calvin booker

auwallace

good luck to him, probably a good move on his behalf since he wasn't going to see the playing field with caudle coming in.

it was reported on Sportscall ealier... can't find a link yet.

Probably won't be til tomorrow.

This is what he had to say Pre-Spring practice.

"My plans are to stay here through my whole four or five years. I don't feel like there's anywhere I can go to play under another coach like (Tuberville), or especially another coordinator like Al Borges," Booker said. "It'd be pretty hard to do, to leave two coaches that are both good. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have to re-evaluate it. But my natural inclination is going to be to stay here at Auburn and compete like I told them I would when I signed."

I think he is a good guy and told the truth the whole way through this. He admited he would have to re-consider his options if he didn't pass Field on the depth chart after spring. Especially with Caudle coming in next year, this might be the best thing for him.

Good luck in whatever he decides to do. He don't think he'll be the type of guy to bad-mouth Auburn after he leaves.

You send us your gameplans against UF

We will send you our gameplans against Tech

Deal?

229309[/snapback]

We just need to play Tech a little later in the season...like the old days when would always whoop 'em.

Tech usually comes out and shows loads of promise in the first game of the year, and then Gailey/R.Ball return back to Earth and the season ends with a 7-5 record capped by getting slaughtered in a 3rd tier west coast bowl....

I guess CB felt he had a better chance at playing time in '07 with Ball being a senior this coming year-

I'd guess Cox has our QB job wrapped until he graduates (or declares early, but hopefully not)

I had always thought he would eventually change positions if he stayed @ AU.

I wish him all the best!

Good luck to you Calvin and I hope it works out for you in ATL. I also hope Auburn doesn't schedule the Jackets until after you graduate. I would hate to see you go all Reggie Ball on my Tigers...

Guest Tigrinum Major

I met his parents at the LSU game last fall. They were walking around campus with Marcus McNeill's parents. Seemed like very nice folks.

A friend of mine from the Atlanta area knows the family and has always said great things about them. According to him, Calvin was on track to graduate early.

I wish him the best in his football and academic future.

Are you talking about sportscall with Bill Cameron? If so, what channel does it come on? It used to be 99.9, but I either can't pick that up in Montgomery or they have changed frequencies.

Are you talking about sportscall with Bill Cameron? If so, what channel does it come on? It used to be 99.9, but I either can't pick that up in Montgomery or they have changed frequencies.

229367[/snapback]

That's the one. I pick it up in Auburn on 1230AM. I haven't tried the FM frequency that you mentioned.

Man, I hate to lose hard working kids who don't complain. I just wish there was another position that could get him on the field because I understand he's a pretty good athlete.

Calvin, if you do leave, we wish you luck. We'd love for you to stay an Auburn Tiger but I understand the pull to play your favorite position.

93.9 is the FM now.  Plus they have a webcast now.

229377[/snapback]

have a link to the webcast?

From a winner to a loser

Sorry, not a knock on him but more Tech

229287[/snapback]

What ever happened to Jasper Sanks?

229662[/snapback]

What does Sanks have to do with this?

From a winner to a loser

Sorry, not a knock on him but more Tech

229287[/snapback]

What ever happened to Jasper Sanks?

229662[/snapback]

What does Sanks have to do with this?

229727[/snapback]

It seems that an unjustified shot was taken at the Tech program, so I did I quick shot back- If you wasnt to 'knock' on programs, then let's debate Duke, SMU, etc. Just because Tech hasnt been competative with UGA since Gailey arrived doesnt mean the program as whole sucks. Recent matchups, yeah Uga(g) does have Techs number b/c of Gailey. It's just like when O'Liar (Leary) owned Donnan- If you want to debate entire historys, then Tech is one up. 222-0. John Heisman. Dodd. The Flats. 4 NCs.. Need I continue? THw :uga: !

Archived