Who would you draft?

one

Who would you draft if you needed a QB?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you draft if you needed a QB?

• Matt Leinhart
    • Vince Young
    • Jay Cutler
    • Brodie Croyle
    • Charlie Whitehurst
    • Omar Jacobs
    • Reggie McNeal
    • Kelly Clemens
    • Other

Go ahead and give specifics as to why and when and in what situation.

I chose Whitehurst. Not in the first round of course, but if I could trade back and get more picks and get him in the second or third I think he has as much upside as any one on this list.

Isn't Vince Young just DJ Shockley with a better suppporting cast?

Leinhart...I know he's a jackass...I know he had an incredible cast around him. But I would take Leinhart simply because he's a winner (except for when Bush is pitching balls to no one). I think he's gonna be pretty good in the next level. If I were the Jets thats who I would pick. JMO

Cutler had some very good games, no doubt.

But I just get tired of people using the whole Vandy excuse for every little mistake he made.

He threw some terrible, TERRIBLE INT's for Vandy which cost them some games, including MTSU last year and Vandy's Scout site will tell you the same thing.

One GM on ESPNInsider told them he may throw 30 INT's his first full NFL year.

I would go with Leinert, he looks like the safest bet. I have seen Vince Young play plenty and once he starts getting knicked up by the NFL's 16 game+ season, like Vick...you'll wind up with a mediocre QB at best.

I voted Cutler, horrible ints aside. The Jets do not need to pick Leinert, for some reason I see him being injury prone in the NFL. After the first round I would consider Charlie Whitehurst a steal, he had some great games at Clemson but he had one really bad season, don't know what happened there. Whitehurst is built like your typical NFL dropback passer.

I would take Cutler, because he did well, and had less to work with than the others. And he's a good pro-style prospect.

:au::homer:

I choose Leinart for many of the reasons that have been said He is a winner, like Tom Brady! the throw against Notre Dame this year on forth down and forever was legendary.....and of all the qbs he could play the fastest :big:

I choose Leinart for many of the reasons that have been said He is a winner, like Tom Brady! the throw against Notre Dame this year on forth down and forever was legendary.....and of all the qbs he could play the fastest  :big:

232036[/snapback]

I disagree with that throw...yes, it was "legendary" because the media made it so but no more legendary than 4th and 20 with Cox hitting Devin in the Georgia game. Matter of fact if you watch the replay...that ball was horribly thrown. I was watching "preview of the NFL draft" on ESPN the other day and they also made the same comment. That pass was underthrown with no touch at all....and in most games it would be a definite INT. If you watched some of his games earlier in the season, he made the same mistake more than once with the same type of pass....except more times than none it was patted away or it was an INT.

i voted for brodie.  he should have won the heisman if he had a decent offenseive line.

232152[/snapback]

:blink: Or if he was durable in the least bit....

I choose Leinart for many of the reasons that have been said He is a winner, like Tom Brady! the throw against Notre Dame this year on forth down and forever was legendary.....and of all the qbs he could play the fastest  :big:

232036[/snapback]

I disagree with that throw...yes, it was "legendary" because the media made it so but no more legendary than 4th and 20 with Cox hitting Devin in the Georgia game. Matter of fact if you watch the replay...that ball was horribly thrown. I was watching "preview of the NFL draft" on ESPN the other day and they also made the same comment. That pass was underthrown with no touch at all....and in most games it would be a definite INT. If you watched some of his games earlier in the season, he made the same mistake more than once with the same type of pass....except more times than none it was patted away or it was an INT.

232126[/snapback]

You can down play Leinart all you want but.......he WILL be the first QB taken in the draft and he has a great future, hard to argue with that! :big:

Phil Simms Talking about the QBs

Man, I am weak. Simms makes me lean much more towards Cutler. Much further away from Lenihart.

i am beginning to think that Leinhart has bust written all over him.

Notice the comparison Simms makes between Leinhart and Brady -basically, Leinhart is no where near to being the next Brady.

I don't think a team could go wrong taking either Leinhart or Cutler. Jay may need a little more polishing, but in the long term I don't see the two having vastly different careers. Young, on the other hand, will most likely become a Wide Receiver somewhere in his near future ala Hines Ward.

I voted for the Texans' cheerleaders. Then after returning my tongue to my mouth I would like to bring up the name of Missouri QB Brad Smith.

I voted for the Texans' cheerleaders. Then after returning my tongue to my mouth I would like to bring up the name of Missouri QB Brad Smith.

232308[/snapback]

Brad Smith as a first round qb? I dont think so, he ran a 4.3 40 yard dash at the combine sounds like a reciever to me!

232036[/snapback]

232126[/snapback]

You can down play Leinart all you want but.......he WILL be the first QB taken in the draft and he has a great future, hard to argue with that! :big:

232218[/snapback]

Wasn't the same said about Ryan Leaf a few years ago? Absolutes like this always come back to bite you. see BG about his rants of brodie being named All-SEC before he left UAT....DIDN"T HAPPEN and wasn't close. He may be the first taken, but the kind of career he has is determined by multiple factors, so it MAY or MAY NOT happen.

Now, as far as the QB I'd take, I'd have no problem at all taking Jay Cutler.

Archived