Vince Young -- Uber Clown

GalensGhost

Michael Whitlock says Young not ready for the NFL

The fact that Young had to take the Wonderlic twice in order to score a 16 is an indication to me that Young did not prepare for the test, particularly the first time. That speaks to Young's arrogance. So does his choice in representation and his decision to visit the president and the White House sans sports coat and tie.

Young will get millions of dollars in a contract regardless. Also unlike most QB's he has the size and athletic ability to move out to play another position like wide reciever if QB doesn't work out like Matt Jones has.

I like cocky QB's. They are usually the kind that will shoulder the load and make things happen to win. See last two Rose Bowls.

He will get humbled in the NFL, they all do.

I still question whether Young can take an NFL beating, whether he can throw through complex defenses, and whether he is mature enough

Guest Tigrinum Major

His draft stock is falling faster than a prom dress. He should have demanded the draft be held on January 5th.

I'm just worried about Vince drilling one of his linemen in the back of the head with that wonky throwing motion. Wow he can run, can he stay in the pocket and make a throw?

I'm just worried about Vince drilling one of his linemen in the back of the head with that wonky throwing motion. Wow he can run, can he stay in the pocket and make a throw?

yep...he's going to have a lot of passes slapped back at him in the league. i think i heard on the herd one day he only took 10 snaps from under center last year. the nfl isnt a shotgun league either.

His draft stock is falling faster than a prom dress.  He should have demanded the draft be held on January 5th.

224356[/snapback]

*HEY*

My daughter is going to the prom in two weeks. Don't give me nightmares.

Michael Whitlock says Young not ready for the NFL

The fact that Young had to take the Wonderlic twice in order to score a 16 is an indication to me that Young did not prepare for the test, particularly the first time.

224346[/snapback]

has anyone seen this test?............anybody that has earned the right to be in college should NOT HAVE to prepare for this test to get a 16

Guest Tigrinum Major
His draft stock is falling faster than a prom dress.  He should have demanded the draft be held on January 5th.

224356[/snapback]

*HEY*

My daughter is going to the prom in two weeks. Don't give me nightmares.

224378[/snapback]

Sorry, man. I figured that some of you in that age demographic would not appreciate the comparision. I have a few more years until that becomes the thing that makes my hair fall out and I develop an overeating disorder.

I may even start smoking again.

Funniest line in the article:

Playing quarterback in the NFL is the equivalent of getting in the sack with Jenna Jameson. Oh, everybody wants to do it, but it can be an incredibly humbling and "short" experience.

Just ask Ryan Leaf or countless other can't-miss prospects.

:lol:

Archived