Ricky Williams--CFL flop?

quietfan

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5663198

Williams has lackluster CFL debut

TORONTO (AP) - Ricky Williams looked less like an NFL rushing champion and every bit like a running back less than a week into training camp with a new team.

The former Miami Dolphins star was held to just 7 yards on four carries in his first CFL game Friday night as the Hamilton Tiger-Cats defeated the Toronto Argonauts 31-3 in the exhibition opener for both clubs.

"The biggest thing was to see the game, to see the speed of the game and get a feel of what's going to be expected of me," Williams said. "It's hard to do it in a meeting room or the practice field but when you come out here at game speed you have a better idea.

"I did a decent job on pass protection. Obviously I didn't have that many yards running the ball but I felt pretty good about my performance. It felt good, it felt natural. I wasn't nervous, I felt comfortable with the offense."

The game capped a whirlwind week for Williams, who signed a one-year deal with Toronto on Sunday.

Speed of the CFL vs. NFL? Everybody knows that time slows down when you're baked, Ricky! :big:

Poor Ricky - He thought it was the Cannabis Football League. Instead of Cheech and Chong, he's stuck with Bob and Doug, eh?

in his defense, i think he only had a week to practice before his first game. i personally hope he does well up there......... but i am certainly glad our boy Ronnie B. has a chance to shine by himself this fall.

Archived