An Open Letter to Jay Barker and Tony Kurre

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Dear Jay and Tony,

I usually don't listen to WJOX anymore since satellite radio became affordable, but I did tune in this morning during a commercial break for Mike & Mike In The Morning since I did not feel like listening to Bill Cosby on Laughbreak. Just a few tips:

Jay, if you are going to refer to someone by what you believe to be a cool nickname, at least make it something that makes sense. Today, while talking about Syracuse and their star guard, you referred to him as "J Mc". While I applaud your efforts to "keep it real", it would help if you had ever seen his name in print or watched him in a game on television. Gerry McNamara's name neither starts with a "J" nor is his persona fitted to a name with such street cred. Please, don't try to be hip. Be who you are.

Tony, go back to doing movie trailers and commercials for mortgage companies. You aren't cool, you aren't funny and any grown man that refers to himself as "Tone the Bone" is screaming for serious psychiatric help. You should have stayed with Lance Taylor. He was the only one capable of making you look smart.

Thank you,

Sports Fans Everywhere

P.S. Al Del Greco, divorce yourself fom these guys as quickly as possible. They never let you get a word in edgewise anyway.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Geez....Looks like TM is practicing his "beat down" technique.  Couldn't be done to nicer guys!

224877[/snapback]

Is my woopig showing?

Geez....Looks like TM is practicing his "beat down" technique.  Couldn't be done to nicer guys!

224877[/snapback]

Is my woopig showing?

224879[/snapback]

Showing? I would say squealing but hey it is open to interpretation.

Dear Jay and Tony,

I usually don't listen to WJOX anymore since satellite radio became affordable, but I did tune in this morning during a commercial break for Mike & Mike In The Morning since I did not feel like listening to Bill Cosby on Laughbreak.  Just a few tips:

Jay, if you are going to refer to someone by what you believe to be a cool nickname, at least make it something that makes sense.  Today, while talking about Syracuse and their star guard, you referred to him as "J Mc".  While I applaud your efforts to "keep it real", it would help if you had ever seen his name in print or watched him in a game on television.  Gerry McNamara's name neither starts with a "J" nor is his persona fitted to a name with such street cred.  Please, don't try to be hip.  Be who you are.     

Tony, go back to doing movie trailers and commercials for mortgage companies.  You aren't cool, you aren't funny and any grown man that refers to himself as "Tone the Bone" is screaming for serious psychiatric help.  You should have stayed with Lance Taylor.  He was the only one capable of making you look smart. 

Thank you,

Sports Fans Everywhere

P.S.  Al Del Greco, divorce yourself fom these guys as quickly as possible.  They never let you get a word in edgewise anyway.

224873[/snapback]

The show this morning(the part I heard) was lame...however, overall, I think it is definitely better than what was on previously. Tony is pretty funny. He has some outrageous stories about off the wall crap that is rather amusing.

Del Greco is not a very good radio personality but his contacts make for awesome guests on the show. In the short time they have been on Bo Jackson, Barkley, Jeff Fisher, and Mike Schmidt have all been on thanks to Del Greco.

I think I would shoot myself (don't get happy SLAG...I am not going to take myself out of the competition that easily :big: ) if I had to listen to any one of the three by themselves. However, the three of them together all bring something different to the table and make for an interesting show.

Not only that, this is the first time we actually have an Auburn homer on the radio and it is nice to hear a "War Eagle" every once in a while coming over the air waves in the morning.

What you are saying is they have the two Bammer Boobs on mainly to keep the bammer Whiners quiet and the AU guy on for quality. That sounds both reasonable and logical.

in my opinion tony kurre is a sleeze ball, i have met him in person. he is just a total jerk. jay barker is the biggest alabama homer besides jim dunaway. i swear to god if i hear another stupid gene stallings story from jay baker im going to cut someone. (not really though) dont even get me started on herb winches. the only two people on the jox roster that i like are kelly hunter and blake elles. thank god for xm radio and paul finebaum,. i love finebaum because he is an equally opporturnity hater. might be a very slight bias towards tennessee, because he is an alum. and he is smart and doesn't talk to just listen to himself like some other guy we know. not going to name any names (cough cough herby cough cough). and i respect a person who can put any moronic fan in their place. that's good stuff right there. ok im done venting now, you guys have a nice day

Well, I think pretty much any radio "personality" is a pretty sad individual. They're either fifth-rate comedians (well, Rick and Bubba are fourth rate), or just obnoxious blowhards. If they actually had personality they would be on television, for starters.

Look at Finebaum. His numbers have been dropping like a paralyzed falcon. Why? Because trashing people is the only page in his repertoire. Heck, he doesn't even have the guts to trash guests while they're on the phone. He waits for them to hang up.

What's more, he's always fawning on the interns about how hot they are, even though he could be their father. It's kind of creepy, don't you think?

Here's how I listen to Finebaum: I flip on to see who his guest is. If the guest is a nobody, then I don't tune in.

"Tm + off-season+ monday morning= :roflol: "

I feel a Kevin Bacon connection coming. :big:

:au::homer:

Archived