What's the story on Rose back to AU??

tgr4lfe

My wireless router went down this weekend...out of touch...What is this story on Rose recommiting to AU. Did papa bowden decide he didn't want him? just change his mind?? what's the scoop?

Apparently called AU coaches and asked if he could commit to AU again, and they said yes. He spoke to Borges and someone else. So he's in the Tiger camp again...at least until tomorrow. :D

He said he felt more comfortable with AU....

:au::homer:

He committed to AU early.

FSU recruited him for two weeks.

AU told him if he took the trip to FSU his offer was withdrawn.

He took a trip to FSU & they put on the hard sell because they had lost out on several receivers they really wanted.

He committed to FSU.

He got home and told his HS coach he really felt better and more comfortable with AU.

His coach called the AU coaches and got them together again.

He has now committed to AU and says he if firm in the commitment and has no doubts.

I cut these guys some slack who are 18, deer in headlights, and waffling...so long as they don't showboat, then waffle. I remember feeling overwhelmed just trying to pick a college back in '81 and no publications (except maybe playgirl :P ) were following my every move. Made the right choise though :au:

I heard that story and little more. The :au: coaches were very mad about him going to FSU, I was told they pulled his schollie. The HS coach got on the phone and saved the deal with the kid and the coaches. It was not pretty at the time it seems.

That's a nice change...to actually pull one back away from FSU...we've lost a couple over the years to them at the last minute...lick that DB from Minor last year...

Archived