Bama Posts threatening Hawthorne's Dad...

DKW 86

If your insurance agent has a son who picks arbrin over BAMA

Posted by www.thegooler.com on January 22, 2006 at 16:00:44:

Do you find another insurance agent?

"Yes" - "No" replies appreciated.

I would change if my agents son went to the Barn....

Posted by Mankind on January 22, 2006 at 16:28:45:

In Reply to: If you currently have TH's father as a St Farm agent (m) posted by ArizonaJeff on January 22, 2006 at 16:26:23:

you can do whatever the hell you want. but I don't want my $$ going to the Barn.

Have a nice day :-)

Tim Hawthorne is not very smart.

Posted by Steve on January 22, 2006 at 15:33:58:

And neither is his dad if he has any control over what Tim says. If you are an insurance agent in B'ham you should not go out of your way to aggrevate either of the instate schools.

You talk about how torn you are, what great schools they both are, etc. This is not being well handled by Tim.

If he wants to go to Auburn, that is his choice but for his sake and his family's sake he should have handled things differently.

For all of you who wish these recruits "Good Luck!" . . .

Posted by md4ua on January 22, 2006 at 15:28:55:

. . . when they DON'T choose BAMA, I take a different view.

If they turn down a chance to attend The University of Alabama, then they've made a choice they believe is best for them. That's fine and dandy. But I sure don't have to wish them "luck." In my mind, if they attend school elsewhere, I don't give a rip if they ever see the playing field. And furthermore, if they take the field AGAINST Alabama, then I will be wishing them BAD LUCK. Not in the injury sense, but in the sense that our guys pound the HELL out of them. And I hope that they one day regret that they turned down the opportunity to wear Crimson.

For those that accept the challenge of stepping into one of the most revered traditions in college football, that of becoming an honored member of The Crimson Tide, then I say that they will always cherish their years at The Capstone. They will always be looked upon by people in this state (and indeed, the entire south) as being special, as one of a select few. But for those that choose to reject that opportunity, then I really don't give a rat's back about them. And I certainly do NOT "wish them luck."

And one more thing .. . if they choose to attend AU, then they can go straight to Hell.

Posted by alcrtide on January 22, 2006 at 22:38:52:

Either Hawthorne is going to Auburn or Auburn is getting played big time. If he's acting he's pretty good at it. The one school Tim has not fawned over is ... Alabama. I have to wonder if he watched our WR's play this season and realize we need help. I wonder if our anemic scoring once Pro went down has turned him off. I'm wondering if he remembers how good our passing game was BEFORE Pro went down with his broken leg. I'm wondering if the 11 sacks against Auburn is on his mind. I'm wondering if he realizes Alabama's business school is superior to Auburn's and has a bigger alumni base in the state to network with. You want a job in business in the state go to Alabama, not Auburn. I'm wondering if he's going to do as he said he would and surprise everybody on signing day. If so he won't go to Auburn or Georgia or South Carolina. You can't surprise by naming one of your leaders. Right now I will take him at his word that Auburn leads with Georgia and South Carolina right behind. Too bad, we could have used him. But I'm not sure he'd be able to beat out D.J. Hall and Nikita Stover anyway next fall. Maybe he sees immediate playing time at Auburn he doesn't see at Alabama.

As for his dad being a State Farm agent in Birmingham that is Alabama country, not Auburn country. You want to sell insurance to Alabama fans it's not a good thing to have pictures of you son wearing an Auburn uniform in your office. Georgia or South Carolina is another matter. Alabama fans are very fair people, but they are very loyal to Bama and don't like Auburn or supporting anything Auburn. I think his parents realize that, but will do what's best for their son as we would. I wish Tim well wheverever he plays the next four years. If that's Auburn we'll just have to beat him. Until he announces on January 30 I'm not going to worry about it. Next subject.

Roll Tide

If you use these idiots logic I guess you must know everybodies' allegiances at every company you do business with. Man, how freakin childish does it get?

I agree, just wow....and some people wonder why Auburn folks don't like Bammers that much. This is all a little petty and downright stupid to get this riled up over where a kid want's to play football. The scariest part...these people are allowed to go out in public.

And one more thing .. . if they choose to attend AU, then they can go straight to Hell.

:no::no: I don't think i would ever say that to someone based on where they chose to go to college...what ignorant :moon: es...

BTW I wonder if the Alabama seniors really cherish their 4 years spent there and getting beat by AU again and again and again and again.

Come on Tim...you know exactly where the winners are..not only that but we win with class...

:cheer::au::cheer:

Sad to say,but, this is very typical of the uaters....VERY typical.

For those that accept the challenge of stepping into one of the most revered traditions in college football, that of becoming an honored member of The Crimson Tide, then I say that they will always cherish their years at The Capstone. They will always be looked upon by people in this state (and indeed, the entire south) as being special, as one of a select few. But for those that choose to reject that opportunity, then I really don't give a rat's back about them. And I certainly do NOT "wish them luck."

and they get to be supported by A class fans! :puke:

An 18 year old kid has every right to choose where he wants to play. It shouldn't cost his dad business.....thats just outright crap from bama fans right there.

Matter of fact, has Auburn not recruited better than the "tahd" in its own state? They make it seem that an offer to wear "Crimson," is the ultimate goal of everyone in the state of AL...and if you dont abide, your family will be torn....your dad will lose his job, your mom will be threatened, and you will live a life of depression :blink:

I wish Tim well wheverever he plays the next four years. If that's Auburn we'll just have to beat him.

Bwahaha....don't hold your breath bammer. Just pray he doesn't predict a 4-0 record against your bammer boys like Anthony Mix did. :big:

If someone decides to buy insurance with someone depending on where there son goes to college then that is a pretty sad person. Most of these of people are fat geeks who sit around and talk Bama football all day with nothing better to do and suck at sports and business.

I got to be honest. I think every SEC fan base has fans as lunatic as those.

I know UGA has them. When Ernie Simms turned us down for FSU a few years back, when Carlos Brown choose UM over us this year, and several other prospects went elsewhere....we has some real extreme posts about them and their families.

Tennessee has them too on their InsideTennessee site

GatorCountry may be the worst

AssClown wrote:

"I'm wondering if he realizes Alabama's business school is superior to Auburn's and has a bigger alumni base in the state to network with. You want a job in business in the state go to Alabama, not Auburn."

A bammer's idea of business is being night manager at the Waffle House. Actually, most networked business people in Birmingham went to UAB (whom Alabama is afraid to face on the basketball court or football field). And if you look at most of the cars around Greystone (about the only area fit to live in around Birmingham), they AU tags or stickers.

Morale of the story. If you want to be the big dog in the trailer park, go to the University of Bammer, or better yet save the money and just be a Bammer fan.

Bammer = White Trash

Actually, we have the bigger school, the bigger business school, the bigger Alumni base, etc. They have us in fanbase tho. But there is only so many liability policies you can write in 15 year old PsOS.

I guess we dont need to shop at Southern Familyu if the bag boy wears a Tide cap?

I guess we dont need to do business at a bank with an officer that has a meshbackcap on his desk, (as if you could actually find one.)

I guess we should just end anything that forces us to have to do business with the Mullet Nation ever again.... Or we could act like adults and just move on.

My God how stupid can you get? Now, if the kid does go to Turdscaloser, we can all say it was the threats by the The Machine, The bamafia, The Red Elephants, etc that forced him to go where the Dark Pink jersey. Hey this could be real fun impacting their recruiting negatively with this stuff.

Wow is right.  It amazes me they can cut their computer on and actually form sentences.

213905[/snapback]

Most likely they have their bosses, Vandy grads, assist them. ;)

This is sad, truly sad. I am sure some side walk bammer alum is idiotic enough to buy into this crap.

For those that accept the challenge of stepping into one of the most revered traditions in college football, that of becoming an honored member of The Crimson Tide, then I say that they will always cherish their years at The Capstone. They will always be looked upon by people in this state (and indeed, the entire south) as being special, as one of a select few.

Did they come out with a button or t-shirt proclaiming when someone was bought and paid for by the Crimshun turd athletic department?

I don’t live in B'ham any longer so I wouldn't know.

I am so glad that I grew up and Auburn fan bammer fans are the worst fans I have ever met.........with the mullets and trailers with 19 cars broke down out front...... Im sure the ignorant bammer nation cant hurt State Farm I think they will be ok they dont make much money on 1992 probe with bammer flags flying anyway

Personally I don't see why this should upset anyone......

It is becausae of fans like these that the rest of us have uninsured motorist premiums. :big:

I have to agree with Southlink that all schools have some fans like this. But I also have to say that in my personal life, among the people I encounter from day to day in the real world rather than the on-line world, I've encountered more Bama fans with this sort of fanaticism than of any other school. But I don't live in UGA, UT or Gator country.

But as far as TH or any other recruit...if anything, these sort of "threats' would give me all the more reason for NOT attending that particular school. Why would I want to play football for fans who threaten my Dad's livelihood? I could never bow to this sort of blackmail, nor disrespect my Father by playing for fans who would treat him this way!

This is a discrace. I would love to see one of our local uaters attempt to defend this boat load of crapolla :poke:

sounds like everyone at the crapstone got a big kool-aid refill.

No humility or sportsmanship from this bunch, it's all about what does the

football world owe us. After all if it wasn't for uat, football would not exist. :roflol:

Truth is if uat did not exist would anybody really miss it.

uat fans are the lemmings of the football world, they just follow without any rational.

Man that's unbelievable...my cousin is going to play at Alabama...does that mean I should now hate him and his family?...should I only wish bad things for him?....I'm proud of him..I hate that he chose Alabama but that was his dream and I wish the best for him and his family....as for the business aspect ...i chose to deal with the ppl that take care of me and do a good job...NOT where they went to school... :blink:

actually, in my experience, bama is the larger network in the state of alabama. they have a solid (though lower rated auburn's according to u.s. news and world, for whatever that's worth) business school, and more importantly, the law school provides almost every lawyer in the state.

HOWEVER, in my same experience, no one outside the state gives two dimes about alabama, and you're almost as likely to get made fun of as to get a job in saaaay new york where i am right now. auburn, however, seems to have a pretty solid network setup throughout the states east of the mississippi (and maybe beyond, i just haven't tried to work there).

so, maybe that guy was right: if you want a job in the state of alabama, go to alabama. BUT if you want to open doors in the other 49 states, go to auburn.

Archived