All time team - Defense

BamaGrad03

Alright here's another one. You got 11 guys to pick from all time. And you are the defensive coordinator...who do you go with? (based on college career)

LCB - Deon Sanders - FSU

RCB - Charles Woodson - UM

FS - Ronnie Lott - USC

SS - Roy Williams - OU

DE - Terrel Suggs - ASU

DE - Reggie White - UT

DT - Warren Sapp - UM

DT - Joe Green - Texas St

LB - Derrick Thomas - UA

LB - Lavar Arrington - PSU

LB - Pat Tillman - ASU

DE - Reggie White - Pitt

243395[/snapback]

I think he went to UT, didn't he?

I'm not sure I'd put Pat Tillman on that list, either

DE - Reggie White - Pitt

243395[/snapback]

I think he went to UT, didn't he?

I'm not sure I'd put Pat Tillman on that list, either

243397[/snapback]

Could be Hugh Green DE Pitt. He was the runner up to George Rogers for the Heisman in 1980.

This list looks only covers 20 years or so. When you look at linebackers you have to fo back further to include Dick Butkus, Tommy Nobis and Hacksaw Reynolds who were great collegians as well as pros, defensive lineman like Bubba Smith, Merlin Olson and Randy White to name a few. Many others that I can't remember.

I'd replace Tillman with The Boz. His pro career was s***, but he played MLB in college like no other.

Lott was a bad-a**, but I'd put kenny easley from UCLA at FS. In college he lit people up at a 2:1 rate compared to lott.

Suggs??? No way. Auburn and bammer have had several DEs that were better than that guy. Aundray Bruce was phenominal to watch in college.

I'd replace Tillman with The Boz. His pro career was s***, but he played MLB in college like no other.

Lott was a bad-a**, but I'd put kenny easley from UCLA at FS. In college he lit people up at a 2:1 rate compared to lott.

Suggs??? No way. Auburn and bammer have had several DEs that were better than that guy. Aundray Bruce was phenominal to watch in college.

243454[/snapback]

Julius Peppers was also considered for suggs' spot.

Yea, I believe Mr. Peppers would have to make someone's list. As far as safety's go, I'd also consider Steve Atwater when it comes to pure de-cleating action.

Dwight Freeman (DE) from Syracuse was dominating at the college level and his pro career has been very good too.

Don't forget Buddy McClinton, Larry Willingham and Tommy Wilcox. These were very good College DBs. Willingham was also all pro with the Cardinals. Dick Butkus was a monster during his days at ILL. Don't know how to limit to so few.

Dwight Freeman (DE) from Syracuse was dominating at the college level and his pro career has been very good too.

243466[/snapback]

Thanks Stat, I couldn't remember Freeny's name for some reason before. Freeny and Peppers were mammoths in College from the DE spot. Not to take anything away from Pollack, but they had the size and speed to be in the backfield every play, they just didn't have the supporting cast that Pollack had to keep the heat off.

Butkus would be my starter at MLB, with Jason Miska backing him up :big:

No Tracy Rocker???????????????????????????????

243488[/snapback]

I was just gonna say that...and what about Ted "The Stork" Hendricks???

:au::homer:

I hesitate to assess guys who played before I was born. That said, the All-Time College Football Defense, Post-1980, is . . . (suuuurvey SAYS):

DE - Hugh Green, Pitt

DT - Tracy Rocker, Auburn :cheer:

DT - Reggie White, Tennessee

DE - Dwight Freeney, Syracuse

LB - Lawrence Taylor, UNC

LB - Chris Spielman, Ohio St

LB - Brian Bosworth, Oklahoma :angry:

CB - Charles Woodson, Michigan

CB- Deion Sanders, Florida State

S - Roy Williams, Oklahoma

S - Kenny Easley, UCLA

I'd take Ed Reed over Roy Williams any day.  The guy was a total ball hawk.

243851[/snapback]

Ed Reed = Better Pro Career

Roy Williams = Better College Career

Ed Reed = Better Pro Career

Roy Williams = Better College Career

I would have to disagree sir. Reed saved Miami's perfect season on more than one occassion. The guys at Boston College can tell you all about Ed.

Archived