Last monkey off the back?

StatTiger

Tuberville is clearly a much more polished HFC than when he arrived in 1999. Obviously there is no such thing as a "perfect" coach but one "monkey" remaining on CTT's back is our play in non-con games, excluding bowl games.

Here are the records of our HFC's against NC D1 opponents with winning records, excluding bowl games:

Jordan: 19-10-1 against .670 competition

Barfield: 3-8-0 against .651 competition

Dye: 17-8-0 against .701 competition

Bowden: 5-1-0 against .706 competition

Tuberville: 3-6-0 against .697 competition

Hopefully, this will be the season we put "preseason" game comments to rest.

Dude, you are a stat fanatic. You need to become a stat guy or something for the university or for college football. You could be getting paid big bucks for all the information you give out for free. I am always amazed at the detail you put into this and scenerios you come up with.

Another monkey on TT's back is Florida, he is 1-5 overall and 1-4 at Auburn.

244512[/snapback]

DOHHHH!!!! :homer: Beat me to it . . .

Also, I'm thinking back to 1999, and I can only come up with 5 non-conf regular season losses - Syracuse ('01) and two each to USC ('02 and '03) and Ga Tech :angry: ('03 and '05). (Plus losses to Michigan, UNC and Wiscy in bowls.)

Not doubting Stat, I just can't remember the sixth one - refresh me??

Not doubting Stat, I just can't remember the sixth one - refresh me??

244541[/snapback]

JB33,

You're correct. I included the Wisconsin game from last season by mistake. I did not update my score spreadsheet to include the Wisconsin game as a bowl game, when I sorted the data. CTT is indeed 3-5, excluding bowl games.

Thanks!

Holy Crap!!!

You keep all this information on a spread sheet????

Damn, I gotta start taking more Excel classes or something.....

We definitely need to pick it up against non-conference foes. We always talk about being the best conference and all that, but we have been struggling as a conference against non-conference competition for a few years now.

Hopefully you will forward this valuable info to CTT.

Hopefully he will be pissed off.

Hopefully it will become very important

The kids are embarassed by the Wisconsin loss, big time embarassed.

The preseason games comment has everyone at :au: concerned we play a decent team first game.

Wazzu will come in here higher than a Georgia pine after the coach lost his wife. Believe me, if we dont have our jocks on, we will be 0-3 versus the PAC-10. They will throw everything but the kitchen sink at us.

The kids are embarassed by the Wisconsin loss, big time embarassed.

The preseason games comment has everyone at :au: concerned we play a decent team first game.

Wazzu will come in here higher than a Georgia pine after the coach lost his wife. Believe me, if we dont have our jocks on, we will be 0-3 versus the PAC-10. They will throw everything but the kitchen sink at us.

Archived