A Day

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Made it to the game on a last second (2 and half hours before the game with a 2:45 car ride inbetween) decision.

Just a few quick observations:

Renovations are more extensive than I thought.

Defense is going to be ok.

Offense was very bland.

Tommy Trott is gonna be a special player before he leaves.

Our DBs like to hit.

Our kicking game was very unspectacular.

It was more about being a production than getting any production out of it.

Ben Tate is an unknown quantity still. Hard to tell anything.

Our tackles can't handle our ends. Granted, our ends are good, but Nall has some work cut out for him this fall.

Did anybody notice Tommy Tubberville walking in during late 3rd quarter?

And what did everybody think about the color inversion on the logo??

Maybe a sign of things to come????

Uh oh.. orange *******???

Tommy Trott is gonna be a special player before he leaves.

My brother lives in Auburn and was able to attend several practices last season. One thing he said was to keep an eye on Tommy Trott.

225943[/snapback]

Yes, renovations may be considered a bit drastic for those that sit on the sidelines and have grown accustomed to the latrine-esque trough urinals in the bathrooms. Since many of the combined restroom/concession buildings have not been completed, it may look a bit strange on the sideline concourses. But, I think most (of course never all) will be pleasantly surprised with the results. Six (4 female, 2 male) new restrooms on each sideline, with six accompanying concession stands in front of each restroom - all clad in brick.

225943[/snapback]

Yes, renovations may be considered a bit drastic for those that sit on the sidelines and have grown accustomed to the latrine-esque trough urinals in the bathrooms. Since many of the combined restroom/concession buildings have not been completed, it may look a bit strange on the sideline concourses. But, I think most (of course never all) will be pleasantly surprised with the results. Six (4 female, 2 male) new restrooms on each sideline, with six accompanying concession stands in front of each restroom - all clad in brick.

225964[/snapback]

As unsightly as they may have been, men folk are going to miss those old style troughs in the restrooms. Fewer places to go and each w/ smaller capacity? We might have to deploy a row or 2 of port-a-johnny's before the season's over. :thumbsdown:

No kidding. Somebody should have known that getting rid of those troughs and replacing them with urinals was going to cause traffic jams. Probably a government reg or something says you can't put in troughs. I'm in the plumbing supply business and none of our manufacturers offer them.,

D will likely be fine. They are bigger and man do they hit. The rush was very good even though they played very vanilla.

The O was basic high school. No Bunch formations. No Reverses that I recall. A roll out or two.

Played four quarterbacks in rotation. Cox, Field, Booker and Vickers some too.

Tate is a 17 yearold playing against very good D. It showed.

Carl Stewart had a good run or two.

Brad lester had a few good runs.

Trott, Dunn, and Praeche Rodriguez were the highlights.

There was a good crowd there for the 10k limit. The crowd didnt have much life. Very few good runs/catches, not much to cheer. The D had some great hits.

The walk on FBs didnt look that bad considering.

Borges got hit probably twice.

Real bad thing? Kicking was awful. I mean awful. Hope they just had a bad day. Miseed three? FGs? Punts were not great. Fielding was mediocre at best.

The team didnt have many mental errors, offsides etc.

There were too many times we got sacked by the rules protecting the qb. It stopped a lot of plays.

Summation: We looked pretty fundamentally sound. D is doing very well considering. We hid a lot on D and O. I got in late and never saw KI. Tate could be great with some full speed vision. Lester looked good. Stewart looked good. WRs had moments as well.

No kidding.  Somebody should have known that getting rid of those troughs and replacing them with urinals was going to cause traffic jams.  Probably a government reg or something says you can't put in troughs.  I'm in the plumbing supply business and none of our manufacturers offer them.,

225967[/snapback]

Although that's not my scope of engineering, I think the troughs haven't been allowed by code for a few decades now. But these new restrooms are huge (28 urinals, 6 toilets, and 15 sinks in each), so there will probably not be a significant change in your relief experience. The change on the women's side is huge - two of the restrooms on each side have 30 stalls each, and the other two have 25 stalls each. If you could count all of those seats, Jordan-Hare would be pushing 89k in capacity :big:

My observations...

*Cox looked okay but I'm still concerned about his arm strength.

*I know it was A-Day but I sure would like to see some more crossing routes.

*We actually ran the fullback twice in one game. Of course this excludes the one or two carries Brad Lester had from the "FB" position. I like Danny Perry at FB even though he's just a walkon.

*Ben Tate was playing on a right flat tire and it showed at times but as Borges stated, he can get to the edge. He's gonna be a special one.

*David Irons looked really good and I like how Jonathan Wilhite is coming along and he clearly can hit. Savage looks good at safety but he could have saved the celebration after he layed out Tre Smith.

*Trott will be a major weapon for Cox.

*Brad Lester is not a 20-25 carry back but he can make plays and I look forward to seeing what Borges does with him this fall.

*Dunn and Taylor both dropped a punt but I'd rather see Dunn than risk Taylor being injured. WE WILL NEED HIM TO STAY HEALTHY.

*Prechae Rodriguez is clearly the second best receiver right now.

*I hope Lee Guess is given the opportunity to play in the rotation in the fall. I have no doubt he could play a "Hicks Poor" role for us.

*Rodgeriqus Smith might be the best walkon receiver we have but he needs to gain some weight.

*Kicking game was way below average.

*I thought Trott should have been the game MVP rather than Lester.

No kidding.  Somebody should have known that getting rid of those troughs and replacing them with urinals was going to cause traffic jams.  Probably a government reg or something says you can't put in troughs.  I'm in the plumbing supply business and none of our manufacturers offer them.,

225967[/snapback]

Although that's not my scope of engineering, I think the troughs haven't been allowed by code for a few decades now. But these new restrooms are huge (28 urinals, 6 toilets, and 15 sinks in each), so there will probably not be a significant change in your relief experience. The change on the women's side is huge - two of the restrooms on each side have 30 stalls each, and the other two have 25 stalls each. If you could count all of those seats, Jordan-Hare would be pushing 89k in capacity :big:

225973[/snapback]

Thanks for the update. I was concerned that they would be overly smallish b-rooms. I had visions of the men's room in Jordan Hare East , aka Sanford Stadium, specifically in the upper deck. I've been to bars that have bigger facilities! :unsure:

225967[/snapback]

Well, if the federalis found out we had them...and that they worked efficiently...you can bet they put us on notice to get rid of them asap!!!

:au::homer:

my biggest complaint was the radio coverage, the way the network did it you had no idea what was going on, instead you had some coaches and jay jacobs say a bunch of stuff everyone already knows :thumbsdown:

225947[/snapback]

Ok...New board policy... No mention of things like this without pics to show those of us that werent there...

I expect a pic to be posted soon, per this new policy... :lol::lol::big:

I guess they're rollin' in money. Do they use jerseys one time and toss 'em?

The only change we need is more W's and no L's!

War Eagle!

My observations...

*Cox looked okay but I'm still concerned about his arm strength.

*I know it was A-Day but I sure would like to see some more crossing routes.

*We actually ran the fullback twice in one game. Of course this excludes the one or two carries Brad Lester had from the "FB" position. I like Danny Perry at FB even though he's just a walkon.

*Ben Tate was playing on a right flat tire and it showed at times but as Borges stated, he can get to the edge. He's gonna be a special one.

*David Irons looked really good and I like how Jonathan Wilhite is coming along and he clearly can hit.  Savage looks good at safety but he could have saved the celebration after he layed out Tre Smith.

*Trott will be a major weapon for Cox.

*Brad Lester is not a 20-25 carry back but he can make plays and I look forward to seeing what Borges does with him this fall.

*Dunn and Taylor both dropped a punt but I'd rather see Dunn than risk Taylor being injured. WE WILL NEED HIM TO STAY HEALTHY.

*Prechae Rodriguez is clearly the second best receiver right now.

*I hope Lee Guess is given the opportunity to play in the rotation in the fall. I have no doubt he could play a "Hicks Poor" role for us.

*Rodgeriqus Smith might be the best walkon receiver we have but he needs to gain some weight.

*Kicking game was way below average.

*I thought Trott should have been the game MVP rather than Lester.

225976[/snapback]

I pretty much agree with Stat's observations and will add this.

The first drive the O started off well. For the day Cox threw okay. We will be in trouble if he goes down. IMO> none of the backups threw the ball well at all.

Offensively, Trott will be a big target!! Think Cooper Wallace but more athletic, better hands, faster. Tate will be very good weapon, possibly a four back rotation. With Lester and Tre featured at the f-back position. The times Stewart ran he ran well, Tre and Lester also. Running game should be stellar again. Pass blocking on the corners needs improvement. Pass Blocking from the OT spots needs work, or it may be our DEs are that good. Lee Guess made a fantastic catch on the sideline. Overall, I think our receivers will be good, not as big as last year, but just as athetic. Taylor looked back at full speed, good to see since having the ankle problems all last year

Defensively, Josh Thompson had a good game and should be solid in the middle for us. LBs and secondary played well. I think our D is coming along good and will be very good. David Irons does like he has improved as does Wilhite. We have some DBs that like to hit. Bad sport on SAvage for showing out after hitting Tre helmet to helmet. I think the position move for Herring is a fantastic move. He looked pretty comfortable.

I am looking forward to getting a better look at these guys come fall. Everything will be more in tune then.

I am not sure about the logo change yet.... I like the one we have, but oh well..

225947[/snapback]

Ok...New board policy... No mention of things like this without pics to show those of us that werent there...

226004[/snapback]

My friend has a pic of it I think.... I'll see if I can get it from him

225947[/snapback]

226004[/snapback]

226023[/snapback]

where was this new logo being used?

225947[/snapback]

226004[/snapback]

226023[/snapback]

where was this new logo being used?

226024[/snapback]

center field.. it was the A U on center field.. it was primary orange with blue outline instead of other way around.. also the orange outline around the blue outline on the letters in the endzone was not there.... they were just white letters with blue outline.. no extra orange outline in the endzone

Guest Tigrinum Major

Bad sport on SAvage for showing out after hitting Tre helmet to helmet. 

226014[/snapback]

I saw the replay on the big screen and thought it was a clean hit with his shoulder. I could be wrong.

Was it Tre or Lee Guess that he hit?

Bad sport on SAvage for showing out after hitting Tre helmet to helmet. 

226014[/snapback]

I saw the replay on the big screen and thought it was a clean hit with his shoulder. I could be wrong.

Was it Tre or Lee Guess that he hit?

226032[/snapback]

Tre....

AS far as the logo goes...may have just been our "vanilla" logo...like everything else...didn't want to show too much! :lol:

:au::homer:

What did everybody think about the new announcer? I thought he did a good job. He is pretty much the same "style" as Carl. No "FFFIIIRRRSSTTT DOWNNNNNN KENTUCKYYYYYY” junk like you here at other stadiums.

Archived