Top Offensive Minds in NCAA

one

IN memory of Randy Walker, a great, innovative offensive coach who do ya'll think is the tope offensive minds in NCAA (coordinators and head coaches)? I guess, to put it another way, who would be your top ten or so choices to design an offense for your team and call the plays?

1. Bobby Petrino.

2. Jeff Tedford.

3. Al Borges.

4. Charlie Weis.

5. Steve Spurrier.

6. Mike Leach

7. Rich Rodriguez

8. Urban Meyer.

9. Mark Richt

10. Pat Hill.

11. Jimbo Fisher

-567859599. Noel Mazzone

Honorable Mention Dan Hawkins, Dirk Koetter

I put a higher premium on NFL talent development than most people do. I think that one of the highest marks of a succesful football program is NFL success. I am sure I will get blasted for not having Borges at the top, and the truth is the top three are pretty interchangable. For now, since Borges is the current AU guy on the list, for AU, he would be my choice. (and I do like the results he has gotten from our offense better than the results that Petrino got).

IN memory of Randy Walker, a great, innovative offensive coach who do ya'll think is the tope offensive minds in NCAA (coordinators and head coaches)? I guess, to put it another way,  who would be your top ten or so choices to design an offense for your team and call the plays?

1. Bobby Petrino.

2. Jeff Tedford.

3. Al Borges.

4. Charlie Weis.

5. Steve Spurrier.

6. Mike Leach

7. Rich Rodriguez

8. Urban Meyer.

9. Mark Richt

10. Pat Hill.

11. Jimbo Fisher

-567859599. Noel Mazzone

Honorable Mention Dan Hawkins, Dirk Koetter

I put a higher premium on NFL talent development than most people do. I think that one of the highest marks of a succesful football program is NFL success. I am sure I will get blasted for not having Borges at the top, and the truth is the top three are pretty interchangable. For now, since Borges is the current AU guy on the list, for AU, he would be my choice. (and I do like the results he has gotten from our offense better than the results that Petrino got).

244606[/snapback]

i agree with all of the names on the list just a little different order. i like weis, leach, spurrier, rodriguez, and borges, although not in that order. you have to look at what the guys are working with, so i think borges probably belongs toward the end of the afformentioned list. i know auburn isn't about yards and points and stats, we are about ball control and possession. i think borges' greatest accomplishment was what he did with just one year with campbell, second best is what he did with one year with cox.

weis has to be near the top. he turned an impotent offense into an offense to be feared. if they have a top 30 defense next year, they will have a shot.

leach does more with less than anyone i have ever seen. texas tech has NO talent and they manage to put up HUGE stats in the big 12. his teams will never be great, but they are pretty fun to watch as his innovative mind works.

spurrier belongs, anyone who disagrees is an idiot. and that rice kid doesn't hurt either.

rodriguez proved he can lay it on a pretty good sec defense. lets see if he can repeat with everyone coming back. if they aren't better this year, then it had nothing to do with him and more to do with luck.

Good point, this will be the first year we have had the backfield with real experience with the Borges ideas.

He went 13-0 in his first year.

He got a new backfield and all he did was gain more yards and score more points. :o

What will we be like with a second year backfield? :smokin:

Call me :homer: but i put Borges at or near the very top of the list. He is fantastic and looks to only get better. Sky is the limit.

What about the Dixie Chicks? They're pretty offensive.... :)

:au::homer:

Archived