The draft

crashman009

Middle of Rd. 6 & no McGlover, or any other AU players accept for McNeil.

I think UA has at least five now.

Terrible for Stanley. Shoulda, coulda stayed for another yr.

Terrible for Stanley. Shoulda, coulda stayed for another yr.

233114[/snapback]

I guess demolishinig the UAT offense doesn't count like it used to back in the 70s when UAT was one of the top programs in the nations and the state.

i'm with you on the benny brazell pick. i mean i just can't understand that at all. devin is faster (sub 4.4 at the combine), bigger (6'2", 204 for devin; 6'1", 173 for benny), and more productive (71 rec, 1233 yards, 9 tds for devin against 17 rec, 340 yards, 3 tds for benny) against the same competition.

seriously what in hell do these people see? i mean, this kinda stuff happens a LOT in these drafts. there are at least 100 or so picks where i can look at the position drafted, the player taken, and name a guy better at the same spot off the top of my head.

take green bay for example. they apparently have an allergy for anyone that played major college football. 2nd round, drafting darryl colledge from boise state at OT. still available? marcus mcneil, andrew whitworth, and winston justice. all of them will most likely be better pros, and they've certainly proved more at this stage of their careers. same team, 6th round they take a safety from fresno (tyrone culver) instead of greg blue who was taken in the same round. i'm sorry. i must have missed mr. culver making tackles against the only good team he played against (usc) when the trojan offense was too busy holding a track meet. the draft is silly.

Archived