Phil Steele's top 25

WarTiger

It's funny how you are so trained to put Bama down at every turn in the road that you don't even realize the favor that we did you. Because of the Iron Bowl, AU is being projected as a Top 10 team and even a contender for the national title. The national title! It's like the Wisconsin fiasco didn't even happen. We are THAT respected nationally. This is obvious b/c of the preseason hype that you guys are receiving (and rightfully so). So, if I were you, I'd be playing up last year's Bama squad to make my team look even better. Saying that we weren't any good only takes away from the luster of 05 and would only dim AU's chances in 06.

Anyway, I'm not trying to get into a debate with you over something so trivial. AU was better than us last season and that was proven in the Iron Bowl. However, that doesn't mean that we weren't worth a crap. The facts speak for themselves.

239380[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol: Please tell me you really aren't that arrogant. You actually believe our preseason ranking is a result of beating UAT last year. You honestly believe that UAT is that respected nationally?? hardly. OH, and you did us a favor? Let me guess, shula threw the game on purpose so Auburn could have a high preseason ranking in June 2006? Kind of like Fran did when he knew he was leaving the craptsone, right?? That is absolutely hilarious. I nominate this post for the classics forum immediately. I've seen some arrogant statements from bammers, but this one.... :roflol: arrogance, thy name is bammers...

Now, back to reality.. Auburn is getting the high preseason rankings because we are deep at every position. Yes, we have holes to fill, but everybody does. We have our starting QB returning, the SEC Leading rusher from 2005 returning. We are so deep at RB that we moved one over to defense. We have one of the best secondary units in the SEC. Our OL is among the best. Our preseason ranking this year is based on the fact that in 2005 we were starting an entirely new backfield as a result of the three from 2004 being FIRST ROUNDERS in the NFL draft, and in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year of sorts, we won 9 games... Now, this year those offensive players return, as well as a new leader of our defense. This is why we are ranked so high in June, not because we beat UAT. We beat UAT because we were supposed to.

It's funny how you are so trained to put Bama down at every turn in the road that you don't even realize the favor that we did you. Because of the Iron Bowl, AU is being projected as a Top 10 team and even a contender for the national title. The national title! It's like the Wisconsin fiasco didn't even happen. We are THAT respected nationally. This is obvious b/c of the preseason hype that you guys are receiving (and rightfully so). So, if I were you, I'd be playing up last year's Bama squad to make my team look even better. Saying that we weren't any good only takes away from the luster of 05 and would only dim AU's chances in 06.

Anyway, I'm not trying to get into a debate with you over something so trivial. AU was better than us last season and that was proven in the Iron Bowl. However, that doesn't mean that we weren't worth a crap. The facts speak for themselves.

239380[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol: Please tell me you really aren't that arrogant. You actually believe our preseason ranking is a result of beating UAT last year. You honestly believe that UAT is that respected nationally?? hardly. OH, and you did us a favor? Let me guess, shula threw the game on purpose so Auburn could have a high preseason ranking in June 2006? Kind of like Fran did when he knew he was leaving the craptsone, right?? That is absolutely hilarious. I nominate this post for the classics forum immediately. I've seen some arrogant statements from bammers, but this one.... :roflol: arrogance, thy name is bammers...

Now, back to reality.. Auburn is getting the high preseason rankings because we are deep at every position. Yes, we have holes to fill, but everybody does. We have our starting QB returning, the SEC Leading rusher from 2005 returning. We are so deep at RB that we moved one over to defense. We have one of the best secondary units in the SEC. Our OL is among the best. Our preseason ranking this year is based on the fact that in 2005 we were starting an entirely new backfield as a result of the three from 2004 being FIRST ROUNDERS in the NFL draft, and in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year of sorts, we won 9 games... Now, this year those offensive players return, as well as a new leader of our defense. This is why we are ranked so high in June, not because we beat UAT. We beat UAT because we were supposed to.

239389[/snapback]

By saying that we "did you a favor" doesn't mean that CMS threw the game. You knew I didn't mean that. I'm saying that our meltdown in the Iron Bowl has a lot to do w/ AU's high preseason rankings. The nation saw a Top 10 Tide team get dominated down in Auburn and took note of it. I saw how you conveinently didn't mention the bowl game and how it obviously has had NO effect on the preseason projections for AU...

And yes, I am arrogant. I'm not going to try and hide that. Alabama is respected nationally, it will take many, many, many years of mediocre seasons to overturn that. And no, last year was not a mediocre team so don't even go there...

239380[/snapback]

239389[/snapback]

Now you see why I had a little fun. I knew I could get some classic stuff from Win, Such as "You should be praising our team because we did you a favor"..... Just takes a little push to get the bammer Trailer rolling :roflol::poke:

I'll wager the skinny kid in the dark pink #12 jersey STILL has nightmares about that day.

239380[/snapback]

239389[/snapback]

By saying that we "did you a favor" doesn't mean that CMS threw the game. You knew I didn't mean that. I'm saying that our meltdown in the Iron Bowl has a lot to do w/ AU's high preseason rankings. The nation saw a Top 10 Tide team get dominated down in Auburn and took note of it. I saw how you conveinently didn't mention the bowl game and how it obviously has had NO effect on the preseason projections for AU...

And yes, I am arrogant. I'm not going to try and hide that. Alabama is respected nationally, it will take many, many, many years of mediocre seasons to overturn that. And no, last year was not a mediocre team so don't even go there...

239392[/snapback]

I'll have to weigh in here.

AU's preseason ranking has nothing to do with the margin of victory over Bama. None whatsoever.

Alabama has had many, many years of mediocre seasons. That whole "national respect" thing is an absolute joke. It was overturned a long time ago. Last year's UA team was a mediocre team with a run of scheduling luck

239380[/snapback]

239389[/snapback]

239392[/snapback]

UAT didn't have a meltdown in Auburn, they got exposed for the frauds they were. They got dominated by a superior team so badly it was over BEFORE the first quarter had ended. UAT hasn't been respected nationally since bryant was coach there. Newsflash, he's not there anymore. I won't even get into how he ran his programs(not just at UAT). I'll never understand how anybody outside of Tuscalosa could actually like or respect a man like bryant. Dirty coach, physically abusing his own players, buying players..etc...

Well, lets take a look at the last 10 years....UAT is 71-51 thats good for 58% and 39th in the country, not exactly stellar...five years...37-25, thats 59% winning percentage, and good for 40th in the country. Seems pretty mediocre to me..And in 2005 UAT got 10 wins...yet still was in the middle of the pack in the SEC west....

Not bashing anyone that buys or puts a lot of stock into these mags, but I couldn’t give a rat’s backside about any of the publications.  They end up being more a waste of time money than anything else.  I really don't care who says Auburn will do good or bad.  I don’t need a magazine to get me excited about the team (even on a down year).

Just my 2 cents

239279[/snapback]

I buy the preseason magz for the pictures.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-footba...sideline-spirit

kelly_winner.jpg

239380[/snapback]

239389[/snapback]

239392[/snapback]

UAT didn't have a meltdown in Auburn, they got exposed for the frauds they were. They got dominated by a superior team so badly it was over BEFORE the first quarter had ended. UAT hasn't been respected nationally since bryant was coach there. Newsflash, he's not there anymore. I won't even get into how he ran his programs(not just at UAT). I'll never understand how anybody outside of Tuscalosa could actually like or respect a man like bryant. Dirty coach, physically abusing his own players, buying players..etc...

Well, lets take a look at the last 10 years....UAT is 71-51 thats good for 58% and 39th in the country, not exactly stellar...five years...37-25, thats 59% winning percentage, and good for 40th in the country. Seems pretty mediocre to me..And in 2005 UAT got 10 wins...yet still was in the middle of the pack in the SEC west....

239413[/snapback]

If we were exposed in Auburn, you were exposed in Orlando. I mean, geez, they kneeled on the goalline to stop the bleeding for God's sake. Same situation.

How are we not respected nationally? Y'all were just talking about how 'Bama is always picked to be the "dark horse NC contender." There's a reason for that.

Nice job of picking and choosing the times in the past that help your argument. Whatever happened to the "UA lives in the past!" line? You're not being very consistent. Oh that's right... you probably wanna talk about 1957?

And what do you prove with the little "UAT" line? Yes, we are The University of Alabama and yes it is located in Tuscaloosa. We are the state school... so what are you trying to prove by that? It's a jab that makes no sense.

If we were exposed in Auburn, you were exposed in Orlando. I mean, geez, they kneeled on the goalline to stop the bleeding for God's sake. Same situation.

How are we not respected nationally? Y'all were just talking about how 'Bama is always picked to be the "dark horse NC contender." There's a reason for that.

UAT is not respected nationally because its not the 70's anymore. MANY, MANY teams have been FAR more consistent over the last 25 years than UAT.

UAT isn't even in the top 20 in winning percentage for the last 25 years. ALL of the recognition UAT gets is based on the time period consisting of ONE coach. A coach that had a track record of cheating his way to the top... UAT is NOT always picked to be a darkhorse MNC contender. Look at all the preseason polls this year. UAT had a 10 win season last year, and most of the polls don't have UAT ranked in the top 15, some don't have UAT ranked at all....

Nice job of picking and choosing the times in the past that help your argument. Whatever happened to the "UA lives in the past!" line? You're not being very consistent. Oh that's right... you probably wanna talk about 1957?

see above...and check out this link....

Winning percentage last 25 years

Now, I know you won't like this range either, because it doesn't support your argument either.... You will undoubtedly not accept any range of years unless they include the 70's, which is the only decade that UAT has....

And what do you prove with the little "UAT" line? Yes, we are The University of Alabama and yes it is located in Tuscaloosa. We are the state school... so what are you trying to prove by that? It's a jab that makes no sense.

Well, this is an AUBURN board in case you didn't know that. I can see where it wouldn't make sense to you, I understand. Either way, that smaller school to the west, will always be known as two things....1.) UAT 2.) Our home away from home.

Please tell Gilligan to have the rent check ready when we arrive. We don't like to be kept waiting... OR perhaps you would prefer to be referred to as SPUAT?

UAT is not respected nationally because its not the 70's anymore. MANY, MANY teams have been FAR more consistent over the last 25 years than UAT.

UAT isn't even in the top 20 in winning percentage for the last 25 years. ALL of the recognition UAT gets is based on the time period consisting of ONE coach. A coach that had a track record of cheating his way to the top... UAT is NOT always picked to be a darkhorse MNC contender. Look at all the preseason polls this year. UAT had a 10 win season last year, and most of the polls don't have UAT ranked in the top 15, some don't have UAT ranked at all....

see above...and check out this link....

Winning percentage last 25 years

Now, I know you won't like this range either, because it doesn't support your argument either.... You will undoubtedly not accept any range of years unless they include the 70's, which is the only decade that UAT has....

Well, this is an AUBURN board in case you didn't know that. I can see where it wouldn't make sense to you, I understand. Either way, that smaller school to the west, will always be known as two things....1.) UAT 2.) Our home away from home.

Please tell Gilligan to have the rent check ready when we arrive. We don't like to be kept waiting... OR perhaps you would prefer to be referred to as SPUAT?

239523[/snapback]

I'm not picking any time frames to attempt to prove a meaningless point. But I do take issue with your statement of 'Bama only having the 70's. We didn't just "have the 70's", we we're the 70's. We had 3 national titles and 8 SEC titles in that decade... moving on- in the 60's, we won three NC's and 4 SEC championships. We also had tons of success prior to Bryant's arrival. We've also won a national championship since he left. Have you?

Excellent spin on my UAT question... I know this is an Auburn board, and a good board too. The UAT deal doesn't bother me in any way, I was just wondrin' what the meaning behind it was. There's nothing to it... okay, The University of Alabama is in Tuscaloosa. That cuts me deeply! LOL!!

University of Alabama in Birmingham = UAB, University of Alabama in Huntsville = UAH, Therefore, University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa = UAT.

I'm not picking any time frames to attempt to prove a meaningless point. But I do take issue with your statement of 'Bama only having the 70's. We didn't just "have the 70's", we we're the 70's. We had 3 national titles and 8 SEC titles in that decade... moving on- in the 60's, we won three NC's and 4 SEC championships. We also had tons of success prior to Bryant's arrival.

No you "CLAIM" the MNCs... Thats another discussion that has been rehashed here many, many times...

We've also won a national championship since he left. Have you?

using bammer standards...we've won THREE and TWO undefeated seasons. So the answer is YES... 1983, 1993, and 2004.

Excellent spin on my UAT question... I know this is an Auburn board, and a good board too. The UAT deal doesn't bother me in any way, I was just wondrin' what the meaning behind it was. There's nothing to it... okay, The University of Alabama is in Tuscaloosa. That cuts me deeply! LOL!!

the meaning behind it is simple. Or it should be, its so everybody doesn't get it confused with UAB, and UAH. So, we have UAB, UAH, and UAT...

It's funny how you are so trained to put Bama down at every turn in the road that you don't even realize the favor that we did you.

No training involved. It comes naturally and is re-enforced by casual association with bammers

I'm not picking any time frames to attempt to prove a meaningless point. But I do take issue with your statement of 'Bama only having the 70's. We didn't just "have the 70's", we we're the 70's. We had 3 national titles and 8 SEC titles in that decade... moving on- in the 60's, we won three NC's and 4 SEC championships. We also had tons of success prior to Bryant's arrival.

No you "CLAIM" the MNCs... Thats another discussion that has been rehashed here many, many times...

using bammer standards...we've won THREE and TWO undefeated seasons. So the answer is YES... 1983, 1993, and 2004.

the meaning behind it is simple. Or it should be, its so everybody doesn't get it confused with UAB, and UAH. So, we have UAB, UAH, and UAT...

239549[/snapback]

The NCAA recognizes your mythical titles? Nope. And the NCAA, not a rigged internet poll, recognizes our national championships, so we're not claiming anything that's not rightfully ours...

And don't get mad because we have numerous branch schools. Who knows, if you play your cards right and don't get in any more trouble with SACS, Southern Union might consider merging with you. Wouldn't that be great!

The UAT deal doesn't bother me in any way, I was just wondrin' what the meaning behind it was. There's nothing to it... okay, The University of Alabama is in Tuscaloosa. That cuts me deeply! LOL!!

Obviously it does or you wouldn't have brought it up. :blink:

The NCAA recognizes your mythical titles? Nope. And the NCAA, not a rigged internet poll, recognizes our national championships, so we're not claiming anything that's not rightfully ours...

Actually the NCAA doesn't recognize ANY football championships.

239549[/snapback]

And don't get mad because we have numerous branch schools. Who knows, if you play your cards right and don't get in any more trouble with SACS, Southern Union might consider merging with you. Wouldn't that be great!

239556[/snapback]

First of all, the NCAA doesn't recognize ANY MNC's won or in UAT's case "Claimed" by any school.... You should know that...

Second of all, we have Auburn University at Montgomery, AND have the HIGHEST APR SCORE of any public institution in the country. Which means we beat UAT on the field and OFF the field....LOL

Not bashing anyone that buys or puts a lot of stock into these mags, but I couldn’t give a rat’s backside about any of the publications.  They end up being more a waste of time money than anything else.  I really don't care who says Auburn will do good or bad.  I don’t need a magazine to get me excited about the team (even on a down year).

Just my 2 cents

239279[/snapback]

I buy the preseason magz for the pictures.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-footba...sideline-spirit

kelly_winner.jpg

239454[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol: Now how did AU let HER get away??? Isn't she from Birmingham?

239549[/snapback]

239556[/snapback]

First of all, the NCAA doesn't recognize ANY MNC's won or in UAT's case "Claimed" by any school.... You should know that...

Second of all, we have Auburn University at Montgomery, AND have the HIGHEST APR SCORE of any public institution in the country. Which means we beat UAT on the field and OFF the field....LOL

239564[/snapback]

BINGO ! ! ! AU B E A T S uat on the field and off the field and any other way that a "school" can be BEATEN. (Or should I say DOMINATED?) ;):au:

p.s. 11 SACKS? That's just CRAZY ! ! ! :cheer:

...hum, maybe she got away because Auburn isn't a competitive Cheerleading school? (That comes from someone other than me that would know...for I have no clue). Besides, there's girls that look like that all over Auburn.

Anyways, I can think of another mag. that has "Girls of the SEC" that might be a bit more interesting. I know one of the girls from Auburn in the last "Girls of the SEC" issue.

The University of Alabama is a national leader in the enrollment of National Merit, National Achievement and National Hispanic Scholars, with 145 scholars in the fall 2005 freshman class. These numbers include 72 National Merit Scholars, 13 National Achievement Scholars and 60 National Hispanic Scholars.

Six University of Alabama students were named to the 2006USA Today All-USA College Academic Team, the most of any school in the nation. UA's four-year total of 20 also tops all other colleges and universities.

We had more than the likes of....

Yale

Harvard

Stanford

Brown

Princeton

Dartmouth

Duke

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

The University of Alabama is a national leader in the enrollment of National Merit, National Achievement and National Hispanic Scholars, with 145 scholars in the fall 2005 freshman class. These numbers include 72 National Merit Scholars, 13 National Achievement Scholars and 60 National Hispanic Scholars.

Six University of Alabama students were named to the 2006USA Today All-USA College Academic Team, the most of any school in the nation. UA's four-year total of 20 also tops all other colleges and universities.

Yale

Harvard

Stanford

Brown

Princeton

Dartmouth

Duke

239640[/snapback]

First off, were talking about your athletes.

Second off, clicking your very link...I'm thinking maybe the first sentence was:

The NCAA does not conduct a national championship in Division I-A football and is not involved in the selection process.

You just gave us an unofficial list. By the way, have fun with this also:

"1925 National Championship- Alabama claims they share this one with Dartmouth. Who awarded the NC? Houlgate and Helms. Houlgate started his system in 1927. So Bama won their 1925 NC using a formula that didn't exist until 1927? Helms Athletic Foundation started in 1941. Another incredible retroactive NC.

From College Football Data Warehouse

The Associated Press Poll has been active since 1936. The AP took their final poll prior to bowl games from 1936 - 1964 and in 1966 and 1967. They took their final poll after the bowl games in 1965 and from 1968 - Current.

1926 National Championship- Alabama claims they share this one with 3 other teams with equal or better records! Once again it is the Helms Athletic Foundation in 1941 that awards it!

1930 National Championship- The Davis poll says that Bama tied Notre Dame for NC this year. This was the only one to award it to Bama. Notre Dame was named NC in 6 polls! Parke Davis is another retroactive system! He (an individual, not an organization) did his in 1933!

1934 National Championship- Alabama says they share this with two other teams. The awarders are Dunkel, Williamson, and Football Thesaurus. Dunkel was an individual who came up with his own system. Williamson was a geologist who came up with his own system. Football Thesaurus first appeared in 1946!

1941 National Championship- This is a complete joke. The AP ranked Alabama 20th in the nation with 14 teams with better records in the top 20. Once again it is the Football Thesaurus that retroactively awards it. Alabama finished 3rd in the SEC that year.

1961 National Championship- Finally a legitimate NC. One poll didn't give it to Bama though. 1964 National Championship- While the AP did award the NC to Bama (10-1-0), Arkansas had the better record, 11-0. Alabama played Texas in their bowl and LOST. The AP final poll was before the bowl.

1965 National Championship- The AP gave this to Bama. That year there were three teams with better records than Bama. Bama 9-1-1, Michigan St 10-1-0, Arkansas 10-1-0, Nebraska 10-1-0.

1973 National Championship- AP puts Bama 4th after their bowl game loss. Bama claims a NC from the UPI poll that was taken before they met Notre Dame in the bowl game and lost. There were 3 teams with better records than Bama that year. The embarrassment of naming Alabama number one caused the UPI to name champions after bowl games.

1978 National Championship- AP gives this to Alabama(11-1-0) even though USC (12-1-0) had the better record Guess who Alabama lost to that year? USC!!!!!!!!!. UPI gave the NC to USC.

1979 National Championship- Their second legitimate NC. Their first Unanimous NC.

1992 National Championship- Their third legitimate NC. Their second Unanimous NC.

History of polls - http://www.volsfootball.com/history.html

Polling systems - http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football...s.html#HOULGATE "

Just look at ole 1941 and you'll realize the laugh is on you, not us.

National Hispanic Scholars?? What is this, the one Mexican brave enough to leave Oneonta or Cullman so he could learn how to order from Taco Bell in english? OK that joke may be in bad taste but anyone familiar with either place will find its humor.

On a different note, wincrimson I have been absent from this very fine forum and very much second home for the last month or a little more. (blue screen of death) So, I am not that familiar with what kind of bammer you are so take this as my opinion not a comment made at you, I try not to take shots at those I am unfamiliar with.

I will say UAT had a good half of a team the D was good if not very good, but look at without your dark pink glasses, UAT is very lucky to have been 10-2 and not 7-5. One unlucky bounce with Ole Miss, UT, Southern Miss and/or TT, and last season is a vividly different story. Yes luck is a part of college football I am very much aware of that fact and Auburn has benefited from that just like everyone else on occasion.

Where you and I will run into a colossal road block in our opinions is you thinking UAT had anything to do with our high preseason ranking. Auburn is ranked so high for a few reasons, One this is a team that had a QB making his first start even opening day against a better than average Tech team. Yes it resulted in a L but we were in that game from start to finish, what followed that game you ask? Only a dominating performance against the next 5 teams 3 of which were SEC schools, including a utter pounding administered to :usc: which beat a UF team that most of the bammer nation hangs a hat on as a great moment in its own season. An epic battle with LSU in Baton Rouge, that ended in heart break. To close the season a big win in Athens and the utter humiliation of a UAT team. Yes we had a bad game/day against Wisconsin, but the reason we are ranked so high is almost all of the players who had a hand in this a grand season outside a opening mishap and a bowl game where we were to full of the hype is BACK. Unlike a bama team who looking to replace the core of a defense and replace skill players on a offense that was anemic on its best day.

Now don't get me wrong I am not saying Auburn will win it all, run the table, or any of that jazz. However, Brandon Cox, Kenny Irons, Quentin Groves, David Iron, Courtney Taylor, Will Herring, King Dunlap, and Co. will wreck more than a few heads this season and UAT's head just like everyone else is square in this teams sights and if bammer and the rest of the SEC is not worried yet they should be.

Yale

Harvard

Stanford

Brown

Princeton

Dartmouth

Duke

239640[/snapback]

First off, were talking about your athletes.

Second off, clicking your very link...I'm thinking maybe the first sentence was:

The NCAA does not conduct a national championship in Division I-A football and is not involved in the selection process.

You just gave us an unofficial list. By the way, have fun with this also:

"1925 National Championship- Alabama claims they share this one with Dartmouth. Who awarded the NC? Houlgate and Helms. Houlgate started his system in 1927. So Bama won their 1925 NC using a formula that didn't exist until 1927? Helms Athletic Foundation started in 1941. Another incredible retroactive NC.

From College Football Data Warehouse

The Associated Press Poll has been active since 1936. The AP took their final poll prior to bowl games from 1936 - 1964 and in 1966 and 1967. They took their final poll after the bowl games in 1965 and from 1968 - Current.

1926 National Championship- Alabama claims they share this one with 3 other teams with equal or better records! Once again it is the Helms Athletic Foundation in 1941 that awards it!

1930 National Championship- The Davis poll says that Bama tied Notre Dame for NC this year. This was the only one to award it to Bama. Notre Dame was named NC in 6 polls! Parke Davis is another retroactive system! He (an individual, not an organization) did his in 1933!

1934 National Championship- Alabama says they share this with two other teams. The awarders are Dunkel, Williamson, and Football Thesaurus. Dunkel was an individual who came up with his own system. Williamson was a geologist who came up with his own system. Football Thesaurus first appeared in 1946!

1941 National Championship- This is a complete joke. The AP ranked Alabama 20th in the nation with 14 teams with better records in the top 20. Once again it is the Football Thesaurus that retroactively awards it. Alabama finished 3rd in the SEC that year.

1961 National Championship- Finally a legitimate NC. One poll didn't give it to Bama though. 1964 National Championship- While the AP did award the NC to Bama (10-1-0), Arkansas had the better record, 11-0. Alabama played Texas in their bowl and LOST. The AP final poll was before the bowl.

1965 National Championship- The AP gave this to Bama. That year there were three teams with better records than Bama. Bama 9-1-1, Michigan St 10-1-0, Arkansas 10-1-0, Nebraska 10-1-0.

1973 National Championship- AP puts Bama 4th after their bowl game loss. Bama claims a NC from the UPI poll that was taken before they met Notre Dame in the bowl game and lost. There were 3 teams with better records than Bama that year. The embarrassment of naming Alabama number one caused the UPI to name champions after bowl games.

1978 National Championship- AP gives this to Alabama(11-1-0) even though USC (12-1-0) had the better record Guess who Alabama lost to that year? USC!!!!!!!!!. UPI gave the NC to USC.

1979 National Championship- Their second legitimate NC. Their first Unanimous NC.

1992 National Championship- Their third legitimate NC. Their second Unanimous NC.

History of polls - http://www.volsfootball.com/history.html

Polling systems - http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football...s.html#HOULGATE "

Just look at ole 1941 and you'll realize the laugh is on you, not us.

239666[/snapback]

I have seen this list posted before but it NEVER get old thanks so much for a great post :big:

If Bama has all these Merit Scholars and what not, then why is Auburn still ranked as the better academic school?

Archived