Have They Absolutely No Shame?

Tigermike

Have They Absolutely No Shame?

When the Demoleftists last exploited a memorial service and used it as a political rally, it backfired bigtime. While the people at Senator Wellstone's service loved what was happening, the American people saw it and were disgusted at the rank opportunism..

There are many things which indicate the nature of the people you're dealing with, and it's clear the Dems have not changed. At the Coretta Scott King service both the Reverendl Joseph Lowery and Jimmah Carter attacked President Bush as the man himself sat in their midst.

Drudge: King Funeral Turns Political:

The outspoken Rev. Joseph Lowery, co-founder of Southern Christian Leadership Conference, ripped into President Bush during his short speech, ostensibly about the wife of Martin Luther King Jr.

"She extended Martin's message against poverty, racism and war. She deplored the terror inflicted by our smart bombs on missions way afar. We know now that there were no weapons of mass destruction over there," Lowery said.

Former President Jimmy Carter later swung at Bush as well, not once but twice. As he talked about the Kings, he said: "It was difficult for them then personally with the civil liberties of both husband and wife violated as they became the target of secret government wiretaps." The crowd cheered as Bush, under fire for a secret wiretapping program he ordered after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, again smiled weakly.

These people are disgusting. Truly, have they no shame? And for those sitting in the audience, shame on them for standing and applauding the attack--they need to reflect on the continuing problems for Americans who happen to be black--Demoleftists have been in charge of improving the quality of their lives for decades and yet for those who live in the inner city things are still no where near MLK's "dream."

Demoleftists and "special interest group" leadership rely on their constituencies remaining in victimhood and ghettos. After all, without that, what rhetoric would they use to attack Republicans? Certainly they have no new ideas. Americans who happen to be black deserve better, from their "leadership" and from themselves.

Related Link:

New York Post: Carter, Still No Clue

link

What is really ironic is that the wiretaps Carter referred to on the Kings occurred during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations........ both Democratic!!!! In his rush to partisanship, he conveniently neglected to mention that fact.

* First if all, KUDOS to Bill Clinton for not stooping to the level of these pathetic people.

*Secondly, when Martin Luther King Jr. died, the Dem. president in office did not attend the funeral.

*Thirdly, does anyone remember the outcry about Bush exploiting those who died on 9/11/01 "for political gain" :o when his campaign started to use a picture of him on a carrier during the elections? Yet there is nothing wrong apparently to these Dems with exploiting the actual funeral of Coretta Scott King for political gain and cheap shots at the current president (who just happened to be in the crowd).

This group of Dems doesn't get it. Their only plan and idea for change is "bash Bush." That's all they have done since the man got into office. On somethings they have good reason. On others...not so much. Yet they have no plan and they have no vision. Until they realize this they will continue to lose.

Where there is no vision the people perish. Proverbs 28:18

The Republicans used the Wellstone memorial for political gain by thoroughly distorting what happened there. This mock "outrage" was totally predictable. "Have they no shame?" Give me a break. The real question is, at a celebration of one's life, which is what this was, would the person being celebrated have objected to what was said? Joseph Lowery knew her well. Knew what she cared about. Knew what mattered to her. He talked about his friend and what she was passionate about. I bet she would not have objected one little bit. I don't sense that the people who knew her best and cared the most about her offended by what Lowery said. Do you really think she gives a rats ass what Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh thought about it? Her views are about as far from what you guys believe as they can be. Face it, if she had given a speech about what she believed a month ago, most of you guys would be posting disagreeing with her. Most of the people there have different views than you guys.

Frankly, I would much prefer this kind of gathering at my passing. Talk about what I felt strongly about, what I cared about, what mattered to me, etc. If that pisses off people I think are misguided, do you think that would bother me?

You guys are offended? Who the hell are you? Close friends of the deceased? Knew her well, did you? Get over yourselves. This was for her family and friends. Quit using it.

The Republicans used the Wellstone memorial for political gain by thoroughly distorting what happened there.  This mock "outrage" was totally predictable.  "Have they no shame?"  Give me a break.  The real question is, at a celebration of one's life, which is what this was, would the person being celebrated have objected to what was said?  Joseph Lowery knew her well.  Knew what she cared about.  Knew what mattered to her.  He talked about his friend and what she was passionate about.  I bet she would not have objected one little bit.  I don't sense that the people who knew her best and cared the most about her offended by what Lowery said.  Frankly, I would much prefer this kind of gathering at my passing.  Talk about what I felt strongly about, what I cared about, what mattered to me, etc.

You guys are offended?  Who the hell are you?  Close friends of the deceased?  Knew her well, did you?  Get over yourselves.  This was for her family and friends.  Quit using it.

218949[/snapback]

Un-wad the panties there bub! Hiney hairs a bit tight are they?

I'm not "offended" but I do have an opinion on it. If you don't like it, tough. Using it? You apparently haven't seen a transcript or heard the audio of things said. The only using I saw/heard was the using of a funeral to attack the President. Friends? Carter the Segregationist? Know her well did you? Did you send flowers?

I don't recall seeing any quotes from Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh. The service lasted for over SIX hours. It was not about honoring her, it was about one last bit of exposure & TV time for her children.

If it was for her family and friends then why was it on TV & radio nation wide? For over six hours?

If it was for her family and friends then why was it on TV & radio nation wide?  For over six hours?

218964[/snapback]

I guess because the networks who broadcast it knew people would watch.

Why was it 6 hours? Why do you care? After 78 years, they celebrated her life for 6 hours...just to piss off the Right Wing, I guess... :rolleyes:

If it was for her family and friends then why was it on TV & radio nation wide?  For over six hours?

218964[/snapback]

Why was it 6 hours? Why do you care? After 78 years, they celebrated her life for 6 hours...just to piss off the Right Wing, I guess... :rolleyes:

218969[/snapback]

No one is pissed but you, Mr. Sanctimonious Defend any and all imagined or perceived slight's of Democrats. Did you watch or listen to the entire show Tex?

To be educated, you are probably the most myopic person in the entire state of Texas. Is that a requirement to stay in the good graces of the DNC?

218964[/snapback]

218969[/snapback]

No one is pissed but you, Mr. Sanctimonious Defend any and all imagined or perceived slight's of Democrats. Did you watch or listen to the entire show Tex?

To be educated, you are probably the most myopic person in the entire state of Texas. Is that a requirement to stay in the good graces of the DNC?

218971[/snapback]

Right. You guys are so worked up you mention in at least three threads simultaneously. Yet, you so rarely address any real problem, or meaningful issue.

218964[/snapback]

218969[/snapback]

218971[/snapback]

Right. You guys are so worked up you mention in at least three threads simultaneously. Yet, you so rarely address any real problem, or meaningful issue.

218981[/snapback]

And what meaningful issue was brought up at King's funeral, other than bashing Bush?

218964[/snapback]

218969[/snapback]

218971[/snapback]

218981[/snapback]

And what meaningful issue was brought up at King's funeral, other than bashing Bush?

218990[/snapback]

And during those 6 hours, what exactly was done that bashed Bush?

218964[/snapback]

218969[/snapback]

Did you watch or listen to the entire show Tex?

218971[/snapback]

218981[/snapback]

Answer the question Tex, did you watch or listen to the show?

218964[/snapback]

218969[/snapback]

218971[/snapback]

218981[/snapback]

218999[/snapback]

I work for a living. I've seen the highlights the Wingers are whining about. Did you watch the entire show?

218964[/snapback]

218969[/snapback]

218971[/snapback]

218981[/snapback]

218999[/snapback]

I work for a living. I've seen the highlights the Wingers are whining about. Did you watch the entire show?

219003[/snapback]

So basically you are running your mouth about something you know little or nothing about. In the past you have really got your panties balled up on that very issue. As usual for a lib your main point is that your opinion is correct whereas anyone with a differing opinion is wrong.

TexasTiger - hypocrite extraordinaire.

PS- Can't read a thread? Maybe you should consider Sylvan Learning Center? I never said anything about seeing or hearing the "show". I merely posted an article.

218964[/snapback]

218969[/snapback]

218971[/snapback]

218981[/snapback]

218999[/snapback]

219003[/snapback]

So basically you are running your mouth about something you know little or nothing about. In the past you have really got your panties balled up on that very issue. As usual for a lib your main point is that your opinion is correct whereas anyone with a differing opinion is wrong.

TexasTiger - hypocrite extraordinaire.

PS- Can't read a thread? Maybe you should consider Sylvan Learning Center? I never said anything about seeing or hearing the "show". I merely posted an article.

219008[/snapback]

Just answer my question: Did you watch the entire show?

What does it matter who watched the whole show and who didn't? I bet very few outside of that building where the service was held took in the whole thing. Is seeing or hearing the whole 6 hours somehow going to change what was said or even the context?

How do you equate the fight in the 60's for civil rights to the search for WMDs? How do you attempt even tie them together in the same poem and not have a political agenda? How do you justify using a funeral as a political pep-rally?

I can get you clips that "coincidentally" have also been the drum beat and mantra of the DNC and Deaniacs alike against the Bush administration and Republicans if you wish. To pretend that they are not is simply naive or delusional. You pick.

What does it matter who watched the whole show and who didn't? I bet very few outside of that building where the service was held took in the whole thing.  Is seeing or hearing the whole 6 hours somehow going to change what was said or even the context? 

How do you equate the fight in the 60's for civil rights to the search for WMDs?  How do you attempt even tie them together in the same poem and not have a political agenda?  How do you justify using a funeral as a political pep-rally?

I can get you clips that "coincidentally" have also been the drum beat and mantra of the DNC and Deaniacs alike against the Bush administration and Republicans if you wish.  To pretend that they are not is simply naive or delusional.  You pick.

219014[/snapback]

What's so important about seeing the whole show? Don't know. Ask Tigermike. He thought it was crucial that I had seen the whole thing, but wasn't relevant whether he had.

Yeah, you've seen a few clips, I've seen clips-- they are so small in duration that you can see the "offending" clips in a minute or less-- but they define the entire 6 hour event for you guys.

It wasn't a funeral. It was billed as a celebration of her life. Kinda like a wake, I suppose. Not your cup of tea. Fine. You were not required to attend or watch. A few people said what they believed and you see a DNC conspiracy. That makes you either naive, delusional or both. You don't even have "to pick".

Tex is right on time. Talk smug and righteous till the rubber meets the road and then resort to asking totally unrelated questions as he loses the argument.

As for me, it was her funeral. She did a lot of good. Funny, those that knew her gave a 7 hour, bitch and whine fest that pretty much marked it as a day for THEM, not Coretta. Could they and have they slammed Bush before? It is ALL they do. No reasonable workable plans, just bitch and whine. Enough whine there to start a whine and cheese party. This "funeral" or celebration of life, will be remembered for one thing. Lowery and Carter doing what they do best. Giving bs lip service to the DNC and self aggrandizement.

Tex is right on time. Talk smug and righteous till the rubber meets the road and then resort to asking totally unrelated questions as he loses the argument.

As for me, it was her funeral. She did a lot of good. Funny, those that knew her gave a 7 hour, bitch and whine fest that pretty much marked it as a day for THEM, not Coretta. Could they and have they slammed Bush before? It is ALL they do. No reasonable workable plans, just bitch and whine. Enough whine there to start a whine and cheese party. This "funeral" or celebration of life, will be remembered for one thing. Lowery and Carter doing what they do best. Giving bs lip service to the DNC and self aggrandizement.

219026[/snapback]

David joins the whinefest! You guys have spent more time complaining about the event than they spent even referencing what you perceived as Bush bashing. David has even expanded it 7 hours and claimed the whole event was bitch and whine fest-- so whether you've watched the whole thing is relevant question. You haven't even named what you think qualifies as slamming Bush. Those who think for you have just told you it happened and your defensive whining begins. And goes on, and on, and on...

what you perceived as Bush bashing

219027[/snapback]

What would you classify it as, Tex; a celebration of her life? Celebrate the storied life of an incredible woman by taking cheap shots at the President. It was a memorial to honor Coretta Scott King, but the democrats couldn't leave it at that. Unfortunately, that is the level of class and tact that permeates the democrat party today.

This isn't the first funeral the democrats have crashed, either. Anyone remember the "celebration" of Paul Welstone's life a few years back? As I recall, this disgusting and vulgar episode of political grandstanding cost them Welstone's seat.

You guys have spent more time complaining about the event than they spent even referencing what you perceived as Bush bashing... Those who think for you have just told you it happened and your defensive whining begins.  And goes on, and on, and on...

219027[/snapback]

Funny, in two hours of the original post only two (2, dos, the sum of 1+1) commented and gave an opinion. In true "Defend all that is left of cernter" fashion you came to the rescue of those at the funeral with your self-righteous rant. You have more posts (whining about our opinions) than anyone else. Most of the posts after the first two responses are in direct response to your bitching about our "bitching."

"Get over yourself"

You guys have spent more time complaining about the event than they spent even referencing what you perceived as Bush bashing... Those who think for you have just told you it happened and your defensive whining begins.  And goes on, and on, and on...

219027[/snapback]

Funny, in two hours of the original post only two (2, dos, the sum of 1+1) commented and gave an opinion. In true "Defend all that is left of cernter" fashion you came to the rescue of those at the funeral with your self-righteous rant. You have more posts (whining about our opinions) than anyone else. Most of the posts after the first two responses are in direct response to your bitching about our "bitching."

"Get over yourself"

219039[/snapback]

There you go Tex. that is why I asked if you had watched or seen the show.

Thanks MDM, he would have never figured it out. But in the event he did, he would never have admitted it or would have changed the subject.

I say let the Dems rant and rave to their heart's desire. It is the best thing for Republicans. Why? Well with all the problems/issues the Administration is having right now it is great for Dean, Kerry, Kennedy, Carter, et. al., to bring the focus on themselves rather than current issues. The Dems still haven't learned, and seem unable to do, that the American people are totally weary with their continued shark attacks with no proposed solution.

Archived