Bama Posts threatening Hawthorne's Dad...

DKW 86

Well, look on the bright side, if changing insurance companies makes their rates go up, that's less money they can give to UAT. [Although I suspect fans of this ilk don't give any more money than what is necessary to get the occasional football ticket anyway...]

It just shows you how retardly ignorant some people can be, "If he wants to sell insurance in Bammaham". So aggravating, But if you look at these people it probably doesnt matter, I mean seriously, how much money do you think Hawthorne's Insurance company makes off of #1 Manufactured homes #2 Double wides #3 Liqour bottles signed by a dead coach from 30 years ago

I mean seriously, how much money do you think Hawthorne's Insurance company makes off of #1 Manufactured homes #2 Double wides #3 Liqour bottles signed by a dead coach from 30 years ago

213983[/snapback]

Good point AWK! Didn't even think about that. Just figured these were folks trying to get partial coverage on a Chevette.

actually, in my experience, bama is the larger network in the state of alabama. they have a solid (though lower rated auburn's according to u.s. news and world, for whatever that's worth) business school, and more importantly, the law school provides almost every lawyer in the state.

HOWEVER, in my same experience, no one outside the state gives two dimes about alabama, and you're almost as likely to get made fun of as to get a job in saaaay new york where i am right now. auburn, however, seems to have a pretty solid network setup throughout the states east of the mississippi (and maybe beyond, i just haven't tried to work there).

so, maybe that guy was right: if you want a job in the state of alabama, go to alabama. BUT if you want to open doors in the other 49 states, go to auburn.

213976[/snapback]

...and they provide nearly every crooked politician in our state...is there any wonder why? What's the diff between buying players and bribing jurors...or taking kickbacks...or damning the judge who upholds the Constitution and the Ten Commandments? Sickening, what comes out of that dump....

:au::homer:

I mean seriously, how much money do you think Hawthorne's Insurance company makes off of #1 Manufactured homes #2 Double wides #3 Liqour bottles signed by a dead coach from 30 years ago

213983[/snapback]

Good point AWK! Didn't even think about that. Just figured these were folks trying to get partial coverage on a Chevette.

213989[/snapback]

Well. if they bothered to insure all those cars on blocks in front of the double wides, it would add up to a tidy sum of money! :big:

i think we are overlooking the other items needing insurance as they feel they are worth something. take a moment and visualize the bammer fan filming the inside of their trailer for insurance purposes. as he pans, the camera catches the coffee table made from used nascar tires and a dented hood from the talladega 500. he then films the bookcase, made from milk carton totes and scrap lumber, displaying the countless unsigned earnhardt and jr. paraphernalia. as the bammer fan swings in the other direction he captures the wall paper made from empty bud can boxes and as he zooms in there sits a spud mckenzie replica over the 35 gallon drum used as a fireplace. as he moves toward the bedroom sits his pride and joy, the waterbed.

no hard feelings bammer fan! :poke:

I wonder why we have not heard from the Bammmer posters to this forum?  :blink:

213924[/snapback]

some of us work late ;\

that article is nuckin futs, imho. now i'll admit, i may razz one of my auburn co-workers, and i've been heard telling one of my firemen with an auburn shirt on that "hey, you got a little throw up on your shirt" but going to the point of not doing business with someone just because their son goes to a certain school? just a little dumb, really. lol i like that line at the end of the article that says "Until he announces on January 30 I'm not going to worry about it. Next subject.". obviously it bothers him enough to write a page long article about it sooooo....? a little joking amongst friends is fun, but this is just dumb.

this is why i hate recruiting season. its just one big guessing game, so theres no sense in playing it.

The kid is 18. I was two legs, hormones, and a mind of my own at 18. I would likely do the exact opposite of what my dad wanted. Heck I enlisted in the Navy while I was still 17 years old.

Making a man pay for his SON'S decisions at 18 is just three kinds of stupid. If they cant see that, well then maybe they are three kinds of stupid themselves. BTW, nowhere have I ever heard anyone say that Tim's Dad was a :ua: fan etc. What if Mr. Hawthorne was a :uga: fan say. Does all this still apply for them. Get him to Bama or we will ruin your business?

I can't imagine that Mr. Hawthorne's business is primarily comprised of people that are this stupid. I'm sure that if all the idiots who want to want to take their business elsewhere were to leave, he will be better off without them.

After reading all that sorry crap from Tuscaloosa I can see why the legislature feels the need to ban keg beer sales in that area.

My question with Tim deals with why his dad has said several times that he will "shock" people.

Why? I guess I just don't see the point in stating you will shock people.

Does that mean that AU/UGA won't be selected by him? Picking those two teams wouldnt be a shock

Yeah, they don't want their money supporting folks with Auburn ties, so they'll take their business from Hawthorne's State Farm agency and go to the Alfa agent across the street. :blink:

Yeah, they don't want their money supporting folks with Auburn ties, so they'll take their business from Hawthorne's State Farm agency and go to the Alfa agent across the street. :blink:

214521[/snapback]

What if the Alfa Agent was a :ut: grad? Or maybe rented the building from a Notre Dame fan? Could they use them then?

The kid is 18. I was two legs, hormones, and a mind of my own at 18. I would likely do the exact opposite of what my dad wanted. Heck I enlisted in the Navy while I was still 17 years old.

Making a man pay for his SON'S decisions at 18 is just three kinds of stupid. If they cant see that, well then maybe they are three kinds of stupid themselves. BTW, nowhere have I ever heard anyone say that Tim's Dad was a :ua: fan etc. What if Mr. Hawthorne was a :uga: fan say. Does all this still apply for them. Get him to Bama or we will ruin your business?

214229[/snapback]

I have heard that the Hawthorne's moved to Birmingham from Tennessee. Someone told me that Tim was born in TN.

My question with Tim deals with why his dad has said several times that he will "shock" people.

Why? I guess I just don't see the point in stating you will shock people.

Does that mean that AU/UGA won't be selected by him? Picking those two teams wouldnt be a shock

214516[/snapback]

For some reason I have been thinking that Tim might very well go out of state. Then neither the UA or AU people would get too mad. But who knows, not me.

Wherever he goes, I wish him the best. No kid or family deserves this type of $%^*&* from the uaters.

Archived