Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

The story of Auburn football in the modern era, starting with the arrival of Coach Pat Dye and an undersized running back through the glory years of the 90's to the failed coup of Coach Tommy Tuberville and the subsequent undefeated season, led by three senior offensive backs that went on to NFL glory.

Starring

Emmanuel Lewis as Lionel "Little Train" James

Alfonso Ribeiro as Carnell "Cadillac" Williams

and

James Wood as Coach Tommy Tuberville

You'll laugh, you'll cry (if you are a Bama fan), you'll cheer as the Tigers win many games through the years and also experience many heartbreaks along the way. You'll cringe as Coach Dye is unseated by a serious of unfortunate events.

Also featuring

Fred Dalton Thompson as Coach Pat Dye

Kurt Russell as Larry Blakeney

Eric LaSalle as Eric Ramsey

Robin Givens as Twilitta Ramsey

Eric Stotlz as Jeff Burger

and in a special appearance

Bo Jackson as Bo Jackson

See the seedy side of college sports as the Auburn administration attempts to ouster the coaching staff following the 2003 season and cheer as Tuberville and his team overcome the odds to deliver the perfect season.

Starring

Harrison Ford as Bobby Petrino

Danny Devito as Al Borges

and, in his feature film debut,

John Pinnette as David Housel

The feel good film of the year!

Also seen in cameo appearnces:

James Taylor as Paul Finebaum

Vern Troyer as Terry Bowden

Michael Clarke Duncan as Tracy Rocker

Feel free to do your own casting and plotlines.

special appreance by

Keith Jackson as former Univ of Alabama Head Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

with

Tom Hanks as present Univ. of Alabama Head Coach Mike "The Flipper" Schula

No, I think Stephen Root would make a better Housel.

Also starring John Malkovich as obsessed trustee Bobby Lowder...

Guest Tigrinum Major

237880[/snapback]

Well-played.

Also starring

Dom DeLuise as Jimmy Rane

Macho Man Randy Savage as Ed Orgeron

Irene Ryan as Lou Holtz

Gary Sinese as Steve Spurrier

Gary Dourdan as Jason Campbell

Adam Brody as Brandon Cox

Luke Perry as Urban Meyer

Senator Fred Thompson as Phil Fulmer

Guest Tigrinum Major

237904[/snapback]

Then who will play Pat Dye, as Fred was my choice for Patrick Fain?

237904[/snapback]

Then who will play Pat Dye, as Fred was my choice for Patrick Fain?

237920[/snapback]

Robert Duvall is a better choice for CPD. I agree, Fred Thompson should play Fulmer.

I thought you had deserted us.

237968[/snapback]

What, and miss out on all the drama that takes place in here? Never. Thanks for not replying to email last week. I went right thru Birmingham Friday on my way home and could have stopped to hang out but nooooooooooooooooooo.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I thought you had deserted us.

237968[/snapback]

What, and miss out on all the drama that takes place in here? Never. Thanks for not replying to email last week. I went right thru Birmingham Friday on my way home and could have stopped to hang out but nooooooooooooooooooo.

237970[/snapback]

Sorry, I was out of town in Fort Benning and Fort Gillem. I got your email while I was in a meeting and then it slipped my mind. Didn't matter, I wasn't working Friday.

I finally got me some ACUs. I get to wear them this Saturday. I feel so active dutyish.

237880[/snapback]

...Gary Sinese as Steve Spurrier...

237902[/snapback]

Hilarious!!!!

Gary Dourdan as Jason Campbell

237902[/snapback]

I gotta call foul on that one. Lionel Richie as Japon Campbell

CD-lionel.jpg

[

I finally got me some ACUs.  I get to wear them this Saturday.  I feel so active dutyish.

237978[/snapback]

So, how do you like having a uniform with velcro on it? Those would have been nice when I was in. Would have saved alot of time getting unit patches sewed on everytime I changed was transferred to another unit.

Yeah, I think Fred Thompson makes a better Phil Fulmer.

I like James Woods as CTT. That is who came to my mind also.

Guest Tigrinum Major

So, how do you like having a uniform with velcro on it? Those would have been nice when I was in. Would have saved alot of time getting unit patches sewed on everytime I changed was transferred to another unit.

238014[/snapback]

I like them. Very comfortable. The only thing I would be concerned with is noise in a covert ops type of situation. Of course, I will never be worried with that, but some of you ranger types would cringe if you were setting up an ambush and one of your guys opened a pocket to grab a magazine and that distinctive velcro sound happened.

I like the IR stuff that you put on when in a combat zone. Hopefully, that will save some lives.

I don't like taking branch insignia off. I like knowing whether I am talking to an infantry guy or a QM type.

238014[/snapback]

I like them. Very comfortable. The only thing I would be concerned with is noise in a covert ops type of situation. Of course, I will never be worried with that, but some of you ranger types would cringe if you were setting up an ambush and one of your guys opened a pocket to grab a magazine and that distinctive velcro sound happened.

I like the IR stuff that you put on when in a combat zone. Hopefully, that will save some lives.

I don't like taking branch insignia off. I like knowing whether I am talking to an infantry guy or a QM type.

238025[/snapback]

I had already thought about the velcro in covert operations, but I have been told be some of my friends that are operators that they are wearing a uniform without the velcro, so that answers that question.

You said they took the branch insignia off for officers? I did not think about that either, but now realize there is nothing on the collar anymore with the rank being on the chest. now. I am with you on that. When I am having to converse with any unfamiliar officer, I like to know where he sits his a-- down everday. :lol:

238014[/snapback]

238025[/snapback]

I had already thought about the velcro in covert operations, but I have been told be some of my friends that are operators that they are wearing a uniform without the velcro, so that answers that question.

You said they took the branch insignia off for officers? I did not think about that either, but now realize there is nothing on the collar anymore with the rank being on the chest. now. I am with you on that. When I am having to converse with any unfamiliar officer, I like to know where he sits his a-- down everday. :lol:

238053[/snapback]

As far as comfort goes, the ACU's are great. There is a lot more mobility in the shoulders area than before with the BDU's. There's a few things I don't like about them that concerns looks but it's not worth whining about. I think we should have just copied the Marines straight up but that's just me. The velcro on the arm pockets could stand to be a little bigger cause my Cav combat patch is so damn big I have to cover up the top third of it with the pocket flap to make room for the American flag. Anyways......

Yeah, I don't like not wearing branch insignia. I like to know when I'm talking to a combat arms officer so I can break out a box of crayons and draw him a picture so he understands what I'm talking about. :big:

238014[/snapback]

238025[/snapback]

238053[/snapback]

As far as comfort goes, the ACU's are great. There is a lot more mobility in the shoulders area than before with the BDU's. There's a few things I don't like about them that concerns looks but it's not worth whining about. I think we should have just copied the Marines straight up but that's just me. The velcro on the arm pockets could stand to be a little bigger cause my Cav combat patch is so damn big I have to cover up the top third of it with the pocket flap to make room for the American flag. Anyways......

Yeah, I don't like not wearing branch insignia. I like to know when I'm talking to a combat arms officer so I can break out a box of crayons and draw him a picture so he understands what I'm talking about. :big:

238193[/snapback]

1st Clue an Officer is Combat Support, he has an M-16 slung under his arm like he is carrying a purse. If he was issued a 9mm, he carries it in the standard issue OD holster on his LBE web belt next to his OD canteen.

1st Clue an Officer is Combat Arms, he is carrying a M-1 or if he was issued a 9mm he has it stuck in the back of his pants under his pants belt or he might have it in Blackhawk holster on his leg if he is about to go out.

Service Support..do they carry weapons?

Archived