Dang, y'all...

Jenny AU-92

:huh:

Don't know that it's our place to be invading the privacy of those who are grieving like that......I suppose they wanted their photos taken, or at least granted their permission, but still - Very touching.

Jenny,

Thank you for this thread. I will be emailing the link to my peers and superiors alike in my unit. As we train for yet another deployment we are also tasked with providing Casualty Assistance Officers to assist families whose loved ones have died fighting with units assigned to III Corps (4th Infantry Division, 1st Cavalry Division, 89th MP Brigade, etc). I have heard horror stories as to how some senior NCO's and officers totally FUBAR the duty of being a casualty assistance officer. It is not a task to take lightly. By emailing this link to people I know here on Ft. Hood, hopefully it will get forwarded around enough and the stark reality of performing Maj. Beck's additional duty will strike home with commanders whose subordinate leaders (that they personally pick) are tasked as CAO's.

Seriously, thank you.

Archived