I'm sure that someone will tell me...

TexasTiger

how Bush bears no responsibility for this. "What do you expect. It's not like he's the President, or something...uh, wait a minute."

Illegal Hiring Is Rarely Penalized

Politics, 9/11 Cited in Lax Enforcement

By Spencer S. Hsu and Kari Lydersen

Washington Post Staff Writers

Monday, June 19, 2006; Page A01

The Bush administration, which is vowing to crack down on U.S. companies that hire illegal workers, virtually abandoned such employer sanctions before it began pushing to overhaul U.S. immigration laws last year, government statistics show.

Between 1999 and 2003, work-site enforcement operations were scaled back 95 percent by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, which subsequently was merged into the Homeland Security Department. The number of employers prosecuted for unlawfully employing immigrants dropped from 182 in 1999 to four in 2003, and fines collected declined from $3.6 million to $212,000, according to federal statistics.

In 1999, the United States initiated fines against 417 companies. In 2004, it issued fine notices to three.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...?referrer=email

Supply and demand, my capitalist friends. End the demand, watch the supply dry up. Or we could build a big fence and dare the illegal immigrants to, "bring it on."

As I said before, Let the building begin. Sell tickets for law-abiding Americans to sit on the wall and shoot anybody that tries to cross. Let a few corpses pile up and they'll get the idea.

As I said before, Let the building begin. Sell tickets for law-abiding Americans to sit on the wall and shoot anybody that tries to cross. Let a few corpses pile up and they'll get the idea.

241775[/snapback]

You don't wear a WWJD bracelet, do you? :blink:

241775[/snapback]

You don't wear a WWJD bracelet, do you? :blink:

241776[/snapback]

It's on my coach's whistle. It reminds me to only make their eyes water. No crying allowed. I don't wear it on illegal alien hunting day. :rolleyes:

how Bush bears no responsibility for this.  "What do you expect.  It's not like he's the President, or something...uh, wait a minute."

The Bush administration, which is vowing to crack down on U.S. companies that hire illegal workers, virtually abandoned such employer sanctions before it began pushing to overhaul U.S. immigration laws last year, government statistics show.

Between 1999 and 2003, work-site enforcement operations were scaled back 95 percent by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, which subsequently was merged into the Homeland Security Department. The number of employers prosecuted for unlawfully employing immigrants dropped from 182 in 1999 to four in 2003, and fines collected declined from $3.6 million to $212,000, according to federal statistics.

In 1999, the United States initiated fines against 417 companies. In 2004, it issued fine notices to three.

Supply and demand, my capitalist friends. End the demand, watch the supply dry up. Or we could build a big fence and dare the illegal immigrants to, "bring it on."

241771[/snapback]

Hate to rain on your hate Bush parade, but I just had to throw out an idea here. Given the time period this little piece covers and the damning drop in illegal immigrant raids towards the end of the period; is it plausible to consider that resources that would have been used to track down these soon-to-be democrat voters prior to the end of 2001 were diverted to tracking terrorists? Sounds logical to me.

Seems like the democrats "other" friends, Abu and Ansar, bear most of the responsibility for this. But then again, hating the President is too hip.

The recent enforcement of immigration laws in geared to favor the GOP in the upcoming elections (base rattling). It's political move in response to recent polls favoring enforcement. It's apparent that American's would love to see all of our laws enforced. We must to rid our government of both parties.

how Bush bears no responsibility for this.  "What do you expect.  It's not like he's the President, or something...uh, wait a minute."

241771[/snapback]

Hate to rain on your hate Bush parade, but I just had to throw out an idea here. Given the time period this little piece covers and the damning drop in illegal immigrant raids towards the end of the period; is it plausible to consider that resources that would have been used to track down these soon-to-be democrat voters prior to the end of 2001 were diverted to tracking terrorists? Sounds logical to me.

Seems like the democrats "other" friends, Abu and Ansar, bear most of the responsibility for this. But then again, hating the President is too hip.

241811[/snapback]

I knew I could count on you for a lame excuse! Now, instead we are talking of spending far more resources to build a multibillion dollar wall. Enforcement can pay for itself:

The number of employers prosecuted for unlawfully employing immigrants dropped from 182 in 1999 to four in 2003, and fines collected declined from $3.6 million to $212,000

241771[/snapback]

241811[/snapback]

I knew I could count on you for a lame excuse! Now, instead we are talking of spending far more resources to build a multibillion dollar wall. Enforcement can pay for itself:

The number of employers prosecuted for unlawfully employing immigrants dropped from 182 in 1999 to four in 2003, and fines collected declined from $3.6 million to $212,000

241826[/snapback]

Not So. Volunteers will perform the enforcement. They'll even bring their own food.

241771[/snapback]

241811[/snapback]

241826[/snapback]

I'm with CCTAU, drop them as they cross. Word will soon spread to the others and we'll soon be through with the illegal immigration problem. Bullets cost less than concrete or chain link fence.

Unlike you, I don't drop this at the feet of one man simply because my candidate lost the election. The illegal immigrant problem goes back many many many many years. You guys act like Mexicans just started swimming the Rio Grande and crossing the desert after January 2001.

Enforcement can pay for itself:

241826[/snapback]

There you go trying to be logical again, Tex! :big:

The good news, of course, is that since New York City is apparently no longer a terrorist target (based on the Feds' decision to strip of NY's money from the Homeland Security budget) maybe we can use that freed up cash to actually enforce the immigration laws.

But I agree with TIS that the immigration problem goes back many years. We don't need new laws to deal with it, however. We need to enforce the ones that have been on the books for most of those years--which means funding INS and other law enforcement agencies at the level required to do the job.

As far as the "shoot 'em at the border" theory, maybe we should go one step further and offer bounties on their scalps. ...worked against the Native Americans. <_<

If they knew there wouldnt be any corporate jobs available. They would just go after those non-corporate, under the radar jobs. The contract labor jobs in construction and etc.

Dont get me wrong I think that anyone that hires them should be fined out of business.

The good news, of course, is that since New York City is apparently no longer a terrorist target (based on the Feds' decision to strip of NY's money from the Homeland Security budget) maybe we can use that freed up cash to actually enforce the immigration laws.

From that statement alone, you have proven to be a ring in the nose librul. Go research the whole story and you'll see that new York got stripped of nothing.

Archived