UGA in 2006

JohnDeere

I think the 2004 UGA team had just as much if not more talent then the 02 or 05 teams. The 04 UT vs UGA game, UT knew UGA was going to throw it almost  every down. I remember one or two series, Richt had Greene dropping back three straight downs. The result: 3 and out, 3 and out.

If you don't at least threaten to run, passing becomes difficult. Look at all of Spurrier's great passing teams of the late 90s, they still ran the ball effectively.

238007[/snapback]

No argument there.

Richt has made me :no: numerous times in the last 5 years with his play-calling.

It is absurd, stupid, and god awful at times

But hey, it obviously works enough to win

I think we are overemphasizing the pass/run ratio of UGA. While its true that they are a pass first team that will never be mistaken for a smash mouth offense, they are hardly weak in the running department. They certainly have the personnel to have an outstanding running game. It seems to me that they were pretty effective when they ran. I feel as though DCs knew that even though they would pass most of the time, they still had to shut out the run first. Brown, Ware & Lumpkin aren't too shabby.

I think the run will have to support them for a while until they find an identity at QB.

I think we are overemphasizing the pass/run ratio of UGA. While its true that they are a pass first team that will never be mistaken for a smash mouth offense, they are hardly weak in the running department. They certainly have the personnel to have an outstanding running game. It seems to me that they were pretty effective when they ran. I feel as though DCs knew that even though they would pass most of the time, they still had to shut out the run first. Brown, Ware & Lumpkin aren't too shabby.

I think the run will have to support them for a while until they find an identity at QB.

238042[/snapback]

Shockley wasn't too shabby running with the ball either.

It was tough to replace Greene, now Shockley. I am very interested to see what kind of QB Joe T will be?

It was tough to replace Greene, now Shockley.

Woah....wait a minute....was that a compliment? :big:

It was tough to replace Greene, now Shockley.

Woah....wait a minute....was that a compliment? :big:

238066[/snapback]

Shockley carried UGA last year.

I credit the UF loss to him not being in the game.

He kept the Auburn game close to the end, making big play after big play.

I would credit the GT win to alot of plays he made.

WVU, he didn't play well.

Archived