Peyton Manning

GalensGhost

Peyton Manning in his post-game interview:

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here. Let's just say we had some protection problems. Protection problems. Just didn't protect."

Translation:

This isn't my fault. If the sorry offensive line had just blocked.

I wonder of those passes he zinged to nothing but green grass when he had three weeks to dance around in the pocket were the fault of his receivers?

Congratulations, Peyton. You may not get the Lombardi Trophy (again) this season, but you won the NFL version of the Matt Leinart Award.

Peyton Manning in his post-game interview:

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here. Let's just say we had some protection problems.  Protection problems.  Just didn't protect."

Translation:

This isn't my fault. If the sorry offensive line had just blocked.

I wonder of those passes he zinged to nothing but green grass when he had three weeks to dance around in the pocket were the fault of his receivers?

Congratulations, Peyton. You may not get the Lombardi Trophy (again) this season, but you won the NFL version of the Matt Leinart Award.

211669[/snapback]

:cheer::cheer:

also congrats on finishing the season with yet another LOSS in another BIG GAME...that, after all is a MANNING TRADITION..... :lol::cheer::lol:

also congrats on finishing the season with yet another LOSS in another BIG GAME...that, after all is a MANNING TRADITION..... :lol:   :cheer:   :lol:

211692[/snapback]

Amen! PM is such a classless loser!

I Love it! Way to go Pittsburgh! I hope they go into Denver next week and take care of business. If they can, fear the thumb will take on another meaning to me.

Super Bowl Champions

2005?

I think Peyton was right. Some say he missed some passes, I think he missed very few.

I think the OL play was terrible for the Colts.

I don't think this is classless really...Brady did in fact infer the same thing but didnt outright say it and some are glossing over that.

The difference needs to be explained. Bad o-line play is when a team rushes four defensive lineman and gets to your qb more times than not. Not only do the Steelers rush four lineman, they bring 1-2 blitzes on just about every play. The sack back at 2 yard line late in the game, Pittsburg blitzed 3 linebackers. It's hard for a very good o-line to block that kind of a blitz. Pittsburg's defense deserved more credit than "we just had bad protection". Yes the protection was bad....because Pittsburg brought the house on nearly every play.

The difference needs to be explained.  Bad o-line play is when a team rushes four defensive lineman and gets to your qb more times than not.  Not only do the Steelers rush four lineman, they bring 1-2 blitzes on just about every play.  The sack back at 2 yard line late in the game, Pittsburg blitzed 3 linebackers.  It's hard for a very good o-line to block that kind of a blitz.  Pittsburg's defense deserved more credit than "we just had bad protection".  Yes the protection was bad....because Pittsburg brought the house on nearly every play.

211905[/snapback]

A good quarterback makes a defense pay when it does that.

A loser quarterback flops to the ground and grouses about being protected.

Here's you a little something Galen. I thought you might like it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060116

By DJ Gallo

Special to Page 2

There are some people who will call Peyton Manning the dreaded "C" word today. Yeah … "choker." But calling him a choker simply isn't fair, because Peyton Manning is far more than someone who fails when it counts year after year after year.

For instance, he's also someone who throws his teammates under the bus, which -- it goes without saying -- is something every quarterback and team leader should try to do whenever possible. (Are you listening, Tom Brady? This is why you don't set regular season passing records! You need to be less of a team player!) Or not.

Looks like there was a little trouble with the protection, huh Peyton?

By now I'm sure you've all heard or read about Manning's postgame comments Sunday, in which he said: "I'm trying to be a good teammate here … let's just say we had some problems with protection."

Sure, it may sound as though Manning stabbed his linemen in the back -- or in the knee, in the Colts' case -- but I say cut him some slack. The guy is frustrated about coming up short every season. All I want is for him to learn from his mistakes and take more responsibility for his own failings when the Colts are inevitably eliminated next season.

That's why I've put together a few team-friendly alternatives he can use the next time he hears the words, "I'm trying to be a good teammate here" come out of his mouth. I'm hopeful they'll be of use to him.

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'll try to imagine what it's like to be imperfect."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'm going to buy my liquored-up, idiot kicker an entire case of vodka."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'll consider retaining Tony Dungy as my associate head coach next season."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'm taking the whole team on tour with Kenny Chesney."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I won't ask my daddy to get my offensive line traded."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so next year I might even run a play or two that my offensive coordinator calls."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'm going to let Tee Martin start for me in the playoffs from now on."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … but instead I'll just be myself."

i think it was a culmination of things that occured in the game. foremost manning was not himself the first half of the game. 5 sacks, sure the o-line had problems, defense has reversed itself since game 1 of the regular season, dropped passes and a fumble gave pitt 7 points and finally the colts chocked the last few weeks of the regular season and the momentum was non existent.

the team finally showed up the last 10 minutes of the game. they deserve to loose.

Archived