Have They Absolutely No Shame?

Tigermike

TexasTiger said....

The Republicans used the Wellstone memorial for political gain by thoroughly distorting what happened there. This mock "outrage" was totally predictable. "Have they no shame?" Give me a break.

Sorry, but there was absolutely no distortion of what went on at the Wellstone pep rally and funeral show. That is EXACTLY what it was. When GOP colleages of Wellstone came to speak of their late friend, they were BOOED. There was nothing at all 'mock' about the anger from the Republicans. ANY decent human being would have responded in kind, if not more so at the circus which was made by the Dems.

The real question is, at a celebration of one's life, which is what this was, would the person being celebrated have objected to what was said? Joseph Lowery knew her well. Knew what she cared about. Knew what mattered to her. He talked about his friend and what she was passionate about. I bet she would not have objected one little bit. I don't sense that the people who knew her best and cared the most about her offended by what Lowery said. Do you really think she gives a rats ass what Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh thought about it? Her views are about as far from what you guys believe as they can be. Face it, if she had given a speech about what she believed a month ago, most of you guys would be posting disagreeing with her. Most of the people there have different views than you guys.
So much for unity, eh TT ? What Joseph Lowery wasn't only WRONG, it was factually vacant . But how about a bit of respect for the OFFICE of the President, if not the man? Bush only showed class, respect and praise at the funeral, and this is how he's repaid ? He did nothing wrong to Mrs King, nor were they great enemies. There was absolutely no room for such animosity, and it was clearly nothing but political. If I don't hold dear the same things as the next person, does that make me open for scorn on their part? It shouldn't.
Frankly, I would much prefer this kind of gathering at my passing. Talk about what I felt strongly about, what I cared about, what mattered to me, etc. If that pisses off people I think are misguided, do you think that would bother me?
You think far too highly of yourself
You guys are offended? Who the hell are you? Close friends of the deceased? Knew her well, did you? Get over yourselves. This was for her family and friends. Quit using it.
And who are you, Yoda? :huh:

This wasn't some private service, only for her family and friends, but was a national event, covered by media. Not only were many offended, but also shocked and saddened that some would sully this moment in time time to talk about themselves or pitch their political views. Folks like Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter can babble on and on about where they've been or what they've done in their lives all they want, but for just a litlte while, couldn't it be about one fine lady, and the peace and unity for which she stood? Some still believe in things such as decorum in these days. Sadly, peace and unity weren't on the mines of some, and you all know what I'm talking about.

TexasTiger said....
The Republicans used the Wellstone memorial for political gain by thoroughly distorting what happened there. This mock "outrage" was totally predictable. "Have they no shame?" Give me a break.

Sorry, but there was absolutely no distortion of what went on at the Wellstone pep rally and funeral show. That is EXACTLY what it was. When GOP colleages of Wellstone came to speak of their late friend, they were BOOED. There was nothing at all 'mock' about the anger from the Republicans. ANY decent human being would have responded in kind, if not more so at the circus which was made by the Dems.

The real question is, at a celebration of one's life, which is what this was, would the person being celebrated have objected to what was said? Joseph Lowery knew her well. Knew what she cared about. Knew what mattered to her. He talked about his friend and what she was passionate about. I bet she would not have objected one little bit. I don't sense that the people who knew her best and cared the most about her offended by what Lowery said. Do you really think she gives a rats ass what Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh thought about it? Her views are about as far from what you guys believe as they can be. Face it, if she had given a speech about what she believed a month ago, most of you guys would be posting disagreeing with her. Most of the people there have different views than you guys.
So much for unity, eh TT ? What Joseph Lowery wasn't only WRONG, it was factually vacant . But how about a bit of respect for the OFFICE of the President, if not the man? Bush only showed class, respect and praise at the funeral, and this is how he's repaid ? He did nothing wrong to Mrs King, nor were they great enemies. There was absolutely no room for such animosity, and it was clearly nothing but political. If I don't hold dear the same things as the next person, does that make me open for scorn on their part? It shouldn't.
Frankly, I would much prefer this kind of gathering at my passing. Talk about what I felt strongly about, what I cared about, what mattered to me, etc. If that pisses off people I think are misguided, do you think that would bother me?
You think far too highly of yourself
You guys are offended? Who the hell are you? Close friends of the deceased? Knew her well, did you? Get over yourselves. This was for her family and friends. Quit using it.
And who are you, Yoda? :huh:

This wasn't some private service, only for her family and friends, but was a national event, covered by media. Not only were many offended, but also shocked and saddened that some would sully this moment in time time to talk about themselves or pitch their political views. Folks like Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter can babble on and on about where they've been or what they've done in their lives all they want, but for just a litlte while, couldn't it be about one fine lady, and the peace and unity for which she stood? Some still believe in things such as decorum in these days. Sadly, peace and unity weren't on the mines of some, and you all know what I'm talking about.

219172[/snapback]

You want to say Lowery's silly little "poem" was stupid or out of line? Fine. The fact remains that there were only a few moments out of six hours that you might perceive as a sleight to Bush. But the pissing and moaning is so ridiculous. And utterly predictable. That's what this board is all about.

You want to say Lowery's silly little "poem" was stupid or out of line? Fine. The fact remains that there were only a few moments out of six hours that you might perceive as a sleight to Bush. But the pissing and moaning is so ridiculous. And utterly predictable. That's what this board is all about.

I reply to your little diatribe, and this is all you can say? <_< What if some speaker , either Bush , had ended their speech by placing the mic down to his backside and blowing notes from his backside, ala the character Newbomb Turk , in Hollywood Knights? Hey, it would only have been a few moments out of six hours, right ? And you honestly don't think that the media would have gone gonzo over sucha disgusting and juvenile display? Out of place, and a complete lack of decorum by anyone's standards, right?

93292.jpg

You want to say Lowery's silly little "poem" was stupid or out of line? Fine. The fact remains that there were only a few moments out of six hours that you might perceive as a sleight to Bush. But the pissing and moaning is so ridiculous.

Pearl Harbor was only a few hours in the 200+ year history of the US...

Hitting the iceberg was only a few seconds in a trip that took 4 days...

The dropping fo the atom bomb was only the pushing of a button...

"If you take out the first quarter, we would have won 18-7..."

Tex, even for you, that was lame as heck.

Archived