU and UGA. There's hardly ever show the stats.

Archived