AUNation Bracketology

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

The Selection Committee had an arduous task of selecting and seeding of the 63 posters as well as the two play-in posters. The following is an overall look at the brackets with general comments.

Post your questions in this thread concerning selections and seedings and the committee will do its best to answer your questions.

Three of the four number ones were a slam dunk, with the three most active admins getting the nod. The fourth was selected based on volume of posts and her hard work as creator and administrator of the Touchdown Auburn Bowl.

In the Toomer Region, DKW 86, as the top overall seed, takes on the play-in game winner, which features TrueBlue72 and Captain Liger. Both come in with disparaging resumes, one being an old timer and the other a relative newcomer. Interesting possible match-ups in the second round abound, with many moderator being included in the top of this bracket. DKW 86 versus chuck, CarolineTiger versus AURainman and tiger88 versus jared52 have a definite traditional power flavor to them. If jaydubb121 can pull off a couple of upsets, he could possibly face WarTim in a region semifinal game. Mid-majors and relative newcomers to the AUNation stage, abrnfanatc and SupperClub look for respect.

Moving to the Heisman Region, stoic-one takes on ranger12 in a first round match-up. ranger12’s seeding fell when he decided to attend school and not post much on the board anymore. Injuries were also a factor in his being a Number 16 seed. This could be the game that finally sees a Number 16 upset a Number 1 as ranger12 has a lot of tradition and pride to fall back on. Ravad surprised a lot of people with a Number 4 seed and the committee is silent on this selection, commenting only that the formula used for seeding remains a secret. Insiders suspect that she received this high seed based on recent developments. The only admin not to receive a Number 1 seed, wannabeAUmom, resides in the Number 3 spot in this region, mainly due to low post numbers. She is still The Boss. autigeremt was one of the last posters in, when a strong showing in the last week got him in. autigger and AURaptor present an interesting 7-10 match-up, with two posters that many thought should have been seeded higher. However, Raptor’s main work in the political forum and tigger’s prodigious posting numbers were built up over the early days of AUNation against weaker competition and had slacked off late. These two factors worked against theses two perennial powerhouses. Raven tiger fell to a 15 seed based on his pessi…realism.

The Samford Region is possibly the deepest region, with Jenny and Tigermike taking the top two seeds. They will face stiff competition from StatTiger, Tiger in Spain (the region semifinal match-up for Jenny, in what should be a rousing contest), Erik81, TexasTiger, SKCAUB, rexbo, WarEagle96, bammanmr, DaddyBoyAU, and quitefan, all traditional powerhouses. GalensGhost and saniflush both have come on late to capture seedings that many see as rewards for their humor and volume of posts. Many felt GG should have gotten a higher seed (much like GW in the real tourney), but the relative newcomer (registered in January 2005, but really did not get into the meat of the schedule until much later) lacked the name recognition to place higher. Irony, thy name is The Selection Committee.

In what many call the strongest region, TitanTiger takes on hccobb in a first round game, while wesfau meets Proud Tiger in the 2-15 match-up. GoAU is a dangerous 12 seed and Number 5 AUNuma1 would do well to not look to a second round match-up with MDM4AU. TitanTiger and MDM4AU could possibly meet up in a third round game, providing a very interesting tilt. This will cause some divided loyalties. vatz22au was bumped to a 10 seed, mainly because of youth. CCTAU picked up the 6 seed in a move some believe was a nod to the traditional powerhouse’s recent resurgence. If AUJarhead can get past vatz, a possible Navy foe in Proud Tiger awaits in the second round. Who will the squids support? Aupcolatiger, picked up the Number 3 seed and takes on a mid-major in WeagleDMS, a possible bracket buster.

Don't you agree that AWK is the strongest 9th seed in the tourney?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Don't you agree that AWK is the strongest 9th seed in the tourney?

224864[/snapback]

When GalensGhost, LegalEagle and AUloggerhead are also Number 9's? You think that The Selection Committee would ever say anything like that?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Tig...this is a great commentary and all, but let me ask a stupid question...how the hell do you vote??? Enough with all the talk...Lets get it on!!!!

224867[/snapback]

The Play-in game will be Tuesday.

Regular Brackets start Thursday and will feature seeding matchups each day(example - all 8-9 match-ups will be on Thursday.) Voting will last for 24 hours.

This will be a long and ardous process.

Hey, we need something to get us a step closer to football season.

Weaker opponents??? I wouldnt say that.... just havent posted much lately cause i no longer set my own hours at work. Man those were the days.....

Man, paired up against Proud Tiger....way to set me up to fail, Committee.

I will battle furiously and represent my posts with vigor!

Maybe as a consolation, if (IF!!!) I lose, PT will sell me a ticket (or two) to the UF game!

Maybe as a consolation, if (IF!!!) I lose, PT will sell me a ticket (or two) to the UF game!

224911[/snapback]

Me thinks this could be the upset. I know the force is strong in Wes. Looking for the torpedo coming on this one.

Moving to the Heisman Region, stoic-one takes on ranger12 in a first round match-up.  ranger12’s seeding fell when he decided to attend school and not post much on the board anymore.  Injuries were also a factor in his being a Number 16 seed.  This could be the game that finally sees a Number 16 upset a Number 1 as ranger12 has a lot of tradition and pride to fall back on.  Ravad surprised a lot of people with a Number 4 seed and the committee is silent on this selection, commenting only that the formula used for seeding remains a secret.  Insiders suspect that she received this high seed based on recent developments.  The only admin not to receive a Number 1 seed, wannabeAUmom, resides in the Number 3 spot in this region, mainly due to low post numbers.  She is still The Boss.  autigeremt was one of the last posters in, when a strong showing in the last week got him in.  autigger and AURaptor present an interesting 7-10 match-up, with two posters that many thought should have been seeded higher.  However, Raptor’s main work in the political forum and tigger’s prodigious posting numbers were built up over the early days of AUNation against weaker competition and had slacked off late.  These two factors worked against theses two perennial powerhouses.  Raven tiger fell to a 15 seed based on his pessi…realism. 

224852[/snapback]

No offense, but I plan to expoit any weakness I can to defend the Navy>Army rivalry... ;)

224911[/snapback]

Me thinks this could be the upset. I know the force is strong in Wes. Looking for the torpedo coming on this one.

224917[/snapback]

Why do you have to ruin everything?

I was giving PT my best Lou Holtz poor-mouth so that he would come in over-confident. Thanks alot, flush. Now YOU have to get me UF tix.

My bad. Go back to being Granny Clampett then. Are you talking like Sylvester the cat as well? We will be there for the UF beatdown!

My bad.  Go back to being Granny Clampett then.  Are you talking like Sylvester the cat as well?  We will be there for the UF beatdown!

224922[/snapback]

Well, there is mucho time between now and the UF game...you need to drag your sorry carcass to the beach. I'm steps...literally...from the emerald green water and white sand, you should see it.

Moving to the Heisman Region, stoic-one takes on ranger12 in a first round match-up.  ranger12’s seeding fell when he decided to attend school and not post much on the board anymore.  Injuries were also a factor in his being a Number 16 seed.  This could be the game that finally sees a Number 16 upset a Number 1 as ranger12 has a lot of tradition and pride to fall back on.  Ravad surprised a lot of people with a Number 4 seed and the committee is silent on this selection, commenting only that the formula used for seeding remains a secret.  Insiders suspect that she received this high seed based on recent developments.  The only admin not to receive a Number 1 seed, wannabeAUmom, resides in the Number 3 spot in this region, mainly due to low post numbers.  She is still The Boss.  autigeremt was one of the last posters in, when a strong showing in the last week got him in.  autigger and AURaptor present an interesting 7-10 match-up, with two posters that many thought should have been seeded higher.  However, Raptor’s main work in the political forum and tigger’s prodigious posting numbers were built up over the early days of AUNation against weaker competition and had slacked off late.  These two factors worked against theses two perennial powerhouses.  Raven tiger fell to a 15 seed based on his pessi…realism. 

224852[/snapback]

No offense, but I plan to expoit any weakness I can to defend the Navy>Army rivalry... ;)

224920[/snapback]

I get to go up against you if I make it to the second round, I have a tough battle first round. Put on your game face B)

224852[/snapback]

224920[/snapback]

I get to go up against you if I make it to the second round, I have a tough battle first round. Put on your game face B)

224927[/snapback]

:chair: I'm ready for the match.

224852[/snapback]

224920[/snapback]

224927[/snapback]

:chair: I'm ready for the match.

224959[/snapback]

This could work out sweet for me... No pun... if 175 and AWK beat up on each other.... and I get past Ranger... ;)

224911[/snapback]

You get my vote Wes..........but not my florida ticket :big::big:

DANG, guess I was watching the wrong selection show....I feel like the Missouri St of the AUN tourney. :( Well, I guess I always have next year to look forward to. Better shape up this offseason!!! :cheer:

224911[/snapback]

You get my vote Wes..........but not my florida ticket :big::big:

225015[/snapback]

Dang. Well, can't blame a guy for trying...

Archived