Residence of Bush's parents to be probed

MDM4AU

SPRING VALLEY, Calif. – In this sprawling hilltop community with a breathtaking view of Sweetwater Lake, it was no secret who lived in the 3,000-square-foot house at the corner of Apple Street and Luther Avenue.

That home, residents would tell you, was where Reggie Bush's family lived.

That is, until this weekend, when the family abruptly packed up and vacated the residence – less than 24 hours after Yahoo! Sports approached Bush's mother about information linking the property to Michael Michaels, a man who is alleged to have tried to play a role in steering Bush toward an agent and who also has ties to a sports marketing company.

Days before Bush is expected to be the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft, unanswered questions about the residence and how his mother, stepfather and brother came to live in it within the last year have prompted the University of Southern California to refer the matter to the Pacific-10 Conference for an investigation.

Complete Article At YahooSports

NCAA statutes prohibit student-athletes or their families from receiving extra benefits from professional sports agents, marketing companies or their representatives. A breach of these statutes could result in an athlete being ruled ineligible, and games in which they played could be forfeited.

Wouldn't that be something? :roflol::au:

this kind of complicates things for their quest for the 4peat next year. but im sure the mighty trojans will overcome this adversity and stay a great football program.

Wouldn't that hurt??? :)

:au::homer:

Does that mean we get to be 2004 Nat'l champs by default? De-Fault..the two sweetest words in the English language! De! Fault! De! Fault!

232088[/snapback]

If found guilty they may just have to forfeit every game in the 2005 season, not 2004.

they just interviewed him on ESPNews... he denied everything but completely dodged questions of, "so who was paying rent?" or "why did your family move out this past weekend?" and he just says at the end of the day you'll see we're innocent...

i'm calling BS on that one.. does this mean he has to forfeit the heisman if he's guilty?

Your right about having to forfeit games for 2005. Same thing happened to Bama during the 1993 season. Because Antonio Langham had signed with an agent (and Stallings knew about it), Bama was forced to forfeit all the games he played in.

If....and that is a very big if, this is what it looks like and USC gets in trouble with the NCAA, I would say they too would have to forfeit all of their wins in 2005. Let's hope that while they are digging, they find something from 2004!!! We might get that MNC anyway.

Didn't they also make arrangements for one of their players to get on a charter alumni flight to go see his baby get born after a game.

Mean Im not heartless and understand a father wanting to see his child born, but alumni just can't fly players around.

Don't think it was ever looked into, maybe he paid for the flight.

Listening to Bush interview on Cold Pizza, I actually somewhat believe him

232179[/snapback]

How? What is more convincing than top 5 draft pick having his family living in an agent's house....then as soon as the information was uncovered they move out within 24 hours? At least explain why you somewhat believe this poor soul.

He talked about his parents for months had moved stuff out and that it was far from a one week thing and that he could show payments by his parents for the house

Guys even if they did find something in 2004, we don't get MNC or any of that crap because it's not the NCAA that passes the award down. They won the BCS and AP and Coach's poll Championships. And the BCS Championship is not an NCAA event. Sorry

You can at least admit it sounds very fishy...

232187[/snapback]

Ya, I think it is without doubt

I dunno, I just think there may be another side to it

Guys even if they did find something in 2004, we don't get MNC or any of that crap because it's not the NCAA that passes the award down. They won the BCS and AP and Coach's poll Championships. And the BCS Championship is not an NCAA event. Sorry

232195[/snapback]

But how can an 0-13 team win a BCS championship/AP championship? I don't want a MNC for that..but I was just being silly

I know you are just havin fun and bein silly - I brought this up early with my friends.... but The BCS game was already played. If anything, Oklahoma would've been our MNC champs LOL

Hate pass along what I have heard so take with salt. I have a VERY good friend who lives in Miami area and he had this to say...."The dude that broke the story is from the Miami Herald, and yesterday on the radio said this is just the tip of the iceburg for USC."

I am trying to get some links to the broadcast he said it on. Stand by......

I certainly would think so. If it is as bigs as he supposedly claims it is then that would almost be a career maker for him.

232195[/snapback]

But how can an 0-13 team win a BCS championship/AP championship? I don't want a MNC for that..but I was just being silly

232200[/snapback]

IF and thats a big IF, it uncovers actions from 2004 that warrant forfeiture of games, I would ASSUME the BCS/AP and Coaches would all have a vacated championship. Sort of like what happened to UF back in (I believe) 1984 when they won the SEC and were stripped of the title. There was no official champion crowned in the SEC in 1984 as a result. Not sure if these organizations would take the same kind of action though. Only time will tell.

Looks like things may get more interesting after all. Reading this seems to me that two of USC best players were taking trips to San Diego and staying in 300 per night rooms and getting all kinds of perks but Pete and USC athletic department are going to play innocent to the whole situation. :rolleyes:

Transcripts of parole violation hearings for New Era Sports & Entertainment associate Lloyd Lake not only detail alleged links between the marketing agency and USC running back Reggie Bush but also indicate contact with Trojan offensive tackle Winston Justice during the 2005 college football season.

Linky Linky

Archived