Sears found Guilty

DKW 86

Judge Rules On Sears Case 

Kevin Sears  By: Staff Reports

Inside the Auburn Tigers

Date: Jul 14, 2006

Auburn University linebacker Kevin Sears was found guilty by an Auburn city court judge involving an incident last November during the player's junior season. Sears will be a senior this season for the Tigers.

Auburn, Ala.--Senior linebacker Kevin Sears has been found guilty of public intoxication, leaving the scene of an accident and in being in control of a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent or more by Auburn municipal court judge Joe Bailey.

The charges were the result of a Nov. 6, 2005 incident in Auburn in which his vehicle was involved in a single car accident. Sears was fined $1,589 and is required to attend alcohol abuse classes.

Sears was suspended for the Georgia game last season by Coach Tommy Tuberville and did not make the trip to Orlando for the bowl game. He participated in spring drills and is competing for a starting spot at linebacker.

Sears, who turned 23 on July 1st, is from Russellville.

He has allready been punished for what he has done...the georgia game and the bowl game (although unofficaly that wasnt punishment). Hes not gunna get another dose of punishment just because he was found guilty in court, we all knew he was guilty when it happened. He has paid his dues, I dont think he will miss anymore games.

Why would he not plead guilty and get a lesser sentence?

247856[/snapback]

thats a good question....maybe he thought he could get off as innocent for some reason.

Maybe, instead of taking the easy way out, he made an attempt to do the right thing. I am glad this is all behind him and the Team and he can now get ready for the Season.

Maybe, instead of taking the easy way out, he made an attempt to do the right thing. I am glad this is all behind him and the Team and he can now get ready for the Season.

247878[/snapback]

Yeah because pleading guilty is the "easy way out".

Whatever. You are the biggest blind homer ive ever known.

247878[/snapback]

247918[/snapback]

Agreed, if he did the crime and he knew that he committed the crime the right thing to do is man up and plead guilty.

Agreed,  if he did the crime and he knew that he committed the crime the right thing to do is man up and plead guilty.

247958[/snapback]

3rd'ed

Pleading Guilty is still Guilty. It is not easier one way or the other being found guilty.

Well at least our drunks are of legal age.....the jackasses.

247878[/snapback]

247918[/snapback]

Easy with the "H" word BG. ;)

He has allready been punished for what he has done...the georgia game and the bowl game (although unofficaly that wasnt punishment).  Hes not gunna get another dose of punishment just because he was found guilty in court, we all knew he was guilty when it happened.  He has paid his dues, I dont think he will miss anymore games.

247854[/snapback]

NOT enough...if it was a DUI it would be enough but he went well past that!

I think he needs to sit for a few more games. He might have sat already for bringing the program into an bad light, now it is time to pay the piper for his 3 convictions.

4-game suspension.  Why won't you guys believe me?  Write it down.

248026[/snapback]

Well he's already served 2 so...

Judging from recent events, if he were a Bama LB, the charges would have been dropped and the arresting policeman would have had to apologize. <_<

Judging from recent events, if he were a Bama LB, the charges would have been dropped and the arresting policeman would have had to apologize.  <_<

248028[/snapback]

No. That only should have happened if Sears had a stolen weapon & burning ganga in his vehicle when he was stopped. :rolleyes:

Judging from recent events, if he were a Bama LB, the charges would have been dropped and the arresting policeman would have had to apologize.  <_<

248028[/snapback]

I seem to recall many AU fans in the 90s wanting Freddie Kitchens booted of the team for a simple DUI! :puke:

247878[/snapback]

247918[/snapback]

No assh.....e the easy way out is the way they do at your school, just drop the charges to start with (see Simpson case). Talk about homers. Go look in the mirror hypocrit. Think I'm being a little harsh today? Damn right, the crap coming out of the bama nation over the NYT article has renewed my intense hatred for all things bama and it's not likely to go away anytime soon. You will get yours again soon.

248028[/snapback]

I seem to recall many AU fans in the 90s wanting Freddie Kitchens booted of the team for a simple DUI! :puke:

248135[/snapback]

That was a reference to Juwuan Simpson.

Also there is the case of David Palmer driving a car while drunk. Being involved in a wreck in which the other vehicle was destroyed and the driver severely injured. I don't remember if DP missed any games or not. But he didn't do any jail time, not even over night.

I don't really have too much sympathy for people who drink AND drive. My dad was almost killed by a guy that had 4+ DUI priors back in the early 80's.

Let's face it, we like every other team, has young men that make mistakes. Some guys just never outgrow the chronic knucklehead syndrome.

:au:

No assh.....e the easy way out is the way they do at your school, just drop the charges to start with (see Simpson case). Talk about homers. Go look in the mirror hypocrit. Think I'm being a little harsh today? Damn right, the crap coming out of the bama nation over the NYT article has renewed my intense hatred for all things bama and it's not likely to go away anytime soon. You will get yours again soon.

You should chill on the name calling. My comment wasnt a slam at AU, it wasnt a negative one...it was an OBVIOUS one. Hell I was taking up for sears by saying it was the right thing to do. But some of you people here are so anti bama...that you will take a bama fan's comment about the weather and try and turn it into a flame bama war.

And they didnt drop the charges in the Simpson case. He got drug school BECAUSE he pleaded guilty.

On this topic and a few others, the flames on individual players and to other posters have gotten a little out of hand. I think it's time for a little adult supervision.

To the admins:

I am NOT flaming you. This is a great board because of your efforts. At time your job seems thankless. I want to thank and encourage you all.

War Eagle.

We have a woodshed here for threads that get out of haqnd and that's what it's here for. If a thread bothers you then report it via the report button or something and they may move it off the main board for you and they may not. The only thing really bad on this thread to me is where proud called bg an a-hole which was pretty uncool. Of course I just called lsuscott a coonass on another thread. He was in fact being a true coonass though so I see nothing wrong with that.

The admin here has always had a policy of letting people duke it out a little here and sometimes it gets a little heated just like real life. Adds a little flavor to the board.

You should chill on the name calling. My comment wasnt a slam at AU, it wasnt a negative one...it was an OBVIOUS one. Hell I was taking up for sears by saying it was the right thing to do. But some of you people here are so anti bama...that you will take a bama fan's comment about the weather and try and turn it into a flame bama war.

And they didnt drop the charges in the Simpson case. He got drug school BECAUSE he pleaded guilty.

248170[/snapback]

Don't tell me to chill out on my board dude. If you don't like my comments don't let the door hit you in the butt!!!!

Archived