Breaking News!!!!!!!

jumbo

Texan's sign Mario Williams

Wow this is going to change the whole draft :blink: I guess all the experts at Espn dont know everything! :big:

I still cant believe a team would pass on Reggie Bush, but I guess all problems bush has had this week may have impacted the Texan's decision!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Saints have announced that they will not pick Bush, but will atempt to sign Ricky Williams and sign him to an incentive laden contract.

Oh, wait...

Nobody's asking me, but I think this may well go down as one of the biggest mistakes in draft history.

I don't like Reggie, but to pass on him could be apocalyptic for the coaching staff and team executives if this selection is as big a bust as I feel it will be. Don't get me wrong, the kid is talented and will eventually play, but on a team as bad as Texas, they needed to do something that could give their quarterback some help and also be sexy enough to draw fans.

Strikes one and two already. Add in the (I'm sure) fan outrage to come and you've got strike three.

I’m not real surprised. The talk on ESPN last night was that Bush wanted too much money. They wanted something comparable to what Alex Smith received last year. They way they explained it was that there is QB money and there is RB money. (A RB hasn’t been selected #1 overall in 11 years.) You just simply pay a QB more. It was my understanding that the Texans would draft the player (Bush or Williams) they felt they would have the best chance to sign.

Not surprised at all, the talk all week around here was that the Texans were down to Mario and Reggie. The Texans need help on both sides of the ball and have helped themselves offensively during the offseason with picking up Eric Moulds and Jeb Putzier. We have a good RB in Domanick Davis and I am sure they will look to add some depth at RB in the draft. They are also switching to the 4-3 defense under Kubiak, so they need pass rushing ends which they lack, so it makes sense. Plus the guy is 6'7" 295 and runs a 4.7...and gets compared to folks like Julius Peppers.

I would assume we will be picking OL, DL and RB pretty much the rest of the way.

I’m not real surprised.  The talk on ESPN last night was that Bush wanted too much money.  They wanted something comparable to what Alex Smith received last year.  They way they explained it was that there is QB money and there is RB money.  (A RB hasn’t been selected #1 overall in 11 years.)  You just simply pay a QB more.  It was my understanding that the Texans would draft the player (Bush or Williams) they felt they would have the best chance to sign.

232917[/snapback]

Money was not the reason because the Texan's gave Williams more than Alex Smith got from the 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

williams got 54 mil smith got 45!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still say Bush will not be a great running back. He is best suited to catch passes behind the line or about 5 yards out. NFL players are faster and will not let him get to the outside like college teams did. He has never shown that he can run between the tackles, so I'm not completely sold on him as a RB in the NFL. But he is no doubt the most incredible player I've ever seen in college football in the open field.

I'll say it again. The texans are missing out if they don't (didn't) take young. The saints shoulda waited before taking dees and the titans are gonna be the happiest team in the long run.

I'll say it again. The texans are missing out if they don't (didn't) take young. The saints shoulda waited before taking dees and the titans are gonna be the happiest team in the long run.

232959[/snapback]

What you are missing is that neither team needed a qb, The Texan's have a lot of money tied up in David Carr so they are going to give him more time to develop, and the saints just signed Drew Brees and gave him an 8 million dollar bonus so neither team was going to draft Young!

I am well aware of why the first two teams didn't take young. I am also aware that where there is a will there is a way.

I know is williams better be the shiznit or the texans are gonna have egg all over their face.

I meant to say brees on the n.o. thing. It is amazing to me that a team would rush to get a guy coming off of shoulder trouble and untested since when they are holding the #2 pick in the draft with two potential franchise qb's at least on the boards. I'd rather roll the dice with vince young ANY day than brees coming off surgery.

I have to believe that adding young would have been HUGE for either the texans or n.o. if they had the sense to make the necessary moves.

great draft by the texans so far. they avoided reggie bust, got one of the two great defensive players in the draft (hawk's the other), and added an outside linebacker with the speed to cover any tight end. both guys will start immediately, and they'll both improve this team right away. in this division, you measure yourself by the colts and how you can stop the colts. now? the texans have shortened the amount of time manning gets to throw the ball (with an improved pass rush) and you've got another guy who can take away dallas clark/joseph addai/dominic rhodes. great draft so far for them.

reggie bust won't start next year.

Brees shoulder worries the hell out of me.

If he isn't 100%, he will really suck as his arm isnt that great to start off with.

Thank goodness we will have a freaking good running game

i think people will be surprised when they find out he can't. i believed, and still believe, the titans got the better end of the usc two-headed running back. reggie bust has never run well between the tackles... why else would usc have lendale in the game with a national title on the line/almost every time they were in the redzone?

Unless whats his name goes down again and they put the load on bush and he crumbles.

233115[/snapback]

Deuce McAllister?

Archived