Team Summer Work Outs

TigerfanKM

I have a subscription to Rivals and just viewed their video of our boys summer workout, players only of course. It was 7 on 7 passing drills and I thought I would share a few observations. First, most were young guys, either red shirted FR or True FR. But they all looked very cut and fit. Montez Billings showed great speed, moves, and hands!! Benjamin Tate already has a unbelievable physique and showed great speed and hands!! Danger, Danger SEC! It was also amazing to watch someone as big as Gabe McKenzie move so quick - gonna be a great TE!!

Prechae put a nasty move on and appears to be also in amazing shape!! I predict a super year for him!! Tim Hawthorne showed a lot of moves and excellent hands - he is gonna be special. I am already getting soooo pumped for the first game!! War Eagle fellow tiger fans!!

Thanks for the info! I'm sure these guys are getting a double dose of Coach Yox about now. Just think, he's not through with them yet. By fall they will be in better shape than they ever dreamed was possible.

It does get you pumped up for fall, doesn't it?

At a Quantum Communications dinner a couple of weeks ago, CTT said watch out for Billings, b/c he had really improved in the offseason getting bigger and faster and improving his skills.

Carl Stewart has come back from the offseason looking like Superman. I mean impressively big for a RB. He is supposed to be the new starting FB, the Ronnie Brown role. I just hope he can catch the ball.

Carl Stewart has come back from the offseason looking like Superman. I mean impressively big for a RB. He is supposed to be the new starting FB, the Ronnie Brown role. I just hope he can catch the ball.

242901[/snapback]

Carl is often left out of conversations about AU's rb situation. I stated, when he was recruited, that he would be something special. The guy is a straight A student and a heck of a football player. Running Back "U" is in very good shape! :au:

I love our running back situation, and as long as CAB spreads the wealth as impressively as he has been, we will continue to benefit - why not be a marquee back at a school where you get all the recognition, but not worn into the ground?

WDE!!!

242901[/snapback]

I thought I heard that he was supposed to have the best hands among the RB's?

242901[/snapback]

I thought I heard that he was supposed to have the best hands among the RB's?

242998[/snapback]

Let's hope. He is unbelievably built and cut. Wish I could share pics. You guys need the Rivals Sub.

If nothing else, http://auburn.rivals.com/ go there and see if they have a free seven day tryout.

Did you watch the interview with Courtney Taylor? If so who did he think was the most underrated player on the team?

242901[/snapback]

Dude is an accomplished concert violinist...I am sure he can catch the ball.

Did you watch the interview with Courtney Taylor? If so who did he think was the most underrated player on the team?

243665[/snapback]

Karibi Dede....and he said it wasn't even close.

242901[/snapback]

243691[/snapback]

Uh...what?

How do you make that connection?

242901[/snapback]

243691[/snapback]

Uh...what?

243716[/snapback]

Cause unlike some people he reads the links.

Link for the short bus lieyer

242901[/snapback]

243691[/snapback]

Uh...what?

243716[/snapback]

Cause unlike some people he reads the links.

Link for the short bus lieyer

243787[/snapback]

Yeah, I read the article. I understand that Carl plays the violin. My question was:

How does one make the logical leap from violin player to ball catcher?

Being proficient at one has exactly zero to do with being proficient at the other.

I would contend that something like playing the violin requires great finger and hand dexterity. Last time I checked you couldn't be skillet hands and catch very well.

I would contend that something like playing the violin requires great finger and hand dexterity.  Last time I checked you couldn't be skillet hands and catch very well.

243800[/snapback]

Way to go, stretch. :rolleyes:

Guest Tigrinum Major

I am a good basketball referee because I have a vast knowledge of the rules of the game, but I can't play for aMm.

I side with the barrister. One fact does not make the other assumption true.

Hopefully he can catch the ball. But I know as a kid playing sand lot ball - the kid who played violin was usually selected last, and it wasn't due to his great ability to catch the ball ;) (kidding)

I am a good basketball referee because I have a vast knowledge of the rules of the game, but I can't play for aMm. 

I side with the barrister.  One fact does not make the other assumption true.

243808[/snapback]

Ouch, way to hurt the credibility of my argument. :poke:

Hopefully he can catch the ball.  But I know as a kid playing sand lot ball - the kid who played violin was usually selected last, and it wasn't due to his great ability to catch the ball ;)   (kidding)

243816[/snapback]

Somehow I don't see Carl Stewart being picked last at anything. And judging from his build, I also don't see anyone on the playground making fun of him for playing the violin either...at least not to his face! :lol:

Actually, the violin had a major role in his recruitment. He decided on Auburn over UT(k) after Fulmer asked him if he could play Rocky Top on his fiddle. (That and the powdered sugar fingerprints Phil left on the violin)

Archived