AU Student Tix (Seniors Only) Went on Sale Today

RadioWryn

At 9:00 this morning, student tickets went on sale for football to seniors only at Auburn. (Juniors order next week, sophomores the week after, etc.)

The system was never really up and running until 9:03. I quickly got my home season ticket and every road game.

At 9:04, Bama tickets (for students) ran out. Unbelievable.

At 9:00 this morning, student tickets went on sale for football to seniors only at Auburn.  (Juniors order next week, sophomores the week after, etc.)

The system was never really up and running until 9:03.  I quickly got my home season ticket and every road game.

At 9:04, Bama tickets (for students) ran out.  Unbelievable.

242220[/snapback]

I got my bama ticket too. they must have only released 500 or so to students. sales price was $60, that means resale will approach $200 this year. wouldn't sell mine for the world.

South Carolina tickets sold out at 9:10, according to another report.

242260[/snapback]

If this is true, the school may as well cancel classes on that Thursday because aint noboby going to be at class. I know I wouldn't be if I was still in school.

I got out of class early and walked over the Broun and into the computer lab. I realized then I'd forgotten about getting someone to grab my tickets for me so I sat down and logged in as everyone else kept refreshing and waiting for the system to open up to purchase tickets. I went to the tickets page and was the first in the lab to get into the ticket site (it went straight through the 1st time, perfect timing). I got my season tickets and Bama ticket and left to take my Emag II test.

I should have 2 Iron Bowl tickets to trade for non-AU section tickets after trading with a friend. (My season for his Bama.)

The tickets are first come first serve and Seniors get priority. I don't buy the 9:04 Bama tickets were sold out cuz I got in at around 9:06 (server kept saying it was busy) and got all the games. My best friend got them around 9:09 and he was in Texas.

Obviously they have too many students at Auburn now. They need to cut back the number of students so it doesn't marginalize the experience for the rest of them.

Why should cutting the # of students have an effect on the experience? If they don't get accepted - they don't get an experience at all. Either way, there are still the same # of tickets being sold and the same # of students living an experience. We need more students than Alabama to stay ahead of those terds. It's an incentive to stay at Auburn and look forward to pursuing your degree. I had to wait 3 years before I got my first Alabama ticket (cuz of a friend) and 5 years to get my first real Alabama ticket for myself as a senior. It rewards seniority. Even if you have only 5000 students, not everyone is going to get a Bama / UGA ticket.

When was at Auburn, almost every Freshman through Senior got tickets. Auburn can't support more than 20,000 students. Next thing you know they start paving over all the grass areas for parking places and they over-develop the whole town.

When was at Auburn, almost every Freshman through Senior got tickets.  Auburn can't support more than 20,000 students.  Next thing you know they start paving over all the grass areas for parking places and they over-develop the whole town.

242444[/snapback]

Everybody will get tickets for home that wants them - obviously Auburn can't supply 20k tickets to every student for every road game.

Yeah there is a big difference between home and away games. Alabama only sold out because it was an away game. Auburn has no control over how many tickets they get for that game...and Auburn would have to have only like 1,000 students if everybody was to get away game tickets.

Wishbone, I doubt every student got away game tickets when you went here. Unless nobody wanted away game tickets for some reason.

Everybody will get home season tickets this year, just like every other year.

Wishbone, I doubt every student got away game tickets when you went here. Unless nobody wanted away game tickets for some reason.

242459[/snapback]

Maybe it was just too long of a long road trip back then, having to ride trains and everything........

I am a bit confused by that streyder license plate. It says "UDRCVR", which to me says "you the receiver?" So streyder, does that make you the giver?

Yeah there is a big difference between home and away games. Alabama only sold out because it was an away game. Auburn has no control over how many tickets they get for that game...and Auburn would have to have only like 1,000 students if everybody was to get away game tickets.

242459[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe everyone has gotten home tickets for several years. I know starting in either 02 or 03 they started offering the mini-packages for people that registered late. They only included the name the score games, but not the LSU or UGA type games.

I am a bit confused by that streyder license plate.  It says "UDRCVR", which to me says "you the receiver?"  So streyder, does that make you the giver?

242472[/snapback]

I'm a UA fan who attends AU. Therefore:

"UDRCVR" = "Udder Cover" = "Under Cover"

Guest Tigrinum Major

All you current and recent former students who never had to wait in line for tickets or go through Drop and Add at Haley Center are a sight bit poorer for it.

Good times, I tell you. Switching turns standing in line while you and your friends went to class. Camping out for spots in classes. I miss it so.

Not all students receive home tickets anymore. The offer the mini season but is is the worst deal ever. You dont get any SEC games and you dont get Wash St either. Basically it is the games that you could ask around and get a free student ticket from a buddy who isnt going.

242459[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe everyone has gotten home tickets for several years. I know starting in either 02 or 03 they started offering the mini-packages for people that registered late. They only included the name the score games, but not the LSU or UGA type games.

242493[/snapback]

You are right about the mini-ticket package...but I've never met anyone who had to order that package who ordered the day they went on sale.

Basically, if you care enough to order the day they go on sale, you will get a ticket.

I've never had trouble getting the full season ticket package as a freshmen/sophmore.. Just log on when its your time, and you'll eventually get it.

All you current and recent former students who never had to wait in line for tickets or go through Drop and Add at Haley Center are a sight bit poorer for it. 

Good times, I tell you.  Switching turns standing in line while you and your friends went to class.  Camping out for spots in classes.  I miss it so.

242526[/snapback]

I'm sure you remember the feeling of the warm sun against your brow as you ride your horse and buggy into the sunset, too. :D

Im in pharmacy school now and I never had any trouble getting tickets but that is because I am sitting there at 9:01 with my finger on the mouse. When I was a freshman there was no mini season and even Freshmen got tickets. I think they finally sold out of student tickets like a week before school started that year. Increased numbers of freshmen without increasing the section size has made the mini season necessary. The sad thing about the mini season is that they just oversell the student section for those games because they know everyone who got the full package wont show up.

Good times, I tell you.  Switching turns standing in line while you and your friends went to class.  Camping out for spots in classes.  I miss it so.

242526[/snapback]

I'm sure you remember the feeling of the warm sun against your brow as you ride your horse and buggy into the sunset, too. :D

242625[/snapback]

Gonna have to go with TM here. The ticket windows at B.E. 's would open up about 10:00 in the morning. We had camped there from the previous afternoon with a cooler. You are correct TM....Good times!

242526[/snapback]

242625[/snapback]

Gonna have to go with TM here. The ticket windows at B.E. 's would open up about 10:00 in the morning. We had camped there from the previous afternoon with a cooler. You are correct TM....Good times!

242647[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree. I just get my digs in where I can.

Archived